PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford ESPN Chat on Parker

deibero
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/32685

Greg (Cape G)

What would you say the chances are the Spurs would trade Tony Parker? And have you heard anymore or anything at all about them trading up in the draft to get Favors?

Chad Ford (1:28 PM)

I believe they're open to it if they can get two young assets in return. I think San Antonio understands that if they don't start rebuilding now, it could be two late. If they could get two high picks or one high pick and a young player, I think they'd do it. One scenario floating out there is Parker for No. 10, Troy Murphy (in the last year of his contract) and Brandon Rush

rjv
06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
:rollin

TimDunkem
06-01-2010, 01:44 PM
The Spurs are not giving up Parker.

The 10th pick plus Murphy isn't good enough either.

SenorSpur
06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Troy Murphy is the illegitmate twin of Matt Bonner.

Pauleta14
06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
switching 1 last year against 1 last year... very smart!

I don't see any reason either team would do it.

DesignatedT
06-01-2010, 02:22 PM
:lmao no way we do that garbage ass trade.

Mel_13
06-01-2010, 02:25 PM
As bad as this trade is for the Spurs, it makes even less sense for Indiana. Absolutely stupid trade idea. Chad Ford needs better sources.

lefty
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Wow :lmao

Murphy and Rush for TP?

WTF

Mr Bones
06-01-2010, 02:27 PM
The only interesting possibilities I see for a Parker trade right now are Iguodala/Holiday if Philly thinks Evan Turner can replace Iggy and something along the lines of a Mayo/Conley/Thabeet scenario... both deals would bring starting talent plus a second PG to compete with Hill for minutes.

Ditty
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
i remember when everyone was all wet about brandon rush i like him and murphy and 10th picks and 20th pick not bad but i still think parker is worth a little more

dickface
06-01-2010, 02:33 PM
This is Chad Ford people. The guy who said Darko and Skita would dominate in the NBA.

tdunk21
06-01-2010, 03:01 PM
A) that's is stupid. B) he used "two" in replacement of "too".

that shows how stupid he is :lol:lol:lol:lol

mingus
06-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Murphy is pretty overrated. he's averaged a double-double, but Indiana has just about the worst rebounding big for a center (i forgot his name). he's not bad, and he's definitely better than Bonner, but no way you give up TP for him and the 10th pick. the 10th pick is an unproven player and Murphy's numbers will naturally not be as good on a better team. i'm not on the bandwagon to give Parker up. the Spurs need to ship Jefferson and his expiring out.

Shastafarian
06-01-2010, 03:35 PM
When you have the opportunity to trade Parker to get into position to draft the likes of Mouhamed Sene, Luke Jackson, and Jarvis Hayes (all #10 picks in recent drafts) you have to pull the trigger.

DesignatedT
06-01-2010, 04:19 PM
When you have the opportunity to trade Parker to get into position to draft the likes of Mouhamed Sene, Luke Jackson, and Jarvis Hayes (all #10 picks in recent drafts) you have to pull the trigger.

:lol

in that case we would be stupid not to do it.

Agloco
06-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Yes, I know Chad Ford was the source but:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155526

:wakeup

LakerHater
06-01-2010, 04:45 PM
well who are the Spurs lookin at #10?

Srupsog
06-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Giving up Parker for murphy, rush, 10th pick isn't worth it, but I wouldn't mind listening to some deal that included Danny Granger for TP, it helps us now and long term. But the pacers want a PG right, could the spurs work out maybe a deal sending George Hill and Jefferson to the pacers for Granger, then the pacers can use their 10th pick on Gordon Hayward, because then they would need a G/F to replace Granger, plus the pacers might like this bc Hill is from Indiana. I would miss George Hill, but adding a player like granger is well worth it.

Man In Black
06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Murphy is pretty overrated. he's averaged a double-double, but Indiana has just about the worst rebounding big for a center (i forgot his name). he's not bad, and he's definitely better than Bonner, but no way you give up TP for him and the 10th pick. the 10th pick is an unproven player and Murphy's numbers will naturally not be as good on a better team. i'm not on the bandwagon to give Parker up. the Spurs need to ship Jefferson and his expiring out.

Roy Hibbert.

Spurologist
06-01-2010, 07:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/32685

Greg (Cape G)

What would you say the chances are the Spurs would trade Tony Parker? And have you heard anymore or anything at all about them trading up in the draft to get Favors?

Chad Ford (1:28 PM)

I believe they're open to it if they can get two young assets in return. I think San Antonio understands that if they don't start rebuilding now, it could be two late. If they could get two high picks or one high pick and a young player, I think they'd do it. One scenario floating out there is Parker for No. 10, Troy Murphy (in the last year of his contract) and Brandon Rush

:lmao

believe = I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.....let me just ramble on and sound good.

Thanks for playing Chad. You just don't have the goods.

arodz
06-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Roy Hibbert.

What about him? Roy Hibbert is the equivelant of Ian Mahimi, but fatter.

DynastySpurs210
06-01-2010, 07:08 PM
As much as i love Parker, and all the great things he's done for the city of San Antonio. This trade needs to go down.

anakha
06-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Anybody who thinks this trade is a good idea needs to go down.

Shastafarian
06-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Roy Hibbert.

What about him? Roy Hibbert is the equivelant of Ian Mahimi, but fatter.

DPG21920
06-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Roy Hibbert has played very productive NBA minutes.

Gino2882
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Hibbert has excellent size and is a legit NBA center. Not worth trading Parker though unless he is part of a much bigger package.

Didn't Indiana want to trade Granger?

Parker & #20 for Granger/Hibbert???

The Btown Spur
06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
The Pacers will not trade granger. Hes really their only player that creates excitement around that team. As a spurs fan I would love to get granger, but there is no way the pacers are that stupid to give up a future star. And i think they see hibbert as a solid big man so i doubt they part ways with him either. And Murphy is definitely an upgrade over bonner but i dont know if i give up tony for that trade

mosdef17
06-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I just thought of a better version of this trade, here it is...

76ers
Trade:
Elton Brand
Pick 2
Receive:
Troy Murphy
Brandon Rush
Pick 10

Pacers
Trade:
Troy Murphy
Brandon Rush
Pick 10
Receive:
Tony Parker

Spurs
Trade:
Tony Parker
Receive:
Elton Brand
Pick 2

Not 100% sold on Elton Brand, but I think he may be able to get back to some good form in the right situation. If the deal seems a little bad for Philly, you could also include pick 20 from us too I think. In either instance, this would be the base of the deal and minor modifications could be made where necessary. The salaries all align too.

Spursfanfromafar
06-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Typical Chad Ford nonsense..Basically, the Pacers get an All Star for an average PF with an expiring contract, a mediocre SG and the No. 10 pick.

Indiana would love to do it. Thankfully this is the Spurs we are talking about, not Chris Wallace's Memphis or Isiah's New York, who are the only team who will do it with Indiana.

Mark in Austin
06-01-2010, 11:49 PM
This is Chad Ford people. The guy who said Darko and Skita would dominate in the NBA.

:tu beat me to it.

Read Ford's seminal piece of idiocy, Coming Out of the Darko, if ESPN hasn't pulled it from the archives in shame. The man has about as much credibility as Hoopsworld.

Spurs da champs
06-02-2010, 12:00 AM
The Spurs are not giving up Parker.

The 10th pick plus Murphy isn't good enough either.

Wow what a fucking idiot.:rolleyes Floor spacing then Murphy has got size to not be a defensive liability. Don't really know who would be around at 10th pick tho.

benefactor
06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Good trade IMO, we get a big 4 who can shoot, rebound and defend the 4 or 5. A young SG who has upside and the 10th pick which could net us another good young pc.

I think Indy would need to add another first rounder to make it work for me but thats not a bad trade if the spurs are looking to get younger and deeper.

Guys like Haywood, Udoh, George, Patterson and Aldrich should all be there at 10.
http://open.salon.com/blog/deb_della_piana/2008/10/26/files/lipstick-on-a-pig1225026721.jpg

TheSpurglar
06-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Wow what a fucking idiot.:rolleyes Floor spacing then Murphy has got size to not be a defensive liability. Don't really know who would be around at 10th pick tho.

So you're saying you want to trade Tony Parker for what basically amounts to a better rebounding and defending Matt Bonner, and a draft pick you fully admit to knowing nothing about?

You're right, that's a great trade and that guy is a fucking idiot... :rolleyes

Shastafarian
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I’ll take it! Considering I am a Pacers fan lol

This Pacers fan was giddy about that trade. That should tell you what kind of shit sandwich it is for the Spurs.

http://airalamo.com/2010/06/01/this-week-in-idiotic-trade-rumors/

SsKSpurs21
06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I just thought of a better version of this trade, here it is...

76ers
Trade:
Elton Brand
Pick 2
Receive:
Troy Murphy
Brandon Rush
Pick 10

Pacers
Trade:
Troy Murphy
Brandon Rush
Pick 10
Receive:
Tony Parker

Spurs
Trade:
Tony Parker
Receive:
Elton Brand
Pick 2

Not 100% sold on Elton Brand, but I think he may be able to get back to some good form in the right situation. If the deal seems a little bad for Philly, you could also include pick 20 from us too I think. In either instance, this would be the base of the deal and minor modifications could be made where necessary. The salaries all align too.

pacers get hosed and we make out like bandits...no way in hell the pacers do this trade. we would have to throw in that #20 pick for them to even consider it and even then i dont think they do it.

also why would 76ers give up brand AND the #2 for murphy and #10? i doubt they agree to this as well.

admiralsnackbar
06-02-2010, 02:52 PM
pacers get hosed and we make out like bandits...

Brand is a nice player and all, but that contract of his takes us squarely out of bandit contention. Al-Ba-Tross.

8FOR!3
06-02-2010, 03:48 PM
lol Troy Murphy, lmao Brandon Rush. LMFAO 10th pick, could be a bust. Darko anyone?

galvatron3000
06-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Pass on Brand, he was already undersized but now with the injury I wouldn't think about him unless he is able to take a huge pay cut. Might as well play Ian.

DPG21920
06-02-2010, 06:49 PM
This trade is not very good for the Spurs or Pacers (simply because TP will not re-sign there.)

But for the Spurs, Murphy would be an upgrade over Bonner, but his stats would be muted somewhat. His defense is also not very good. Rush is a decent player, and although he could fill a nice role for the Spurs, the Spurs could likely get a player of that caliber from the #20 pick imo.

The gaping hole a PG caused by giving up TP would be a net loss overall imo. The contracts are about the same in terms of expiring so there is no gain there. Unless TP would re-sign after the year is over, then I would not even consider it. But that is so far fetched it is not even funny.

HarlemHeat37
06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I hate Murphy's game, so I'll pass..he's a good stretch 4 and he's a surprisingly good rebounder(especially compared to other stretch bigs), but I'm not a fan of his D, especially not on the Spurs..

Our frontcourt defense is already slow enough as it is..with Duncan/Splitter/Blair/McDyess on board, the Spurs need an athletic/quick big man to give a little more versatility..

FilSpursFan
06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
No way are we going to part Parker. He will retire as a Spur.
http://dc128.4shared.com/img/58832223/83b41516/5548043.jpg

mosdef17
06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
pacers get hosed and we make out like bandits...no way in hell the pacers do this trade. we would have to throw in that #20 pick for them to even consider it and even then i dont think they do it.

also why would 76ers give up brand AND the #2 for murphy and #10? i doubt they agree to this as well.

76ers have said that the number 2 pick is on the table but you have to rid them of Elton Brands contract, so them losing Elton would count as a plus for them too you have to understand. Although it is an asset leaving their organisation, they would recognise it as an advantageous decision to let him go so they don't have to pay him. As for the Pacers, say we did include pick 20, Troy Murphy is expiring and Brandon Rush is not working out as well as they had hoped.

TheCerebral1
06-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Honestly I would definitely consider trading him for that package for the 10th pick, Brandon Rush and Troy Murphy. I am a believer in George Hill. Given the minutes he has produced. I do agree he needs to become more consistent, but he definitely is not a need the ball in his hands type of player.

K-State Spur
06-06-2010, 09:07 AM
LYAO at Rush, a player the spurs wanted badly last in the draft and has a great deal of upside, reminds some in the front office of a young paul pierce.

Rush isn't a bad player, but I would be very worried if anybody in our front office traded for him with the designs of him developing into Paul Pierce.

Pierce could always pull up create his own shot off the bounce, Rush is still primarily a catch and shoot guy.

LOL@MavsFan
06-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Troy Murphy and Brandon Rush are still in the NBA? God, this trade is about as smart as a Jersey Shore skank.

Ditty
06-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Troy Murphy and Brandon Rush are still in the NBA? God, this trade is about as smart as a Jersey Shore skank.

i think alot of fans are thinking about kareem rush he sucks we get his
brother from kansas who was alot better but 30 minutes and averaging 9 points a game is not a great stat but a lottery pick would be nice and murphy is not a bad bonner replacement so i dont know im not sold on hill to be point guard but having a solid young team and someway to get rid of jefferson would be nice