PDA

View Full Version : Open Basketball Gyms in San Antonio?

Sausage
06-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Anyone know of any basketball gyms open to the public that are relatively cheap or free to use? Preferably near 281/1604?

Blake
06-02-2010, 01:48 PM
plenty of churches in that area. I bet some of them have open courts on certain days throughout the week.

koriwhat
06-02-2010, 01:57 PM
i don't know about in that area but you can rent the woodlawn gym out for like $50 or so and it's pretty badass

Lackluster
06-02-2010, 03:13 PM
been looking for an open indoor court in that area, or any other area for that matter, for a good while..

almost seems like you hafta join a league to play indoors regularly.

i know there's an apartment complex or two in the area (one off blanco and wurzbach parkway) and another out 281 and evans (i think?) that have indoor halfcourt set ups you can sometimes sneak your way into..

koriwhat
06-02-2010, 04:40 PM
been looking for an open indoor court in that area, or any other area for that matter, for a good while..

almost seems like you hafta join a league to play indoors regularly.

i know there's an apartment complex or two in the area (one off blanco and wurzbach parkway) and another out 281 and evans (i think?) that have indoor halfcourt set ups you can sometimes sneak your way into..

also huebner/babcock rd, i think the place is like longhorn apts?

Lackluster
06-02-2010, 05:13 PM
also huebner/babcock rd, i think the place is like longhorn apts?

yeah good call, i forgot about that place.

actually went out there once and there was a 4 on 4 game going on and 10-15 people waiting to get the next game.. pretty serious apt complex bball :wow

found that court through www.nofouls.com - pretty good site for finding courts/games - unfortunately searching in san antonio doesn't yield half the results other bigger cities do.. even austin is utilizing it pretty well.

koriwhat
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
cool website man

DMX7
06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
There are a ton of community rec center basketball courts in North San Antonio you could use and no one would care.

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
There are a ton of community rec center basketball courts in North San Antonio you could use and no one would care.

Like where? I would love to find some nice courts to go to. Always having to play on some shitty outdoor halfcourt

spursncowboys
06-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Bradley MS has good games on the weekends.