PDA

View Full Version : All-SpursTalk: The Finals

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 12:50 PM
All-SpursTalk: The Finals

With the second poll closed in this, the inaugural All-SpursTalk awards ceremony, the Third Team is set, while the Second Team awaits five more nominees; one last vote remains for a team only two-sevenths complete. But the Second Team's completion cannot come about without a final vote. First Team honors are still on the line, six spots remain.

Eleven nominees will vie for six spots on this year's First Team: five that survived the Second Team vote and six-of-the-seven leading vote-getters from the initial nomination's poll. You all know the names ... which only makes this an even tougher decision to make.

The criteria remains the same, "Raising the Bar" still the name of the game. Those that have consistently brought a quality contribution to the SpursTalk board over this past year -- doing whatever it is they do well -- are the people we're looking to reward and honor. We're down to some of the best of the best, so those in consideration have all met that standard in their own way. But there has to be a way to differentiate. A way to find the absolute cream-of-the-crop. This Texan can only come up with one logical, rational solution:

http://imgburst.com/up/deathmatch2.jpg

This bout is scheduled for 72-hours. Eleven combatants will enter the squared circle and this is a no-disqualification match, anything goes: eye-gouging, crotch-assaulting, Delonte-Westing, rodent-infesting, tea-bagging, Richard Gereing, taint-thrashing, rectal-tearing, disease-spreading, limb-breaking, projectile-shatting, mouth-breathing, Pierce-faking, drug-inducing, hair removing ... [ * gasps for air * ...continues] ... hell, if it's got an 'ing' you should probably think about it. You will obey my commands at all times, well, the one I have to start the fight, and protect yourself at all times -- though it'd make it easier on me if you just allowed yourself to be oft. This match will conclude when there are six nominees left standing, after which 2010's inaugural All-SpursTalk will be decided. Touch 'em up, go to your neutral corners, or at least spread out a bit, and come out swingin' at the bell. Any questions? Forget it! You're on your own . . .

Fighter are you ready? Fighter are you ready? Fighter are you ready? Fighter are you ready? Fighter are you ready? Fighter are you ... oh, for Christ's sake!

http://www.film.org.pl/images2/celebrity_deathmatch/mills.jpg
Let's get it on!

Dex
06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
:lmao Judge Mills Lane...

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 01:01 PM
:lmao Judge Mills Lane...

I needed someone with integrity. :hat

The first tiebreaker remains the same (vote-total upon nomination) but the second is subject to a change depending on how it plays out. There might be another poll out for the whole SpursTalk community to decide who goes where. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks to Pistons < Spurs for helping me with the artwork. :toast

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 01:05 PM
My peoples, please remember you're picking 6. Pick 6 nominees to complete the First Team. The 5 remaining will be left to man the Second Team, but I need you to pick 6.

Cool? Cool.

Now go vote for 6! :toast

lefty
06-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Where the Fuck is Pistons < Spurs ?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Wow.

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Where the Fuck is Pistons < Spurs ?

He's on the Second Team along with mountainballer; he tied at 48 with ChumpDumper but Chump held the tiebreaker.

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 01:14 PM
The Phila_ doth protest too much, methinks . . . :hat

Fpoonsie
06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Sooo...before I vote, it's "Pick-6" as in pick SIX?

Muser
06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
That's awesome :lol

lefty
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
He's on the Second Team along with mountainballer; he tied at 48 with ChumpDumper but Chump held the tiebreaker.
Ah ok

Brazil
06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
sorry to ask but where is Bruno ? the think tank forum is awsome !

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Sooo...before I vote, it's "Pick-6" as in pick SIX?

Fpoonsie ... always gots to be the smartass. :lol

Spurminator
06-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Screw all of you guys. I had a really good post in, like, 2004, and I thought that might count for something. Guess it's all about "what have you done for me lately," as evidenced by all of the noobs on this list. FWDT? WTF?

jaffies
06-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Black,

you mean to tell me that fucking

BRUNO

didn't get enough votes to be All-ST anywhere from 1st through 3rd?!!!?

Also, I want me some Ed Helicopter Jones!
Give polandprzem some cred, too.
Exstatic, anyone?
SpursBrazil, AggieHoopsfan, Dex, urunobili, mardigan, elnono, chieflion, DPG, MIB....etc.

shit...even lefty...maybe...

edit...

Oh, and I'm gonna vote for SFIE even though he's my nemesis!
He's funnier than I am so I hate that sonofabitch! I'm severely threatened by the amount of :lol's he gets. Up yours exile!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Black,

BRUNO

Exstatic, anyone?
SpursBrazil, AggieHoopsfan, Dex, urunobili, mardigan, elnono, chieflion, DPG, MIB....etc.

edit...

He's funnier than I am so I hate that sonofabitch! I'm severely threatened by the amount of :lol's he gets. Up yours exile!

:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Black,

BRUNO

Exstatic, anyone?

edit...

Thanks for the love Jaffies. I'd probably have to figure out a way to post more often if I wanted to earn a spot on the All-Spurstalk team. For me it's about championships, not personal recognition...so no worries.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2010, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the love Jaffies. I'd probably have to figure out a way to post more often if I wanted to earn a spot on the All-Spurstalk team. For me it's about championships, not personal recognition...so no worries.

You're like Robert Horry, only younger.

Dex
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
jaffies with some solid campagning. I don't know how, but I'm taking back one of my first team votes and giving it to him.

My presence on this board is like the wind upon the waves, or the sand upon the beach. Individually lilliputian, but were it to be absent, the landscape would be wholly different.

Now, here's a badass spinning fire kick:

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt80/darthpezley/FirekickOngBak.gif

lefty
06-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Black,

BRUNO

Exstatic, anyone?

edit...

Wow I got a mention :wow :lol

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 04:30 PM
jaffies puts on a good show but it's hard to take him all that seriously when I know he received his 6 votes from the initial nomination after telling people he only had a month to live and that he'd " suck their *!@$*" for their vote; the latter, I'm ashamed to say, had me expand the teams to get him aboard.

Sorry, jaffies, The V-bookie check bounced and I have to feed the family. No hard feelings, right? And I hope that V-bookie cash is on the way ... I'd hate to have to give up more details (but I will because I have absolutely no shame).

And, if I'm being honest (he says in his best Simon Cowell), I truly regret having to break this news. I've lost just about all the leverage I had against you and I'm screwed for the next portion of the awards. I need you, jaffies. I need you like a fat kid needs cake; like Amy Winehouse needs crack; like politicians need our blind eye and cash; like rodents need a cozy nook found on the person of Richard Gere.

What I'm saying is:
http://johngushue.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f25369e20120a57f77d3970b-800wi

And if you'll just come back home, I'll admit to everyone that what they've just read was only the rantings and ramblings of a scorned lover. The key's under the gnome, the one that signifies out of bounds. :)

rascal
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Black,

BRUNO

Exstatic, anyone?

edit...

Too many homers on your list.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
He's on the Second Team along with mountainballer; he tied at 48 with ChumpDumper but Chump held the tiebreaker.I'm embarrassed I got this far.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
jaffies puts on a good show but it's hard to take him all that seriously when I know he received his 6 votes from the initial nomination after telling people he only had a month to live and that he'd " suck their *!@$*" for their vote;

You should get First Team just for that.

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
You should get First Team just for that.

Well ... if I'm gonna get a groundswell of support like that, I really don't see how I can turn a blind eye.

I mean, it's for the people and by the people. What type of person would I be to not let their voices be heard. I'm an American, ya see. I have a belly button and the right to bear arms. :tu

dbestpro
06-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Bruno is the lead vote getter and already has a spot on the first team.

Seems like a lot of work. Just give it to Bruno and move on to next year.
Maybe, next time the polls could be for different titles. Most trusted, funniest, best troll, etc.

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Seems like a lot of work. Just give it to Bruno and move on to next year.
Maybe, next time the polls could be for different titles. Most trusted, funniest, best troll, etc.

There's more to come. This is just the equivalent to the All-NBA awards.

There's going to be an entertainment awards show that I'm working on and probably an MVP and ROY coming pretty soon, but if you've got some ideas ... that's what the RTB thread's for at the top of the page. I still need some categories and to know if there should be an MVP for each forum or just an overall.

It doesn't matter how long or shortly you've posted here, if you've got a good idea I want to hear it. Just leave it in the RTB thread and I'll see what I can do.

ElNono
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Black,

BRUNO

Exstatic, anyone?

edit...

Don't ever go away jaffies... :lol
EDIT: LOL, I just noticed you sent props... thank you.

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Don't ever go away jaffies... :lol

Tell me about it. :depressed

ElNono
06-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Tell me about it. :depressed

You know that unless this is rigged, FromWayDowntown is running away with this... :stirpot:

:hat

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
It's rigged. :D

ElNono
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
It's rigged. :D

ElNono
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
No love for poor Mel... in the words of the infamous Mark Jackson: "Come on people, you're better than that!"

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
In all seriousness, it doesn't really matter who wins the poll, it's just about finishing in the Top-6 to join the leading vote-getter on the First Team.

I haven't come to a conclusion if I should just name the leading vote-getter the MVP or if it should be something judged on a different premise and/or have it opened up to the board to nominate some people that didn't manage to get enough votes upon nomination -- I only was able to get 21 ballots out of the more than 30 I sent out, so this thing definitely isn't perfect (though I'm pretty pleased with who's managed to make the teams).

That's where I need some help on from y'all. I've heard from more than a handful of people they want an MVP and ROY, I just need to now how you want to go about it. ROY isn't that hard, I can figure that out. But whether there needs to be MVPs for each respective forum or just an overall one, that's what I need some input on.

Mel_13
06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
No love for poor Mel... in the words of the infamous Mark Jackson: "Come on people, you're better than that!"

I didn't vote for me.

That poll includes several people who kept me reading ST in lurker mode for years before I ever posted. I voted for them.

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 09:23 PM

I'm sure Obi's going to pull something from up his sleeve. Hopefully it doesn't end like Michael Douglas in Falling Down:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/Nehring/FallingDown.jpg

Actually, on second thought, that could be fun. :hat

ElNono
06-01-2010, 09:30 PM
In all seriousness, it doesn't really matter who wins the poll, it's just about finishing in the Top-6 to join the leading vote-getter on the First Team.

I haven't come to a conclusion if I should just name the leading vote-getter the MVP or if it should be something judged on a different premise and/or have it opened up to the board to nominate some people that didn't manage to get enough votes upon nomination -- I only was able to get 21 ballots out of the more than 30 I sent out, so this thing definitely isn't perfect (though I'm pretty pleased with who's managed to make the teams).

That's where I need some help on from y'all. I've heard from more than a handful of people they want an MVP and ROY, I just need to now how you want to go about it. ROY isn't that hard, I can figure that out. But whether there needs to be MVPs for each respective forum or just an overall one, that's what I need some input on.

Here's another idea: We should have a round of totally crooked voting, where people actually cut deals to vote for each other, that kind of thing. Kinda like what jaffies tried to pull out in the first round. :rollin

I don't think the actual votes would matter, but it would be interesting to see the posts and the kind of alliances that would come out of that. :lol

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 09:38 PM
So you're thinking, from Deathmatch to Survivor? :lol

DPG21920
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Does anyone need a towel or a shoe shine?

Chieflion
06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I now proclaim myself the most underrated poster on ST. Wait, now I will be overrated. FML.

Mel_13
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm voting for myself. I'll be honest, I think I'm the best poster in this contest. I would know because I read almost all my post, like at least 90% of them. But if I do vote I'll vote for me, because I love me some me, and I'll vote for you because you're not a threat.

Strategic voting. Now you just need to get yourself some trolls.

Blackjack
06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I now proclaim myself the most underrated poster on ST. Wait, now I will be overrated. FML.

Most underrated, huh?

http://www.film.org.pl/images2/celebrity_deathmatch/mills.jpg

DPG and Chieflion, you will obey my commands and protect yourself at all times. You'll receive a warning for any shot below the belt and a point deduction if I can prevent myself from ROTFALMAO. Let's keep this a clean-ish fight. Touch gloves, go to your neutral corners and when the bell rings, come out swingin'; let's put on a show, men!

Let's get it on!

polandprzem
06-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Jaffies thanks thanks thanks
:worthy:

I tried to bribe blackjack but I have not much vcash ...
Also he outplayed me on blackjack where as a winner I would get the nomination

ofcourse j/k

peace to all and many more

Blackjack
06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I tried to bribe blackjack but I have not much vcash ...
Also he outplayed me on blackjack where as a winner I would get the nomination.

Ya know, the funny thing is, I was totally going to rig the vote to get you on the First Team -- you're one of my favorite posters -- but you were insistent on playing me for a spot and wouldn't let me talk; you get quite belligerent when you mix your alcohol with THC. :smokin

Anyways, you're my boy, poland (learn to listen :lol)!

polandprzem
06-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Ya know, the funny thing is, I was totally going to rig the vote to get you on the First Team -- you're one of my favorite posters -- but you were insistent on playing me for a spot and wouldn't let me talk; you get quite belligerent when you mix your alcohol with THC. :smokin

Anyways, you're my boy, poland (learn to listen :lol)!

Hey do not use the words I don't understand. I had to search it in the dictionary and it got me pissed :lol

Blackjack
06-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey do not use the words I don't understand. I had to search it in the dictionary and it got me pissed :lol

Great, so I've found one word that stumped you.

I'm guessing you could do much better. I ain't even mastered English. :hat

team-work
06-03-2010, 06:19 AM
It's difficult to make a decision. Quite a number of posters make this forum an enjoyable place. The main thing I learnt is to sit back to read the quality posts and speak little.

Darkwaters
06-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Wheres Kill Bill Pana? I want to vote for the Greek Obama - winnin' all the elections!

Bender
06-03-2010, 08:04 AM
oops, I only picked 3. I didn't read the instructions... :(

now I can't vote anymore.

Uriel
06-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm fairly surprised Marcus Bryant didn't make the cut for any of the 3 teams. I seem to recall reading at 48 Minutes of Hell (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/02/27/a-short-history-of-the-world-with-lj-and-kori-ellis/) that LJ regarded he and Solid D as the best posters on this message board.

Blackjack
06-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm fairly surprised Marcus Bryant didn't make the cut for any of the 3 teams. I seem to recall reading at 48 Minutes of Hell (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/02/27/a-short-history-of-the-world-with-lj-and-kori-ellis/) that LJ regarded he and Solid D as the best posters on this message board.

There are a lot of great posters that either didn't receive quite enough votes upon nominations, or any votes at all, but I suppose it mostly had to do with this being an award solely for this past year -- my only guess is that a diminished presence on the board over the recent year is why you don't see Marcus Bryant, whottt and alike, vying for First Team.

Blackjack
06-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Just a heads-up. This poll closes in less than 12-hours if you want to vote; we're at 75 votes ... so we're close to the 81-82 votes the last two polls received.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Hmmm, I could swing the voting if I get my trolls involved. Quite the moral dilemma. Can any joy be taken from an award one didn't really earn? Does anyone have a way that I can reach Marcus Camby?

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Hmmm, I could swing the voting if I get my trolls involved. Quite the moral dilemma. Can any joy be taken from an award one didn't really earn? Does anyone have a way that I can reach Marcus Camby?

Blackjack
06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Five-minutes! ... FIIIIIIVVVVE-MINUTES!

Are you gonna to let it go to the first tiebreaker?

Blackjack
06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks to all that participated. I should have the complete results ready for y'all by the end of the weekend or start of next week. :toast