PDA

View Full Version : Maytag causes fires !!!!!

lefty
06-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Maytag recalling almost 2 million dishwashers over fire concerns

Module body

Thu Jun 3, 6:54 AM

By The Associated Press
WASHINGTON - Maytag Corp. is recalling about 1.7 million dishwashers because of a fire hazard, including about 160,000 units in Canada.
Canadian and American officials say the company has received 12 reports of electrical failures in the heating element that led to fires. No injuries have been reported.
The recall includes Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air, Admiral, Magic Chef, Performa by Maytag and Crosley brand dishwashers with plastic tubs.
The recalled dishwashers were sold at department and appliance stores from February 2006 through April 2010.
Consumers are advised to stop using the recalled dishwashers and disconnect the electric supply by shutting off the fuse or circuit breaker controlling it.
Consumers can schedule a free in-home repair or receive a rebate of toward the purchase of select new Maytag dishwashers. For additional information, visit the Maytag website at www.repair.maytag.com.

www.yahoo.com

Drachen
06-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Begin the jokes about the maytag repairman getting off his ass . . . NOW!

Wild Cobra
06-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Begin the jokes about the maytag repairman getting off his ass . . . NOW!
Over the years, he's too fat to get off his ass and work.

Bender
06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I have a maytag d/w. Without even checking, I'm pretty sure mine will be on the recall list.

Probably 3 out of 4 appliances I have bought in my life have been recalled a few years later for "fire hazard".