PDA

View Full Version : Amid all the crap that goes on in this Forum. Who do ya got?

TE
06-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Celtics or Lakers. And Why?

Personally, I believe the Lakers are out for revenge will ultimately propel them to be victorious in this series. Redemption set aside, and I still have the Lakers taking it because of matchup problems. The 2008 Boston Celtics were so versatile. They had Posey, Brown, Powe, and Eddie House which mixed with superstars KG, Rondo, Allen. After watching the 2008 finals, I noticed that Boston had two styles of playing within their roster. A hard nosed, rough, tough, push you around type defensive scheme; and a fast paced, offensive, get up the court team. Both styles meshed perfectly well when playing the Lakers as such with the rest of the league. The 2010 Boston Celtics are missing a few pieces that the 2008 edition would have, ultimately putting them at an advantage over the Lakers.

Lakers in 6. (Hate to say it because it's the Lakers, for gods sake, the F***** lakers :(.....)

Thoughts?

Venti Quattro
06-02-2010, 02:09 AM
This series is not going down without a fight from Artest and Pierce.

Don't care how many games it takes, as long as LA goes b2b.

Ghazi
06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Celtics in 5. It's simple logic. If the Celtics can beat 2 teams superior to the Lakers, why wouldn't they be able to beat the Lakers?

People are starting to forget that for the longest while, with just cause, Orlando/Cavs were considered the 2 best teams in the NBA. Just because the Celtics eviscerated those two teams doesn't propel LA past them.

MiamiHeat
06-02-2010, 02:18 AM
the spanking that the Celtics gave the Heat, Cavs, and Magic should have all Laker fans worried.

Kobe's not even as good as Wade or LeBron right now, and the Celtics handled them pretty well.... so expect an encore of 2008 for Kobe and the Lakers.

silverblk mystix
06-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Celtics in 5---but because of the refs---we'll say Celtics in 6

the celtics are not soft---lakers are still soft.

Lawrence_Taylor
06-02-2010, 02:42 AM
here's mah anal eee sis

lakers got this thang in 6 games. tops. here's the reason.

artest on pierce. gone are the days pierce is covered by radmanovich and luke walton. artest is not gonna stop pierce but paulina wont be able to pull his antics against artest. queensbridge baby!

kg is slower. nigga is just not the same anymore. pau is stronger and is practically playing in his prime right about now

bynum is injured. but so is perkins. andrew got his knee drained, im optimistic that he will be much much more serviceable this time around.

KOBE is risin like mothafuckin sunrise. ray allen and tony allen are toasted. they dont have james posey to save their asses when kobe is droppin em bombs.

you beat phil jackson once in a series and he'll make sure you wont beat him again. doc rivers, take yo meds dawg because its going to be a long one for ya.

pj brown was huge for the celtics. his replacement is now sheed wallace ROFL. leon powe was actually unstoppable, his replacement now is big baby LMAO

rondo, ill give him his props. but kobe is going to be defending this mofo. he aint gonna have no mvp type series against LA. he will get hot in 2 games, sure, but kobe's going to step up in those 2 crucial games and neutralize rajon just like he contained westbrooke.

HCA. hell yeah. lakers got it this time so winnin the first two should be a breezy.

ezau
06-02-2010, 05:45 AM
the spanking that the Celtics gave the Heat, Cavs, and Magic should have all Laker fans worried.

Kobe's not even as good as Wade or LeBron right now, and the Celtics handled them pretty well.... so expect an encore of 2008 for Kobe and the Lakers.

Agree with this. Lebron and Wade are two notches above Kobe right now and the Celtics cumberstomped both of them.

eisfeld
06-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Celtics have a great great way of taking the opposing teams best player out of the game. What they did with Howard and James in the past rounds was amazing.

But one has to take into account that the Lakers have more weapons than the Cavs and Magic. They may shut down Kobe for stretches but unless they do the same with Gasol and Artest/Odom this series is going to 7.

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2010, 06:38 AM

MH,

Will you ever give Kobe any credit?

I mean really. "Kobe's not even as good as Wade or Lebron right now"?
For some reason I thought you were a man who can appreciate any players talent and what he does to propel his team during the playoffs.

I am not even a Vekcro-Kobe fan but the man is playing out of his mind right now at least up to this point prior to the finals.

I am perplexed by all your negativity towards all things Kobe. Can you put the hate glasses aside for once, take a step back, analyze and see what his worth is?

Come on man.

Nahtanoj
06-02-2010, 07:24 AM
The Hate clouds everything, difficult to see..

JamStone
06-02-2010, 08:29 AM
I think the Lakers are a better team than the Celtics. But the Celtics have a huge exploitable advantage with Rajon Rondo, if he's relatively healthy again. If the Celtics are able to win one of the first two games in LA, I think the series goes a full 7 games with the Lakers winning. If the Lakers win the two first games, I think the Lakers could possibly win in 5 at Boston.

I'm going to say Lakers in 7.

Muser
06-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Funny how everyone is saying Wade/LeBron are so much better than Kobe, he's been a beast this playoffs.

manufan10
06-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Lakers in 7. I think this will be a pretty good series. Lakers win due to home court advantage.

Dr. Gonzo
06-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Lakers in 5

lefty
06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
ANything is possible

Capt Bringdown
06-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I see the games being very tightly contested, with Kobe imposing his will at the crucial points/critical moments, as he has done throughout this playoffs.

The Lakers may not dominate wire-to-wire, but because of Kobe (and occasionally that demon Fisher) they've had this ability to hit timely jumpers better than no other team. Of course there are many other basketball factors, but those damn timely jumpers are murder!

MiamiHeat
06-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Fisher may have his shortcomings, but the dude is cold as ice. Clutch as they come with those 3 point shots to save his team.

MiamiHeat
06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Funny how everyone is saying Wade/LeBron are so much better than Kobe, he's been a beast this playoffs.

flavor of the month type guy eh?

Muser
06-02-2010, 09:35 AM

Best month to.

JamStone
06-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Or perhaps dominating in the playoffs matters more than the regular season kind of guy?

Ghazi
06-02-2010, 09:37 AM

Wade was even beastlier, except he only got to play 5 games since his team is garbage.

LeBron wasn't great against the Celtics, but the Celtics are a great defensive team.

Literally every team that was in the East playoffs is better defensively than the Suns/Jazz.

We will find out whether Kobe's postseason dominance was a byproduct of bad opposing defense or the draining of the knee/turning it up a notch for the playoffs.

Muser
06-02-2010, 09:40 AM
You can only beat the teams put in front of you.

LakeShow
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I agree with a couple of the others that if the lakers win both games at Staples, it could be a short series.

I like the lakers matchup with Boston. Andrew Bynum will prove his worth to this franchise. The Celtics are not as dominant as before inside when they beat the Lakers in 08. Gasol will get a big boost by having Bynum next to him. He wont be punked as easily as before. Artest will clamp down on Pierce, taking away one of their biggest weapons, Lamar will be too long for big baby and they have no one to stop Kobe. Sure, they'll put pierce on him a couple of times but that will just leave Artest open to post up Allen.

Ray Allen and Rondo are the Lakers biggest concern. If Fisher can't stay in front of rondo, the Lakers will have to switch. That could be a big problem for the lakers but the positives outweigh the negatives. Lakers in 7

duhoh
06-02-2010, 10:34 AM

the only month where it really matters mang.

kobe is straight torching now. we'll see.

rondo >>>>>> westbrook

i'd laugh if BOS plays zone D :lol

LA in 7 is very reasonable. but so is BOS in 6. if it goes all the way to 7, no way BOS wins.

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
i'd laugh if BOS plays zone D

They'd not stoop to that for money, marbles nor chalk.

CavsSuperFan
06-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Celtics in 6...

TheSpurglar
06-02-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree that if the Lakers take the first two, they'll likely win in 6. So if Boston wants to win the series, they'll probably have to steal at least one of the first two games. The match-ups are really great here. I don't think Artest can put "the clamps" on Pierce, but he's going to limit him because he's such a godawful pest. On the flipside, Tony and Ray Allen are going to have trouble checking Kobe. Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo's offense will actually be the most effective Kobe deterrent, because if they're going off that means Kobe actually has to work hard on the defensive end, and that could make it more difficult for him on the offensive side of the court. I think if they can wear Kobe down a bit, you could see Pierce on Kobe in crunch-time.

I feel like Perkins' defense is better than Bynum's offense normally, but especially now because of Bynum's injured knee. Perkins has been banged up too, but I give the Celtics the nod at C. KG and Gasol is going to be fascinating to watch early on, because it's going to go one of two ways... either KG and/or 'Sheed will intimidate Gasol and psyche him out of playing his game by going at him offensively and banging him defensively, or KG and 'Sheed have fallen off more than we think and Gasol will take advantage of them with his superior skills. I'm leaning more towards the former, at this point, but only because of the history of the players.

Boston has a better bench overall, although there's nobody on Boston's side that should be able to guard Odom. But... we say that every time Los Angeles plays a basketball game. If Odom plays to his potential, he gives the Lakers a big advantage. If, however, he plays underwhelming bball like he tends to from time to time I could see a player like Big Baby or Nate Robinson easily outperforming him.

In the end, I think the Lakers have enough to pull it out, primarily because of Kobe and because I think this is the series where Artest really earns his check. Though it pains me to say it... Lakers in 7.

SevenX
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Anything is POSSSSSSIBBBBBBLEEEE!

bdubya
06-02-2010, 12:51 PM

this. ^

Will there be a vbookie on the finals?

bus driver
06-02-2010, 01:03 PM

:wow I would much rather have kobe taking the last shot for the spurs than those two chokers.

Re: Amid all the crap that goes on in this Forum. Who do ya got?

but i think this is the truth and will ultimately decide the series.

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Gotta hope the refs call it our way (soft?).

If they don't, if they permit the roughhousing at least they'll have to allow Artest his onions.

bostonguy
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I got Lakers in 6 or 7 IF Gasol comes to play. This won't be an easy series for either team. These playoffs have been all about revenge and it could very well finish that way. Add in the fact that this is Boston's last stand and the Lakers have 2-3 more seasons after this one to keep on winning. Again it all depends on Gasol. When he is on, everything else seems to fall into place for the Lakers.

Man About Town
06-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Kobe is going to go into Israeli flotilla mode on the Celtics.

TE
06-02-2010, 02:17 PM
If the Celtics are to win this series. It's a must for them to steal one of the first two games. Preferably game one.