PDA

View Full Version : 1-2-3: Stat|Dirk|Booze

Giuseppe
06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I was listening to Gambo & Ash this afternoon on KTAR 620 here in Phoenix. KTAR is owned by the Suns. It's their flagship station. Gambo, while being in general a horse patootie knows whence he speaks when it comes to the Suns. They feed him information from downtown. He & Ash spent a goodly portion of today's program discussing the free agency of Amare. Gambo states that money is not the hangup twixt Amare and Sarver. It's the length of the contract that is the sticking point. Amare wants max years (5-6) and the Suns don't want to go more than 2-3. Amare' knee can't be insured, and the Suns aren't convinced it will last thru a long contract.

Anyway, (according to Gambo) if the Suns can't come to terms with Amare and he enters free agency the Suns will go after Dirk Nowitski with a one year offer of about $10 million with a wink & a nod that they'll give what's coming to him once Jason Richardson is off the books next July. Colangelo did something similar with Danny Manning years ago. Gave him peanuts to come for the first year because the money wasn't right in the books, and then took care of him later.

They will not trade for Nowitski. They will not deal with Cuban. There's old beefs their with the Nash thingy and other bad blood according to Gambo.

The third choice will be Boozer if Nowitski goes back to Dallas. They believe they can get Boozer for a reasonable price and would afford them the room to keep their bench intact.

-30-

TampaDude
06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
NFW Dirk leaves the Mavs.

Giuseppe
06-01-2010, 08:36 PM
NFW Dirk leaves the Mavs.

I thought the same thing, Dude, but, these two assholes aren't talking out their asses. They're connected. Their mouths move, but, it's Kerr & Sarver you're hearing.

mogrovejo
06-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyway, (according to Gambo) if the Suns can't come to terms with Amare and he enters free agency the Suns will go after Dirk Nowitski with a one year offer of about $10 million with a wink & a nod that they'll give what's coming to him once Jason Richardson is off the books next July. Colangelo did something similar with Danny Manning years ago. Gave him peanuts to come for the first year because the money wasn't right in the books, and then took care of him later.CBA circumvention. The NBA would be all over this.

The loophole Colangelo used to sign and re-sign Manning doesn't exist any more. Phoenix wouldn't have Dirk's Bird Rights.

Don't take this guy seriously, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Giuseppe
06-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I got this from some ying-yang over at Sose's Joint:

2010-11 Projected Team Payrolls
Atlanta - $47.63M
Boston - $63.33M
Charlotte - $59.54M
Chicago - $31.86M
Cleveland - $69.15M
Dallas - $84.01M
Denver - $73.36M
Detroit - $51.42M
Golden State - $53.92M
Houston - $58.09M
Indiana - $64.67M
LA Clippers - $33.58M
LA Lakers - $83.94M
Memphis - $47.30M
Miami - $24.28M
Milwaukee - $55.25M
Minnesota - $35.15M
New Jersey - $22.21M
New Orleans - $73.02M
New York - $17.78M
Oklahoma City - $40.25M
Orlando - $79.67M
Philadelphia - $65.82M
Phoenix - $62.83M
Portland - $50.16M
Sacramento - $33.22M
San Antonio - $65.99M
Toronto - $63.48M
Utah - $54.79M
Washington - $29.18M

Point Guards:
J.J. Barea (Team Option - $1.8M)
Mario Chalmers (Team Option - $847K)
Keyon Dooling (Team Option - $3.8M)
Sergio Rodriquez (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $2.8M)
Jordan Farmar (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $2.8M)
Mardy Collins (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $2.7M)
Raymond Felton (Unrestricted) 

Luke Ridnour (Unrestricted)

Steve Blake (Unrestricted) 

Chris Duhon (Unrestricted)

C.J. Watson (Unrestricted) 

Nate Robinson (Unrestricted) 

Shaun Livingston (Unrestricted)

Earl Watson (Unrestricted)

Will Bynum (Unrestricted)

Derek Fisher (Unrestricted)

Antonio Daniels (Unrestricted)
Acie Law (Unrestricted)

Travis Diener (Unrestricted)

Jannero Pargo (Unrestricted)

Shooting Guards:
Dwyane Wade (Player Option - 17.0M)
John Salmons (Player Option - $5.8M)
Peja Stojakovic (Player Option - $15.3M)
Michael Redd (Player Option - $18.3M)
Shannon Brown (Player Option - $2.2M)

Mo Evans (Player Option - $2.5M)
J.J. Redick (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $3.8M)
Randy Foye (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $4.8M) 

Ronnie Brewer (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $3.7M) 

Joe Johnson (Unrestricted)

Ray Allen (Unrestricted) 

Kyle Korver (Unrestricted)

Roger Mason (Unrestricted)

Raja Bell (Unrestricted)

Luther Head (Unrestricted)

Quentin Richardson (Unrestricted) 

Eddie House (Unrestricted)

Tony Allen (Unrestricted)

Marquis Daniels (Unrestricted)

Small Forwards:

LeBron James (Player Option - $17.2M)

Paul Pierce (Player Option - $21.5M)
Grant Hill (Player Option - $3.3M)
Matt Barnes (Player Option - $1.6M)
Jared Jeffries (Player Option - $6.8M)
Chris Douglas-Roberts (Team Option - $854K) 

Josh Howard (Team Option - $11.8M)
Rudy Gay (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $4.4M)

Mike Miller (Unrestricted)
Tracy McGrady (Unrestricted)

Travis Outlaw (Unrestricted)

Josh Childress (Restricted) 

Rasual Butler (Unrestricted) 

Craig Smith (Unrestricted)

Wes Matthews (Unrestricted)

Dorell Wright (Unrestricted)

Stephen Graham (Unrestricted) 

Ime Udoka (Unrestricted)

Bobby Simmons (Unrestricted)

Rodney Carney (Unrestricted)

Power Forwards:
Chris Bosh (Player Option - $17.1M)

Amar'e Stoudemire (Player Option - $17.7M)

Dirk Nowitzki (Player Option - $21.5M)
Kenyon Martin (Player Option - $16.5M)
Darius Songaila (Player Option - $4.8M)
Kris Humphries (Player Option - $3.2M)
Chris Wilcox (Player Option - $3M)
Chuck Hayes (Team Option - $2.3M)
Jonas Jerebko (Team Option - $762K)
Tyrus Thomas (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $6.2M)
Josh Boone (Restricted - Qualifying Offer - $2.9M)

Carlos Boozer (Unrestricted)

David Lee (Unrestricted) 

Udonis Haslem (Unrestricted)

Al Harrington (Unrestricted)

Drew Gooden (Unrestricted)

Hakim Warrick (Unrestricted)

Joe Alexander (Unrestricted)

Joe Smith (Unrestricted)

Anthony Tolliver (Unrestricted)

Oleksiy Pecherov (Unrestricted) 

Shelden Williams (Unrestricted)

Kurt Thomas (Unrestricted)

Matt Bonner (Unrestricted)

Juwan Howard (Unrestricted)

Sean May (Unrestricted)

Kenny Thomas (Unrestricted)

Ike Diogu (Unrestricted) 

Brian Cook (Unrestricted)

Centers:

Yao Ming (Player Option - $17.7M)
Channing Frye (Player Option - $2.1M)
Tyson Chandler (Player Option - $12.8M)
Joel Przybilla (Player Option - $7.4M)

Brandan Haywood (Unrestricted) 

Luis Scola (Unrestricted) 

Louis Amundson (Unrestricted)

Amir Johnson (Unrestricted) 

Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Unrestricted)

Jermaine O'Neal (Unrestricted)

Shaquille O'Neal (Unrestricted)

Brad Miller (Unrestricted) 

Ben Wallace (Unrestricted) 

Fabricio Oberto (Unrestricted)

Johan Petro (Unrestricted)

Hilton Armstrong (Unrestricted) 

Kwame Brown (Unrestricted)

Sean Williams (Unrestricted)

Theo Ratliff (Unrestricted)

Etan Thomas (Unrestricted)

Kyrylo Fesenko (Unrestricted) 

Joel Anthony (Unrestricted)

Mikki Moore (Unrestricted) 

Adonal Foyle (Unrestricted)

Primo Brezec (Unrestricted)

Aaron Gray (Unrestricted)

Steven Hunter (Unrestricted)

Giuseppe
06-01-2010, 09:15 PM
CBA circumvention. The NBA would be all over this.

The loophole Colangelo used to sign and re-sign Manning doesn't exist any more. Phoenix wouldn't have Dirk's Bird Rights.

Dirk taking a one year contract in order to wait out JRich isn't circumventing, Mo. It's an accomodation between the parties.

Ashy Larry
06-01-2010, 09:19 PM
be odd seeing Dirk in anything other than a Mavs uni ........ maybe it is time to part way and go in a different direction, especially if the Mavs could land LeBron but I just don't see dude coming out west.

TampaDude
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
The chance of Dirk going to the Suns is the same as LeBron going to the Spurs...ZERO.

Ashy Larry
06-01-2010, 09:23 PM
The chance of Dirk going to the Suns is the same as LeBron going to the Spurs...ZERO.

dude is staying in the East

and more than likely, he'll remain a Cav ..... can you imagine Cleveland without him, that's there biggest attraction and it's still a shithole.

TampaDude
06-01-2010, 09:26 PM
dude is staying in the East

and more than likely, he'll remain a Cav ..... can you imagine Cleveland without him, that's there biggest attraction and it's still a shithole.

That's my thought on this as well. LeBron will stay with the Cavs.

Ghazi
06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure why Dirk would be interested. Phoenix is not truly a contender right now, and simply swapping Amare with Dirk wouldn't change that.

mogrovejo
06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Dirk taking a one year contract in order to wait out JRich isn't circumventing, Mo. It's an accomodation between the parties.

Yes, accommodation between the parts with the fit of circumventing the CBA.

Anyway, it still wouldn't work, Phoenix wouldn't acquire Dirk's Bird rights. It takes 3 years now (precisely because of the Danny Manning situation).

badfish22
06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
be odd seeing Dirk in anything other than a Mavs uni ........ maybe it is time to part way and go in a different direction, especially if the Mavs could land LeBron but I just don't see dude coming out west.

Lebron wouldn't come to the Mavs if they didn't have dirk. He would only come here to win now.

badfish22
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Dallas or Chicago.

monosylab1k
06-01-2010, 10:13 PM
tbh the whole Dirk/Nash buddy thing is way overblown. I've heard they're not that close of friends anymore.

Giuseppe
06-01-2010, 10:42 PM
He dug his own grave, the dumb ass. He signed off on Parker, he signed off on Mo, on Shaq, and Jamison, on Moon, and the practice facility next to his home. I'd love to see him leave and bury himself even further. He's stuck, no one is going to Cleveland. He should call TMAC and ask him how it feels.

^If there is a better poster on this burg, I'll eat my hat.

21_Blessings
06-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure why Dirk would be interested. Phoenix is not truly a contender right now, and simply swapping Amare with Dirk wouldn't change that.

Phoenix is more a contender than Dallas.

Roddy Beaubois
06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Phoenix is more a contender than Dallas.

True. Next year they wont be though.

baseline bum
06-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Yes, accommodation between the parts with the fit of circumventing the CBA.

Anyway, it still wouldn't work, Phoenix wouldn't acquire Dirk's Bird rights. It takes 3 years now (precisely because of the Danny Manning situation).

Phoenix wouldn't need his Bird Rights to resign Nowitzki in that hypothetical. They only have $19 million in committed salary for 2011-12.

21_Blessings
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
True. Next year they wont be though.

Goran > you

tlongII
06-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Cubby lives in Phoenix? :wtf

Roddy Beaubois
06-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Goran > you

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08lf9t4bR7gHF/x350.jpg

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Phoenix wouldn't need his Bird Rights to resign Nowitzki in that hypothetical. They only have $19 million in committed salary for 2011-12.

Ipso facto, the Suns are only paying Amare lip service. Their lone goal is to get Nowitski here on the cheap, pair him with Nash, still have Richardson for another year and go for it again, ostensibly stronger and more qualified for this attempt. It keeps Nash engaged and not stove up like when Daddy was here. Nash teaches The Machine's bitch (what's his face) the finer points of point guarding and perhaps moves to the bench as a super sub/Suns head coach in training season after next.

Understand rubberband?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2010, 12:41 AM
CBA circumvention. The NBA would be all over this.

They wouldn't need bird rights. Once J-Rich's contract expires a year from now, they'll have enough to give Dirk the max.

EDIT: already mentioned, my bad

Roddy Beaubois
06-02-2010, 12:41 AM
sorry but...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/berknip/2010-06-01_223155.png

tbh

Ghazi
06-02-2010, 12:43 AM
lol you got that combination? I tried like 30 times and quit lol

Roddy Beaubois
06-02-2010, 12:45 AM
lol you got that combination? I tried like 30 times and quit lol

I just got it off another forum

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Nowitski is made for Phoenix= white, docile, had an affair with Nash in Texas, white, etc.

baseline bum
06-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Nowitski is made for Phoenix= white, docile, had an affair with Nash in Texas, white, etc.

He's better made for Oklahoma City, and they'll have about $15.8 million to give him if they trade out of the first round. Or they could try throwing that cash at LeBron or Wade. Man, the Sonics could be nasty for years based on what happens this summer.

Scumbag
06-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Living in Oklahoma City or Phoenix, hmmmm... HHMMMMMM...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2010, 09:42 AM
If they still were the Sonics they'd be great, they'll never win a championship in Methlahoma. Durant is bolting that pisshole once his contract is up.

pauls931
06-02-2010, 09:47 AM
If they still were the Sonics they'd be great, they'll never win a championship in Methlahoma. Durant is bolting that pisshole once his contract is up.

Not that it matters, but 'horn' friends of mine claim it kill Durant having to play in OKC and when he signs his autograph he puts 'Hook'em Horns'.

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
tee, hee,--Paul in my thread--tee, hee.

JMarkJohns
06-02-2010, 11:19 AM

It's always difficult to turn down guaranteed long-term money, though. Sure, it would be genius of Durant to take the qualifying offer then become an unrestricted FA in 2012, or even sign a 3-year year MAX with OKC, see if they have what it takes to win a Title, then bolt in 2014. But the vast majority of players take the six year extension for the best money their talent brings in. Think of how much money Amare stood to lose had he not and then had to undergo microfracture before his restricted FA offseason? Doesn't happen often like that, but happens enough that most get what they can when they can and worry about winning Title for the final 5/6 years of their career.

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Hopefully there is no chance the Suns get David Lee. He's the free agent someone is guaranteed to regret signing.

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 04:19 PM
He'd work well here, Gore.

Hows come you to say such?

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
David Lee is a glorified role player. D'antoni moved him to center so he had an athleticism advantage against the guys guarding him. It's a gimmicky trick D'antoni uses that is great at making players look way better than they are in the regular season but like all D'antoni related gimmicks it falls apart in the playoffs. He played on a terrible team with no legit scoring options and a coach who is an expert at inflating stats. On a contending team, David Lee is a role player who comes off the bench for energy and hustle.

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 04:28 PM
But with the team concept and the dedication to a full bench Lee would work better here than Amare. You've tried it till your blue in the face with Amare to no avail.

dirk4mvp
06-02-2010, 04:31 PM
On a contending team, David Lee is a role player who comes off the bench for energy and hustle.

is it because he's white?

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
But with the team concept and the dedication to a full bench Lee would work better here than Amare. You've tried it till your blue in the face with Amare to no avail.

No, he wouldn't. The team would suck. After one fluke 20/10 season people act like David Lee is a 20/10 player, he's not. All of his points come off put backs, mid range jumpers, and hustle. He's the new Shawn Marion. Once he's out of D'antoni's system, he'll go right back to being the 10/10 role player he was. I can't believe people still fall for the scrubs D'antoni's system props up. David Lee's season is just like Shawn Marion's 2006 season.

The Gemini Method
06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I would have to agree that David Lee seems to be a product of a system and not really someone you can hope to be as dominant. However, I'm sure he could grab more rebs in the playoffs than Amar'e'e'e.

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I would have to agree that David Lee seems to be a product of a system and not really someone you can hope to be as dominant. However, I'm sure he could grab more rebs in the playoffs than Amar'e'e'e.

As am I. I'm also sure the Suns defense would still suck, only their half court offense would be an abortion with the go to play being a Nash-David Lee pick and roll.

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I guess getting rid of Amare for David Lee would be the prototypical Phoenix fans wet dream. A bunch of honkies making the playoffs and losing.

JMarkJohns
06-02-2010, 04:39 PM
David Lee needs OKC as much as OKC needs David Lee. He'd net a ton of putback opportunities as defenses recover from their doubles of Durant/Westbrook, and he'd likely get a good bunch of open jumpers, and he's the rebounder they lack. If he can be had for 10 million per, OKC should jump all over that - assuming they can't nab Kevin Love for Green/1sts.

baseline bum
06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Living in Oklahoma City or Phoenix, hmmmm... HHMMMMMM...

Hmmm.... 93 or 105?

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Sam Presti has learned from his San Antonio days not to throw tons of money at role players, I doubt that happens. Just like every player other than Joe Johnson, once David Lee leaves D'antoni's system, he'll be exposed as a product of that bullshit system.

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Hmmm.... 93 or 105?

Humidity or no humidity?

105 with 7% humidity is spectacular.

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Hmmm.... 93 or 105?

Carpet baggers or Mexicans?

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Carpet baggers or Mexicans?

:lol

ffadicted
06-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Tragic, why do you not have the goran layup vs. lakers in your sig instead of the lame assist

The Gemini Method
06-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Tornadoes or Arpaio

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
a large amount of meth or a gargantuan amount of meth

Kyle Orton
06-02-2010, 05:12 PM
a shithole or a cesspool

The Gemini Method
06-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Alfred P. Murrow or Johnathan Doody

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Wishbone or SSOL

mikeschy55
06-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Allow me to enlighten everyone. Dirk won't leave for one reason, the new CBA.

The new CBA will restrict the max $ players can earn (fairly significantly), so if Dirk were to sign a one year contract he would be signing his next contract under the new CBA and would be denying himself 4 years of max money under our current CBA (losing quite a bit of money).

You think Nash can convince Dirk to forfeit probably around $20 million to go play with him after he left Dallas for more money to begin with? Won't happen.

Dirk's going to stay in Dallas, I guarantee it.

Kyle Orton
06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
jamarcus russell or trent leaf

Kyle Orton
06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
shawn marion's shooting form or phillip rivers' throwing motion

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 05:49 PM
The first 6 games of Kerry Collins' season or the last 6 games of Kyle Orton's season

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Elvis Peacock or a roadrunner