View Full Version : Passport

RedsLakers24
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Last week i went to go get my passport, but it hasn't came yet. Im planning on leaving the 11 to Cabo, but if i don't have my passport by the time what can i do??

xellos88330
06-03-2010, 12:22 AM
IIRC, you can pay extra to have your passport expedited. It has been some time since I got my last passport so I am not sure how accurate I am.

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2010, 12:29 AM
go by boat...

xellos88330
06-03-2010, 12:34 AM
go by boat...

I think the law was changed and you need one to go by boat now.

monosylab1k
06-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Invent a time machine.

CubanMustGo
06-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Last week i went to go get my passport, but it hasn't came yet. Im planning on leaving the 11 to Cabo, but if i don't have my passport by the time what can i do??

The normal turnaround time for a passport is 4-6 weeks (unless you asked for expedited service, which you would have had to pay for up front). We just renewed my wife's passport and it took every bit of that time to get hers back.

Looks like you are out of luck.

Drachen
06-03-2010, 09:08 AM
I got my passport last year and paid to have it expedited. It took about a week and a half. My wife got hers last year too, but she didnt pay to have it expedited. She got hers in about 3 and a half weeks.

Drachen
06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I had a friend who waited too long for all of that, drove to houston and got it the next day.

resistanze
06-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Looks like you're boned. You can go in person anyways to ask for express/urgent service since they probably haven't even processed your passport yet. I know here if you add $70 to your passport fees to have it deliver in 24 hours.

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/hurry/hurry_831.html

tlongII
06-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Did they change the laws for going to Cabo? It used to be that all you needed was a driver's license.

CosmicCowboy
06-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Did they change the laws for going to Cabo? It used to be that all you needed was a driver's license.

Where ya been TBong? It's been a couple of years now that you have to have a passport to cross the border. You can't even drive across for a day trip without one.

...and the OP is fucked. You aren't getting it before the 11th. You waited too long.

mrsmaalox
06-03-2010, 10:15 AM
They didn't give you a time frame when you submitted for it? I would think that is where you'd have the option to pay to have it expedited.

As far as boats/cruises go, I believe you don't need the passport if you don't break the itinerary and if you return on the same ship to the same port you departed from. I think ;)

Viva Las Espuelas
06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I had a friend who waited too long for all of that, drove to houston and got it the next day.

That

Drachen
06-03-2010, 10:18 AM
They didn't give you a time frame when you submitted for it? I would think that is where you'd have the option to pay to have it expedited.

As far as boats/cruises go, I believe you don't need the passport if you don't break the itinerary and if you return on the same ship to the same port you departed from. I think ;)

No, you need a passport for everything now, I just confirmed with my wife who is a travel agent.

bus driver
06-03-2010, 10:24 AM

unpack :wakeup

mrsmaalox
06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
No, you need a passport for everything now, I just confirmed with my wife who is a travel agent.

Thanks for the clarification :tu

thispego
06-03-2010, 10:51 AM

:lol well you seem really smart, soo..... maybe next time dont procrastinate and get your travel affairs in order before it's time to leave.

ShoogarBear
06-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe Jason Bourne has an extra one he can lend you.

Soul_Patch
06-03-2010, 11:07 AM
It says very clearly on the passport website what the turn aroudn time is for both normal and expedited applications. Why did you wait until the last minute to do it?

Chances are you wont get it. I got mine within 2 and a half weeks, but i was surprised.

They also have a page to check the status of your application, google it.

CubanMustGo
06-03-2010, 12:20 PM
That status page is pretty worthless. About all it tells you is whether or not they've received it and what the standard turnaround time is. Here it is:

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

Höfner
06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Looks like you'll be chillin with Fido.

marini martini
06-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks like you'll be chillin with Fido.

:lmao

What a drag, can I have your ticket???

mrsmaalox
06-03-2010, 12:46 PM
:lmao

What a drag, can I have your ticket???

Have passport, will travel?

resistanze
06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Good thread though, my passport expired in April and I'm going to Vegas/LAX in August :lol

Sisk
06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Have any of you people been faced with this problem? If not, then shut the fuck up and stop giving bad advice. You can get the passport, but you have to wait until three days before you leave, that is the only way they will give it to you, the same day or the next day. You have to call the main office first, and they can tell you where the passport is in the process phase. From there they can let you know if it will be mailed in time, if not you can go down and fill out another form within three days of your departure, and they will give you one.

:toast

ploto
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
...you can go down and fill out another form within three days of your departure, and they will give you one.

I do not know of any place in San Antonio that you can do this.