PDA

View Full Version : Best case if Amar'e leaves.

pauls931
06-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Long term blowing up may be the best, but I think the suns have another season of having a unique advantage. Having consistency at the point the entire game. Nash starts, Dragic comes in logging more minutes.

If they blow it up, it probably means trading nash to a contender who could use him (Portland?).

Now with that out of the way, lets say Amare walks, but they keep Nash. What's the best move, what can they do?

Guajalote
06-01-2010, 08:28 AM
How about trying to lure Nowitzki away from Dallas. That'd be two in a row from Dallas, but, with the emergence of Lopez, that would give the Suns yet another matchup problem. Not sure how the salaries would match up, though. Gotta be pretty close.

Giuseppe
06-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Amare.....Nowitski.....aside from skin pigmentation, what's the diff?

Sure, Media would have a grand time with Nash & Nowitski regrouping, but, what's the end game? Goose the gate? Uber fun? Sell lots of wampum?

Muser
06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Amare.....Nowitski.....aside from skin pigmentation, what's the diff?

Sure, Media would have a grand time with Nash & Nowitski regrouping, but, what's the end game? Goose the gate? Uber fun? Sell lots of wampum?

Dirk wouldn't quit in games 1/2

And he can get more than 4 rebounds in an elimination game.

Giuseppe
06-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Dirk wouldn't quit in games 1/2

And he can get more than 4 rebounds in an elimination game.

My clock is duly cleaned, Muse.

pauls931
06-01-2010, 09:41 AM
He got outrebounded by Nash in a game? Wow... I'm used to seeing Grant Hill do so, but not an old PG.... That said, I still hope big time he stays. If not, they must bet a big time name else blow it up and send Nash to where he can win a title. It would be hilarious if he ended up in LA...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I think Nash has more dignity than Ron Artest, he wouldn't go to the team that just beat him. But if Amare leaves, I think that means it's time to rebuild, no quick fix attempts with Dirk or anything, ask Nash what he wants to do, and go from there. If the #2 pick is available throw the kitchen sink at it, a Dragic/Turner back court would be unselfish on offense and beast on defense.

pauls931
06-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I think Nash has more dignity than Ron Artest, he wouldn't go to the team that just beat him. But if Amare leaves, I think that means it's time to rebuild, no quick fix attempts with Dirk or anything, ask Nash what he wants to do, and go from there. If the #2 pick is available throw the kitchen sink at it, a Dragic/Turner back court would be unselfish on offense and beast on defense.

Seriously, I think Portland would be the best fit for Nash assuming portland doesn't have to give up too much. With all that athleticism and a guard to utilize it, they would be an instant nightmare for the west. * Let portland have their day in the sun while the suns rebuild.

* I'm pretending Portland can be healthy for once.

21_Blessings
06-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Yes because Nash and Dirk had so much playoff success together earlier in their careers.

You aren't winning a thing with that much defensive liability playing 70 minutes combined a game.

Ghazi
06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes because Nash and Dirk had so much playoff success together earlier in their career.

You aren't winning a thing with that much defensive liability playing 70 minutes combined a game.

Dirk injury away from winning the title in 2003.

Not to mention both have added to their game.

:lol Bynum

21_Blessings
06-01-2010, 10:11 AM

4th on the Lakers in playoff win shares despite playing on one knee :lol

Dirk :fishing:

Ghazi
06-01-2010, 10:11 AM
4th best player on a Finals runner up team :clap :clap :clap

21_Blessings
06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
4th best player on a repeat champion while playing on one knee and will be remembered as the 3rd best player of a dominant Lakers dynasty when it's all said and done

mogrovejo
06-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Agreed.

Except with the part of the #2 pick, the Suns don't have assets to get it.

Darthkiller
06-01-2010, 10:24 AM
best scenerio?

sign and trade amare to memphis for zach randolph and 2 first round picks(Memphis has 3).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Agreed.

Except with the part of the #2 pick, the Suns don't have assets to get it.

:lol that's why I said "if", the rumor sounds sketch but if the Elton brand rumor really is true the Suns should hop all over it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Dirk injury away from winning the title in 2003.

Not to mention both have added to their game.

Well I want the Suns to one day hang a championship banner, not a "Dirk injury away from a championship" banner, so no thanks to that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Also Ghazi:

:lmao Israel bullyin' the sand niggas they're supposed to bully. No surprises here.

21_Blessings
06-01-2010, 11:20 AM
:lmao Theocracy in 2010

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2010, 11:21 AM
This free Ghaza cunt is getting roasted on CNN right now. Stupid rag head terrorist sympathizers.

Kamnik
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
If Amare walks it is retarded to keep Nash and not start a complete rebuild.

But then again, lets see and watch what Sarver does. Maybe a mid season trade of Nash would be better because they can still sell many season tickets with Nash still in Phoenix during summer.

If Amare would resign I think the most important thing is to get rid of Barbosa and get all his minutes to Dragic. With development of Dragic, Lopez and Dudley suns could put on another good run next year.