PDA

View Full Version : It's Your Night Nazr

PM5K
05-12-2005, 01:35 PM
If the Sonics really intend to do their best to stop Parker then that will certainly create opportunities for other players, particularly a strong finisher like Nazr, hopefully he'll be ready.

Of course the Sonics said after the first game that they needed to slow down Parker and that was supposed to be their gameplan but I don't think things went very well for them on that front.

Also I expect Glenn Robinson to get some minutes and a few touches, I don't expect him to miss very many of them.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Brent, Manu, Tim and Nazr should be more than enough. BTW, I bet Tony still gets 20.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Also I expect Glenn Robinson to get some minutes and a few touches, I don't expect him to miss very many of them.

Glenn's conditioning showed a bit the other night. I think his hard work on defense affected his shooting (1 of 5). Of course, he's going to play at sea level tonight, so maybe the 700 feet of additional oxygen will give him a boost.

exstatic
05-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Of course the Sonics said after the first game that they needed to slow down Parker and that was supposed to be their gameplan but I don't think things went very well for them on that front.

Actually, it worked for one half. They backed off him. After halftime, Pop started Manu because Bruce was in foul trouble. Manu ran the offense, and Tony ran off screens. It's tough to back off a player when you're chasing them through screens. Tony got the close encounters that play to his speed and quickness in the second half.

PM5K
05-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Actually, it worked for one half. They backed off him. After halftime, Pop started Manu because Bruce was in foul trouble. Manu ran the offense, and Tony ran off screens. It's tough to back off a player when you're chasing them through screens. Tony got the close encounters that play to his speed and quickness in the second half.

That's true but a game is forty-eight minutes, you either stop a guy or you don't, there is no in between as far as I am concerned.

boutons
05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
"strong finisher"

He hits most of his dunks, :) but I'd never call him a strong finisher.

exstatic
05-12-2005, 03:18 PM
That's true but a game is forty-eight minutes, you either stop a guy or you don't, there is no in between as far as I am concerned.

Agreed. It worked for one half, but the Spurs adjusted, and know what to do now if they try it again. They just would have either Manu or Barry initiate the offense, and run Tony around.

kskonn
05-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I enjoyed the line up they put out there with the Barry, ginobli, and parker trio. They let Barry run the offense with Ginobli and parker running all over the place. That is when barry was able to get some open shots and ginobli and parker got into the lane.

T Park
05-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Barry initiate the offense
I gaurantee in the first time out that will be what happens, Barry will run the point, Tony will get through picks and screens.

I gotta say Brent Barry played one hell of a game the other night.

Hopefully he shoots tonight like he did the last time he was in Seattle, what was it, like 4 threes in the 4th quarter?