PDA

View Full Version : ITW TP after Game TWO

leonarth
05-12-2005, 12:01 PM
May 11, 2005

« In a good rhythm »

Tony, the break is done thanks to this new win against the Sonics (108-91). Before flying off for Seattle, it was important not to miss Game 2

Being down 2-0, it will be tough for Seattle to come back in the series. Tonight we did performed well. Nothing to say more than that we play a good basketball. Even if Bruce Bowen was in foul trouble, we have controlled Ray Allen with Robert Horry and Manu (Ginobili). Seattle did not face any easy 3 points shots. We were present underneath the baskets and we handled their transition’s defense pretty well. In the attack, we shared the ball well. It is a solid game from us.

Regarding Bruce Bowen, do you believe that Game 1 was too tough for him ?

Yes, the refs were too tough. He received three weird fouls at the beginning of the game. It is too bad that this happened but the most important is that we won the game. I now hope the refs will do some adjustments in their decisions process in Thursday’s game.

The second consecutive game, the Spurs finish with more that 50% shooting. You are now playing to perfection.

It is true that we play well. Our trio Duncan-Ginobili-and myself was performing well with 75 points scored. Once again our bench played well; when we play all together, the danger comes from everywhere. Under such conditions, it is extremely tough to beat us.

22 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds and 3 interceptions in 37 minutes. Can you play better…

It was a complete game. I defended well, fond my teammates and on the attack, like my previous games, I found the target. In the first quarter, I even dunked! It was for the fun. (Laughs) Once again, we are not satisfied with everything that happens. We must continue to work hard. We know that Thursday’s game will be different. By playing at home, Seattle will get back some confidence. Leading 2-0 is logical as we played at home but now we will see what we can do on the road.

The good news is that you found your accuracy at the free-throw line (8/8 tonight).

I must be honest and tell you that I had given up on the free-throw during the regular season. Even if worked hard, the luck was sliding away. One thing I wanted was to increase my percentage during the playoffs. It is not normal to shoot 65%. Before Game 5 against Denver, i was averaging 75%. The 2/7 during the following game was tough for me. I was hit by this lack of success at the line and I instantly went back on the floor after the game to practice. On the first two games against Seattle, I am at 15/16. I must continue on this rhythm. If I end the playoffs at 75% shooting from the line, my objective will be matched.

With your 29 points in Game 1, did Seattle defended differently ?

Yes, they adapted. They did everything they could to push me with some double team. It worked well but opened up some opportunities for Tim and Manu.

Since the beginning of the playoffs, just like Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, you are averaging 20 points a game. Besides Phoenix no team as such a diverse fire power.

You are correct. It is funny as « Slam magazine» made their cover with us and the title: “The Magical Trio”. Since the beginning of the playoffs, we are in a good rhythm. We are taking our time to shoot and we know when to fire.

Now you must travel to Seattle where it will be red hot.

I love Key Arena. The atmosphere is great and I am looking forward to being there especially since Seattle’s fans do not care particularity for me. As I always played well there since my arrival in the league, the fans are upset. It will be good with two huge games to play.

mookie2001
05-12-2005, 03:51 PM
tony is the stuff

RobinsontoDuncan
05-12-2005, 05:44 PM
go tony, it's good to see some confidence, that means he will be aggressive.