PDA

View Full Version : Trade Question for Laker fans

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
If Dallas were to acquire either the 7th or 9th overall pick in the draft, would you trade Andrew Bynum for Brendan Haywood and either one of the picks?

Edit: Apparently the original offer was a bit weak. How about...

Brendan Haywood, #7 or #9, a future 1st rounder, and Roddy Beaubois for Andrew Bynum?

2Cleva
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I'll be nice - no way LA does that.

They'd only deal Bynum for an All-Star, just like they only wanted to deal LO for one a couple years back.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I'll be nice - no way LA does that.

They'd only deal Bynum for an All-Star, just like they only wanted to deal LO for one a couple years back.

If Roddy Beaubois and a future first was thrown in, would you then consider it?

IronMexican
06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm starting to really doubt Bynum's health. I was/am a big fan of his, but he can't seem to stay healthy. I still have hope he can turn it around next season.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Why would the Mavs do this?..

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Why would the Mavs do this?..

Bynum's the 2nd or 3rd best defensive center in the league IMO, and he's good for 15-16 ppg. A beast like Bynum locking down the paint on both ends is a very valuable asset.

I'd be hesitant to give up Roddy, but I might do it.

cobbler
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
No

tdunk21
06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
u cant trade brendan haywood unless it is a sign and trade...his contract has expired....

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Bynum? :lmao

fuck no

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:14 AM
u cant trade brendan haywood unless it is a sign and trade...his contract has expired....

That's what we would be doing. Besides, the Mavs have Haywood's Bird rights. The Mavs can match any offer and keep him.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Bynum? :lmao

fuck no

He's the 2nd or 3rd best player at the 1st or 2nd most important position on the floor in the entire league. He'd be incredibly valuable to the Mavs. And yeah, I'm not sure if I would do it if Roddy were included, but I'd really have to consider it.

cobbler
06-03-2010, 11:17 AM
That's what we would be doing. Besides, the Mavs have Haywood's Bird rights. The Mavs can match any offer and keep him.

Who? Does he play for the Mavs? Ohhhh yeah, the big trade that was going to topple the Laker dominance of the West.

How did that work out for ya?

TheGreatest23
06-03-2010, 11:17 AM
i'd trade bynum for that. Me and Haywood...ECF Champs!

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:23 AM
No

I'd replace Beaubois with Butler and take bad contracts off your hands too. Haywood, Butler, #9 or #7, future 1st rounder for Bynum and bad contract? Make it any better?

Muser
06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Bynum's the 2nd or 3rd best defensive center in the league IMO, and he's good for 15-16 ppg. A beast like Bynum locking down the paint on both ends is a very valuable asset.

I'd be hesitant to give up Roddy, but I might do it.

:lmao:lmao

Muser
06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Dallas really could do with that 6/5 tbh.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Who? Does he play for the Mavs? Ohhhh yeah, the big trade that was going to topple the Laker dominance of the West.

How did that work out for ya?

I'm not hear to talk shit. Did I say anything? Is this how all Lakers fans are? It always seems like it.

Haywood's good for a double double per night if you give him the minutes, and he's a top shot blocker in the league. Most teams (that didn't have shaq and Bynum for the last decade) would love to have Haywood. If a top 10 pick in the draft, a future 1st, Haywood, Butler or Beaubois doesn't entice you.... then O.K. But I don't think Bynums worth any more than that.

cobbler
06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I'd replace Beaubois with Butler and take bad contracts off your hands too. Haywood, Butler, #9 or #7, future 1st rounder for Bynum and bad contract? Make it any better?

Nope. Sticking with my guy for one more year to see if he gets past this injury phase. Certainly not trading him for mediocre players or possible prospects.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Dallas really could do with that 6/5 tbh.

Not sure what your saying here. 6/5 tbh?

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Nope. Sticking with my guy for one more year to see if he gets past this injury phase. Certainly not trading him for mediocre players or possible prospects.

If he doesn't though, you won't be able to get much value out of him at all. Haywood might be mediocre compared to Bynum, but not compared to most centers in the league. Anyway, I thought it was a reasonable offer, but I understand how hard it is to come by dominant centers.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
i'd trade bynum for that. Me and Haywood...ECF Champs!

The Cavs could use a legit center, too bad a broken down Shaq and Big Z is all you've got.

TheMACHINE
06-03-2010, 11:41 AM
i agree..haywood is a beast...

i'd trade bynum for haywood, roddy and the #7

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
i agree..haywood is a beast...

i'd trade bynum for haywood, roddy and the #7

wow a reasonable Laker fan.... finally!

It'd be difficult to give up Roddy, but it would be a good deal for both teams.

Besides, Mavs could get felton for the MLE (probably can IMO) and replace Roddy..... felton is no Roddy, but he's not that bad of a replacement either.

dirk4mvp
06-03-2010, 11:54 AM
mediocre players

So what do you consider Bynum?

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
lakers should make the trade

they already have enough offense,

get themselves a serviceable big, backup scoring pg, and used pick on a pf or someshit

clambake
06-03-2010, 12:08 PM
no way.

but donnie is just stupid enough to do that.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Hell yeah I'd take that deal. Fuck, you can keep the #7,9 picks, just Brendan and Roddy would be sufficient.

I was hoping the #7 or 9 would be enough to keep Roddy. No matter who we trade with this summer, that's the first name that's going to come up.

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
u do it for the lulz

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Brendan + Roddy >>> Bynum

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM

Our willingness to include Roddy in trades this summer may depend on whether or not we land a star player. I could very well be wrong, but without including Roddy, I think we're looking at 2nd tier players. And depending on the player, I might be alright with that.

Maybe we could do Butler & top ten pick, future 1st, and JJB for Granger. (their in need of PG, and JJB is almost as effective as ford at half the price).

Kidd
Roddy
Granger
Dirk
Haywood

Edit: Maybe throw in a future 1st as well.

The Gemini Method
06-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Our willingness to include Roddy in trades this summer may depend on whether or not we land a star player. I could very well be wrong, but without including Roddy, I think we're looking at 2nd tier players. And depending on the player, I might be alright with that.

Maybe we could do Butler & top ten pick for Granger.

Kidd
Roddy
Granger
Dirk
Haywood

What? No LeBron in the starting line-up?

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 01:59 PM
What? No LeBron in the starting line-up?

Not sure what you're getting at. Is Granger not feasible?

ChrisRichards
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Beasley for Haywood and the pick sounds good.

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Our willingness to include Roddy in trades this summer may depend on whether or not we land a star player.

Wait. Bynum is a star player?
:lmao

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 02:04 PM

We have been missing an underachieving pot head ever since J-Ho left.

ChrisRichards
06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
We have been missing an underachieving pot head ever since J-Ho left.
+1

You get youthier too.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Wait. Bynum is a star player?
:lmao

He's one of the best centers in the league. As a Mavs fan, you should know that teams rarely go anywhere without legit centers (Boston being an exception, as they have 3 big bodies that play legit D). Controlling the paint has been a big reason for the Lakers success the past decade. A top 2 or 3 center in the league OR a tier one talent at the wing are both acceptable to me. I think Roddy may be an all-star at some point, but you obviously have a much higher opinion of him than I do.

In the end, I may not do the deal, but it certainly isn't laughable. Roddy's hard to include in a deal, I get it. He has a very high ceiling and loads of potential, but Getting Bynum (when healthy) would immediately make any team significantly better.

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I think Roddy may be an all-star at some point, but you obviously have a much higher opinion of him than I do.

I think you just have a much higher opinion of Bynum than I do. Honestly, I dont think the gap between Haywood and Bynum is that big.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:18 PM

A legit center/top notch shot blocker AND a top ten pick for Beasley? I hope your joking.

BadOdor
06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd swap his lazy ass for haywood straight up. I'll pack his shit and drive him to the airport myself.

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I'd swap his lazy ass for haywood straight up. I'll pack his shit and drive him to the airport myself.

See, mike. This is what Lakerfan thinks of Bynum. This is why im laughing at your Roddy+Haywood+top 10 pick trade.

BadOdor
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
See, mike. This is what Lakerfan thinks of Bynum. This is why im laughing at your Roddy+Haywood+top 10 pick trade.

Sons tbh, only a small fraction of laker fans in this site realize that bynum is a no good lazy injury prone bum. It's even worse on laker sites, where he is apparently the next "franchise" player for the lakers.

Almost as bad as spur fans thinking parker is a top 5 pg.

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Although I would do Haywood for Bynum straight up for sure.

BadOdor
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Although I would do Haywood for Bynum straight up for sure.

Sons I would do bynum for you straight up.

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Sons tbh, only a small fraction of laker fans in this site realize that bynum is a no good lazy injury prone bum. It's even worse on laker sites, where he is apparently the next "franchise" player for the lakers.

:lol 21_Bynums

Almost as bad as spur fans thinking parker is a top 5 pg.

At least Parker had that one full good season spurfans call fall back on. 21_Bynums is over there citing a 3 game span in the middle of November to prove Bynum is a future HOF.

cobbler
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
So what do you consider Bynum?

He has proven, when healthy, to be a dominant center. Problem is he hasn't been able to stay healthy. As I said in my earlier post, I am willing to give him another year to see if he can get past this injury phase.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I think you just have a much higher opinion of Bynum than I do. Honestly, I dont think the gap between Haywood and Bynum is that big.

I think you underestimate the impact of even a slight upgrade (though Haywood to Bynum is not a slight upgrade) at the Center position. The Center position usually dictates which team controls the paint. Besides the point guard the center position is the most important position on the floor because he has such a significant impact on the game. Controlling the paint dictates the stats that normally contribute most to the outcome of the game (besides generalities like TO's, fg %).... like points in the paint, 2nd chance opportunities, etc.

Bynum's also just 22 years old. If an unproven rookie that may or may not turn out to be an all star is the price of a dominant big man in this league for years to come, then it's something you should consider. Certainly not laughable.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:36 PM

That's one guy's opinion, most Laker fans on this board said hell no. So what?

And again, I'm not saying I would do it either. I'm saying that if that offer was on the table.... (not Roddy, Hayoowd, AND top ten pick... that was baited just to see if Laker fans were that dead set on keeping Bynum... and one was) I'd have to consider it. I'd honestly sit down and think about it, I wouldn't just laugh it off.... dominant big men mean a LOT in this league.

ChrisRichards
Haywood is good hence you see the Heat trading a future AS player in Beasley. The #10 pick is an incentive for a weak draft class. You're more than likely to draft a Shelden Williams, Bryant Reeves, Samaki Walker type of player in this group anyway.

TheManFromAcme
We hold on to Drew. No question about it.
I'd hold on to him just one more year.

Muser
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't get why you want to trade one of the best defensive C's in the league + one of the best prospects in the league for someone who gets hurt every 10-15 games.

BadOdor
06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Haywood is good hence you see the Heat trading a future AS player in Beasley. The #10 pick is an incentive for a weak draft class. You're more than likely to draft a Shelden Williams, Bryant Reeves, Samaki Walker type of player in this group anyway.

Beasly is garbage. I wouldn't take him for free. A 3/4 tweener who plays no D, doesn't rebound, basically goes jack shit other than score - the only thing he'll ever be good for is putting up numbers in lottery teams.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
We hold on to Drew. No question about it.
I'd hold on to him just one more year.

You see Roddy Beaubois, this is how the vast majority of Laker fans feel. He can makes a big difference on the floor.

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't get why you want to trade one of the best defensive C's in the league + one of the best prospects in the league for someone who gets hurt every 10-15 games.

I dont understand it either tbh.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:45 PM

I guess I value centers more than most. Whoever controls the paint usually wins IMO. He is injury prone, but he's only 22 yrs old and he's proven that he can be a very dominant center in the NBA. If an unproven and promising prospect is what it takes to upgrade to a dominant center, then I'd CONSIDER it. I honestly don't know if I'd do it. If it were on the table as an offer, I don't think any NBA exec would just laugh it off

Ghazi
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Bynum hasn't proven shit as far as being a dominant center in the league. He's only shown flashes here and there but has been either "meh" or shitty for 3 straight playoffs.

Roddy Beaubois
You see Roddy Beaubois, this is how the vast majority of Laker fans feel. He can makes a big difference on the floor.

Badodor and Luva are two are the more rational lakerfans on this site tbh, even if they both troll a lot. Most lakerfans are just huge homers that think Bynum will be a HOF one day.

Just out of curiosity, what is culbys view on Bynum?

mikeschy55
I dont understand it either tbh.

We can represent the trade in whatever light we want, but Bynum is 22 yrs old and he's shown that he's a force at the Center position. I'll say it again, whoever controls the paint usually wins the game. Trading an unproven yet promising young prospect for a dominant big for years to come is worth consideration.

BadOdor
I guess I value centers more than most. Whoever controls the paint usually wins IMO. He is injury prone, but he's only 22 yrs old and he's proven that he can be a very dominant center in the NBA. If an unproven and promising prospect is what it takes to upgrade to a dominant center, then I'd CONSIDER it. I honestly don't know if I'd do it. If it were on the table as an offer, I don't think any NBA exec would just laugh it off

A stretch of 10 games in the regular season doesn't prove shit. All I know that for the last 3 years now, he's been injured every time when the REAL season comes around.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Bynum hasn't proven shit as far as being a dominant center in the league. He's only shown flashes here and there but has been either "meh" or shitty for 3 straight playoffs.

you replace Bynum with Haywood and the Lakers wouldn't be nearly as dominant, guaranteed

Ghazi
06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Sup Mavs version of 21_Blessings

Ghazi
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
you replace Bynum with Haywood and the Lakers wouldn't be nearly as dominant, guaranteed

Replace him with Haywood and give them Beaubois. Yes they would. You act like Haywood is a scrub defensively. He isn't. He controls the paint defensively adequately when he wants to, he just is limited offensively.

Beaubois would give Lakers shooting + slashing which are two of their mediocre areas.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
A stretch of 10 games in the regular season doesn't prove shit. All I know that for the last 3 years now, he's been injured every time when the REAL season comes around.

Lakers fans are spoiled when it comes to big men. Shaq, Gasol, Bynum... Odom (kind of) in this decade alone. If you were to have Haywood instead of Bynum, you wouldn't be nearly as dominant. I'd bet anything on it. Most every team would LOVE to get their hands on Bynum.

Ghazi
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
damn... 21 may have found his match as far as Bynum cum guzzling...

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Replace him with Haywood and give them Beaubois. Yes they would. You act like Haywood is a scrub defensively. He isn't. He controls the paint defensively adequately when he wants to, he just is limited offensively.

Beaubois would give Lakers shooting + slashing which are two of their mediocre areas.

I recognize that Haywood is a good defensive center, but Bynum is one of the best. I'll say it again, if the offer were on the table... I'D CONSIDER IT. Roddy is promising, but he's still unproven.... and that means a lot. If we could get a player this summer that replaced what Roddy could do to SOME DEGREE... then I'd really have to consider it.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
damn... 21 may have found his match as far as Bynum cum guzzling...

I think almost every team this decade besides Boston won a championship with a dominant center. When the Heat beat us... Wade still had a dominant Shaq. You can't put enough value on dominant centers in this league, and too few people understand that.

TinTin
06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
At least Parker had that one full good season spurfans call fall back on. 21_Bynums is over there citing a 3 game span in the middle of November to prove Bynum is a future HOF.

:lmao new found respect for mav fans

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Individual Mav fan is really overrating Bynum here..

Bynum's a good C and he's one of the few Lakers I don't dislike, but I've never seen a player get more hype based on small sample sizes..

Bynum's value in the playoffs is that he's a big body that adds to the biggest frontline in the NBA..if you put Haywood in there, then there wouldn't be a difference IMO, the Lakers would probably be even better TBH..a healthy Bynum? yes, obviously better than Haywood, but as others have said, a healthy Bynum is pretty much a fantasy at this point..

Medvedenko
06-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Bynum's a good C and he's one of the few Lakers I don't dislike, but I've never seen a player get more hype based on small sample sizes..

Bynum's value in the playoffs is that he's a big body that adds to the biggest frontline in the NBA..if you put Haywood in there, then there wouldn't be a difference IMO, the Lakers would probably be even better TBH..a healthy Bynum? yes, obviously better than Haywood, but as others have said, a healthy Bynum is pretty much a fantasy at this point..

What a great take.....never heard that analysis before. Strong post!

bostonguy
06-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Lakers will dead Bynum win or lose this series. Bynum/Sasha/fillers to New Orleans for Cp3/Okafor.

mikeschy55
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM

I thought about it for a little bit, and I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. I think an upgrade to Bynum over Haywood would be more than trivial, but it wouldn't be significant. Not worth Roddy. A healthy Bynum.....would be attractive but Haywood and Roddy would have to bring back more than a healthy Bynum... maybe shannon brown and future first rounder as well. That sounds a bit more enticing. (though I'm a shannon brown fan)

Bob Lanier
06-03-2010, 07:22 PM
:tu

Bob Lanier
06-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I recognize that Haywood is a good defensive center, but Bynum is one of the best.
You've got this the wrong way around. Haywood is one of the 4 or 5 best defensive big men in the NBA. Bynum is slightly above average in that respect. And they're roughly equivalent rebounders too.

Now, granted, Bynum's better on the offensive end, but it's not like he's a go-to player. He's a pick-and-roll finisher with a couple of moves in the paint that he can sometimes rely on.