PDA

View Full Version : Tony parker to indiana rumor repeated again!

The_Worlds_finest
06-02-2010, 06:21 PM
The grumbles up there is tony parker for T Murphy, Brandon Rush, and Indy 10th pick....Ill help tony pack if indy takes it. (dont kill the messenger if this has been posted in 5 threads already)

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2010/06/parker_a_pacer.html

bdictjames
06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Sigh.. business is business, I'd do it..

stxspurs
06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
then why post this nonsense again

DMX7
06-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Hell No.

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 07:35 PM
the trade is a joke and you are a joke.

dastrey
06-02-2010, 07:49 PM
The lack of respect Tony Parker receives on this forum is sickening.

DxB
06-02-2010, 07:50 PM

This.

You all are fucking retarded... he's a fucking good player u dicks needa recognize

toki9
06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
This was mentioned in Chad Ford chat the other day:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155532

It's probably a rumor initiated by someone on the Indiana side (team/fan/reporter/whatever).

LakerHater
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Swap out Murphy for Granger & its a deal!

Chieflion
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
If the Spurs do not want to extend Parker, this may very well be the best value available, if Indiana actually puts this on the table.

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
If the Spurs do not want to extend Parker, this may very well be the best value available, if Indiana actually puts this on the table.

No way this is the best offer we get for Tony. If we feel like we are not going to extend him then we better get something better than this. Honestly id rather play the season out and let him walk then take on Brandon fucking Rush and Matt Bonner Jr.

DPG21920
06-02-2010, 08:04 PM
No way this is the best offer we get for Tony. If we feel like we are not going to extend him then we better get something better than this. Honestly id rather play the season out and let him walk then take on Brandon fucking Rush and Matt Bonner Jr.

Matt Bonner Jr. Come on. Murphy is definitely better than Bonner. But I agree overall that TP would command more than this.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2010, 08:04 PM
It gets more stupid every time it is posted.

Chieflion
06-02-2010, 08:07 PM

This is the best offer the Spurs are going to get for Parker. There are many reasons why. Parker had an off-year and was plagued with injuries. Secondly, Parker's contract is expiring. Teams who trade for Parker have to consider Parker's decision to stay or leave their team after next season. With Parker being accustomed to winning, he may very well leave a lottery team like Indiana. Hell, it is good that we actually get a decent 3 point shooting power forward who can rebound and a SG who can shoot the basketball on a cheap rookie contract plus a lottery pick with an outside chance at drafting Greg Monroe or some other talented big.

Assuming that a good team wants to trade for Parker, this below may very well be the offer.

Andre Miller + Martell Webster + Late 1st rounder = Tony Parker + Malik Hairston

I am not saying we trade Parker for such an offer from Indy or Portland but considering the circumstances, Parker's value couldn't be at an all-time low since 2005.

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Matt Bonner Jr. Come on. Murphy is definitely better than Bonner. But I agree overall that TP would command more than this.

Im so sick of this "stretch 4" shit im going to go insane. Plus the guy is already 30 years old. Would be an absolute terrible trade. Take a look at the recent draft picks at the #10 position and it starts to make even less sense.

DPG21920
06-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Im so sick of this "stretch 4" shit im going to go insane. Plus the guy is already 30 years old. Would be an absolute terrible trade. Take a look at the recent draft picks at the #10 position and it starts to make even less sense.

I agree with that. I am simply saying calling Murphy Bonner Jr. is crossing the line :lol

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 08:12 PM
This is the best offer the Spurs are going to get for Parker. There are many reasons why. Parker had an off-year and was plagued with injuries. Secondly, Parker's contract is expiring. Teams who trade for Parker have to consider Parker's decision to stay or leave their team after next season. With Parker being accustomed to winning, he may very well leave a lottery team like Indiana. Hell, it is good that we actually get a decent 3 point shooting power forward who can rebound and a SG who can shoot the basketball on a cheap rookie contract plus a lottery pick with an outside chance at drafting Greg Monroe or some other talented big.

Assuming that a good team wants to trade for Parker, this below may very well be the offer.

Andre Miller + Martell Webster + Late 1st rounder = Tony Parker + Malik Hairston

I am not saying we trade Parker for such an offer from Indy or Portland but considering the circumstances, Parker's value couldn't be at an all-time low since 2005.

If they're on a mission to move him and these are the best offers out there I would rather start the season and let Tony show that he still has it (which he will) and better offers will come. Hell if it comes to that point Tony might be able to give the Spurs a shortlist of teams he would like to be traded to and I guarantee you those teams will put out a better offer than this. The only people not wanting Tony Parker right now as their point guard are spurs fans, and its pretty retarded if you ask me.

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I agree with that. I am simply saying calling Murphy Bonner Jr. is crossing the line :lol

:lol fine. I'll say hes on par with Brian Cardinal since I'd even take him over Bonner at this point. :lol

DPG21920
06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
There are much better offers imo that the Spurs could get for TP.

baseline bum
06-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I might not even trade Hill for that package, much less fucking Parker. Holy shit, any Spurs fan who is for that proposed swap is an idiot.

Ice009
06-02-2010, 09:06 PM
F that trade. You'd have to include Granger before I even think about it for a second.

ShoogarBear
06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
There are much better offers imo that the Spurs could get for TP.

Yeah, what about that sweet Michael Beasley deal?

Big P
06-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah that's credible...a rehashed rumor.

TimDunkem
06-02-2010, 09:21 PM
lol Michael Beasley.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2010, 09:34 PM
The best part of the original post is ...

The grumbles up there...

as if he has some inside information that hasn't been posted from Chad Ford's chat five times already :lol

Mark in Austin
06-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Of course that means it's time to call Chris Wallace!

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
fcuk that just give us granger...could care less about the draft pick and folder players

OrEmuN
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
No Granger, no talk.

For that package, i will give RJ to Indiana. But I cannot imagine why will Indiana want RJ.

SpurCharger
06-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Tony Needs to stay a Spur.... unless its a trade for Rondo or CP3 or Deron Williams..... Otherwise hell no

ynh
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Personaly I think the Pacers would be stupid to do that move.. though in all honesty that actually sounds like a pretty good offer for Parker if it were true. Brandon Rush is not a bad player and you guys haven't watched much of Murphy if you think he is anywhere near Bonner JR. He is over paid.. I'll give you that. But that does sound like a pretty fair offer for the reasons that a poster a couple back stated.

That said I live in Indianapolis and I have never heard anything about this on the sport radio stations.

ynh
06-02-2010, 10:49 PM
lol and there is no way that you would get Granger for Parker.. there would be laughter if that was brought up but not on the spurs side.

MaNu4Tres
06-02-2010, 10:56 PM
But I cannot imagine why will Indiana want RJ.

They may be more interested in his contract, than R.J himself.

Indiana would save 51 million over the next 4 years in such a move.

Not to mention having over 45 million in cap space to really rebuild next summer.

On the realistic side of things, I don't think Pacers are desperate to get rid of Granger's contract. For the fact that his value and output correlates to his salary and the Pacers probably won't be able to sign a better 11-12 million dollar player than Granger anyway. (if they intended to unload his salary for more cap room next summer.)

ynh
06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Granger is the only reason we still have a team here.. ticket sales are still terrible but NO ONE would go if you gave Granger away for nothing.. The only way they would get rid of Granger is if they got back a superstar that would actually sell tickets here.

And cap space is a non-issue for the Pacers.. When was the last time this town pulled in a star free agent? Pacers are a team that has to build through the draft and trades.. Cap space would help on the trading part but there is no way they would ever move Granger.. You move Granger without getting a superstar back you might as well pack up the team to a new city.

ynh
06-02-2010, 11:22 PM
It is kinda funny.. even with Granger it's hard to give away tickets to the Pacers. My work gives away Colts, minor league baseball (the indians), and Pacer tickets for rewards for hard work. People actually rather have the indians tickets than Pacer tickets. After Reggie retired no one seems to care about the Pacers. Then again that has much to do with Bird being a bad GM.. he is just down right terrible. If I didn't think management wouldn't stop him from trading Granger for Parker I really wouldn't put it past him. That said as much as I like the 10th pick for the pacers I'll put money down that they will draft the center from Butler because he is white and they probably think they can sell tickets off him being a home town kid.

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM
they can have hill if they want to fill seats

ynh
06-03-2010, 12:06 AM
That would probably help lol. I was on campus the same time he was at IUPUI.. saw him around once or twice.. never thought he would the player he is now.

ynh
06-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Any money they try getting Oden or Connley first.. they could probably grab Connley pretty easy.. I could really see them doing that. Throw a big offer at Hill when he is a FA.. try and get Eric Gordon.. trade for Oden.. You got the all Indianapolis team going. probably sill couldn't sell tickets though lol. Seriously Reggie made this franshice... otherwise indianapolis is really not a huge basketball town.. or at least NBA basketball. Huge on the college game though.

Darkwaters
06-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Thats a horrible trade. The 10th pick doesn't entice me much and T Murphy and Rush are nothing too special. No need to salary dump Parker, he comes off the books in a year anyways. I'd rather get one more year out of him and then let him walk than take this.

itzsoweezee
06-03-2010, 02:51 AM

if you're not saying make the trade, why bring such a horribly lopsided trade up?

why the fuck would any team trade a top 10 point guard away? it's beyond stupid. re-sign him, and stupid with this nonsense.

Chieflion
06-03-2010, 03:12 AM
if you're not saying make the trade, why bring such a horribly lopsided trade up?

why the fuck would any team trade a top 10 point guard away? it's beyond stupid. re-sign him, and stupid with this nonsense.

I am just explaining the trade value of Tony Parker on an objective point of view. Whether anyone likes it or not, this is the current trade value of Parker. It may increase later on next season or drop depending on the circumstances. And the saturation of talent at the point guard position in the league is already beginning to show itself. This "lopsided" trade, so to say, happens for many good teams who want to help another team cut costs or rebuild while giving their own team more firepower.

Both the Pacers and Blazers lack talent in the PG department, which is why these trade rumors are being brought up. Maybe I screwed up with the Blazers part and they should add Aldridge and take Jefferson, but you are seriously telling me a top 10 pick plus talented rookie contract player and expiring 3 point shooter + rebounder is a "lopsided" trade and blasting people for it?

21_Blessings
06-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Of course that means it's time to call Chris Wallace!

Scola :lol

Muser
06-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Terrible trade...

blkroadrunners
06-03-2010, 04:05 AM
I am just explaining the trade value of Tony Parker on an objective point of view. Whether anyone likes it or not, this is the current trade value of Parker. It may increase later on next season or drop depending on the circumstances. And the saturation of talent at the point guard position in the league is already beginning to show itself. This "lopsided" trade, so to say, happens for many good teams who want to help another team cut costs or rebuild while giving their own team more firepower.

Both the Pacers and Blazers lack talent in the PG department, which is why these trade rumors are being brought up. Maybe I screwed up with the Blazers part and they should add Aldridge and take Jefferson, but you are seriously telling me a top 10 pick plus talented rookie contract player and expiring 3 point shooter + rebounder is a "lopsided" trade and blasting people for it?

It's not so much the value of players the Spurs would be getting in return from the Pacers that I'm concerned about. It's the fact that the Spurs would be overloading in their frontcourt from that trade. That's a possible scenario of a lineup consisting of Duncan, McDyess, Blair, Murphy, Splitter, and most likely the #10 pick (whom I have a feeling it will most likely be a PF/C picked). Another trade would most likely occur, but I doubt the Spurs could move McDyess around since it last for another 2 years. Plus, Blair still has high value.

Also, if the trade did occur, the only legit PG the Spurs would have on their roster is George Hill, more of a combo guard than a PG. The draft really isn't that deep of talented PGs in the 1st round except for John Wall, so the Spurs would have to pick up another PG from A) the D-League, or B) via 2nd trade (or play Curtis Jerrells more, whom I'm not high of).

However, I do tolerate the Portland scenario, and can see it actually work.

Bukefal
06-03-2010, 04:25 AM

This.

You all are fucking retarded... he's a fucking good player u dicks needa recognize

This!

Besides, this is already the 5th freakin' thread about this and these bs rumors shouldnt be even getting attention in the first place

rascal
06-03-2010, 04:28 AM

If Parkers value is at an all time low that is why you don't trade him now. Parker is a proven all star and is still young, the spurs need to get an all star quality player back.

Chieflion
06-03-2010, 04:30 AM
If Parkers value is at an all time low that is why you don't trade him now. Parker is a proven all star and is still young, the spurs need to get an all star quality player back.

I said the trade shouldn't be done. Why are people quoting me and trying to bash me while having the same points as me?

blkroadrunners
06-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Trade rumors will continuing to flock this off-season regarding Parker w/ all the high volume FAs looking into signing w/ new teams, and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Realistically speaking, I highly doubt the Spurs will trade him (nor do I want them to) especially after extending Manu's contract, since the Spurs are still in reloading mode, rather than in rebuilding mode.

jermaine
06-03-2010, 08:30 AM
The grumbles up there is tony parker for T Murphy, Brandon Rush, and Indy 10th pick....Ill help tony pack if indy takes it. (dont kill the messenger if this has been posted in 5 threads already)

Nigga I'll let yal put them hoes on my back! He's our best trading asset. He's getting traded an he knows it. That's why he's all on twitter tring to let his SA fans know its not hus wishes to be! He's a goner! I'd take Steve Blake an a couple pieces for his ass!

Dr. Gonzo
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Have any of you even played organized basketball?

ShoogarBear
06-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Have any of you even played organized basketball?

No. But then neither has anyone on the Pacers.

hater
06-03-2010, 09:29 AM
yup I'll take if granger in the deal. otherwise: stupid trade

manufan10
06-03-2010, 09:36 AM
No. But then neither has anyone on the Pacers.

:lmao:rollin

DPG21920
06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Tres, am I missing something? Doesn't Murphy expire next year and rush only makes about 3m w a team option after next year. How does that deal save them so much?

Chieflion
06-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Tres, am I missing something? Doesn't Murphy expire next year and rush only makes about 3m w a team option after next year. How does that deal save them so much?

He added Richard Jefferson and Danny Granger in his hypothetical scenario, resulting in the savings.

DPG21920
06-03-2010, 10:41 AM
ahhh

PDXSpursFan
06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
hell no.

+1

jermaine
06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Who could the Spurs draft at the 10 spot that's not going to require going overseas 1st, trading away his rights, or not needin 2yrs 2 learn our system. But I'm willing to bet Splintter is what's going to determaine what they do with Parker!

Agloco
06-03-2010, 11:36 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155526

jdev82
06-03-2010, 01:36 PM
wha?

TheSpursFNRule
06-03-2010, 01:38 PM

So fucking true. :toast

TE
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM
hellfuckingno

rjv
06-03-2010, 03:32 PM
rumors rehash the same rumors. it is the same old "never going to happen" b.s. of yesterday. time to move on.