PDA

View Full Version : Before everyone posts a 1,000 plus TP trade threads.

TheSpursFNRule
06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Do you fools not realize how good this guy is? Do you fools not realize that he was a huge part in 3 championships? You fucking idiots don't get that you don't trade a top 10 PG for Derrick fucking Favors or Troy Murphy and a bunch of scrubs or whatever else you dream up while you sit at home unemployed waiting for the next topic on Spurs Talk to come up so you can dream up scenario after scenario you wannabe GM idiots. Go do your trades in NBA 2k10 and stay off the message board. If you choose to stay on show TP some fucking respect, the guy is a competitor and mark my words he will retire in San Antonio. Book it.

To TP and Spurs fans who appreciate him.
:toast

TIMMYD!
06-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah! :toast

Bender
06-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Spurs fans want to shake things up. Nothing wrong with that. Spurs are way over the salary limit with not very many players. Can't get thru the reg. season and then PO's with only half a team.

dbestpro
06-03-2010, 02:05 PM
So, we get 1000 trade Tony threads followed by 1000 keep Tony threads. Can't ya'll just post all of it in one thread like its suppose to be?

duhoh
06-03-2010, 02:11 PM
how about not posting in either trade/keep threads?

oh wait. . . :bang

Bukefal
06-03-2010, 02:17 PM
:toast Exactly.

He should get some basic respect. That he isn't loved/liked or popular is one thing, but he isn't even getting the basic respect he deserves around here.

tdunk21
06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
TP is not goin anywhere.....TP is one of the best players on the spurs team roster.....so all the trade TP threads should be closed.....imo TP, splitter????, hill and blair are the future of the spurs organization...

cd98
06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
If Splitter doesn't sign, Parker will be used as a trade asset to get a big. IMHO.

TheSpursFNRule
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
how about not posting in either trade/keep threads?

oh wait. . . :bang

First off I have not seen any "Keep TP" threads. That is why I made one. Yeah sure I could have posted this in another thread, but I feel it needs to be recognized that the disrespect to one of the franchises greatest players is a shameful representation of our "fan base". Maybe you don't feel the same way. :toast

TE
06-03-2010, 03:05 PM
TP is here to stay!

Dr. Gonzo
06-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I will stay on these boards and continue to show Tony Parker no respect. What are you going to do about it?

pookenstein
06-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Do you fools not realize how good this guy is? Do you fools not realize that he was a huge part in 3 championships? You fucking idiots don't get that you don't trade a top 10 PG for Derrick fucking Favors or Troy Murphy and a bunch of scrubs or whatever else you dream up while you sit at home unemployed waiting for the next topic on Spurs Talk to come up so you can dream up scenario after scenario you wannabe GM idiots. Go do your trades in NBA 2k10 and stay off the message board. If you choose to stay on show TP some fucking respect, the guy is a competitor and mark my words he will retire in San Antonio. Book it.

Nice take. I'm all with you man.:toast

silverblackfan
06-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Tony is a key element to this team. Now and in the future. The mere idea of trading him off after all he has done is silly. Yet silly threads will be abundant this summer, because we have the extra time. I like the idea that TP has grown from a talented youngster to the wrecking ball he is today. Why waste that talent now that it is at it's peak or give it to another team?

jason1301
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I agree with pretty much with everyone saying that TP is a pretty damn good player, but here is the catch no more rings with him being the franchise leader, period!

Major concern #1 TP's health, he has had his fair share of injuries and he is not getting younger. Also he turned pro when he was 15! That's a llot of basketball under his belt.

Plus is he really a leader? Let me remind you that it was Manu, that was able to connect and develop some kind chemistry with RJ not TP. RJ was brought into this team, to fit around TP not TD or Manu.

I like Tony but he is not a max player, and if that's what he is going to ask, then we better ship him now that we can get some value in return.

TheSpursFNRule
06-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I will stay on these boards and continue to show Tony Parker no respect. What are you going to do about it?

:nope:

lefty
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Ok

So, can we now post a 1000 plus TP trade threads ?

TheSpursFNRule
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Ok

So, can we now post a 1000 plus TP trade threads ?

Yeah man because there have been soooooo many TP appreciation threads. I have seem to lost count. :rolleyes

Pauleta14
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah man because there have been soooooo many TP appreciation threads. I have seem to lost count. :rolleyes

+1

I thought about starting one myself for that reason in response to the daily "trade tp" threads, so I'm with you!

I thought the best answer was not answering to thoses threads but they will always find a way to keep them "alive" and I'm sick of seing those on the message board EACH time I come here (as well as the other stupid "trade ducan" these last weeks!)...

So I think the best answer and "support" to Tony is to start threads praising him.
I'm sure the vast majority of spurs fan don't want him to leave at all, they are just not the ones who make the more noise around there...

Agloco
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155526

DesignatedT
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
:smchode:

Bukefal
06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Its ridiculous the hate and how people forget what he means to the Spurs. And all the bullshit rumour threads popping up 5 times a day the same stupid rumour, while he isnt going anywhere and while the Spurs wont let him go nor do we have any reason to think he will go

Now even if there is a thread about tp, a positive thread or appreciation thread, no one will post in it other than a couple people, no one replies in the thread, and if they post they are hating and spitting bullshit to immediately ruin the whole thread.

For example there was a TP happy birthday thread a while ago on here and so little people replied, only 300 views or something, while manu's child thread and splitter or nobodygivesashit threads and the trade tony threads had all over 1000 views.

Also duncan 228 made a thread about TP's highlights from this season this week. It had only 10 replies of which most of the replies were meant to hate on TP and spitting bullshit and againg the thread turned into shit.

So that shows clearly how spurs fans on here think about TP. he is unpopular, I get that, that's one thing, but it's just ridiculous, the lack of respect.

TheSpursFNRule
06-03-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155526

J-Wiz
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
how can u b a spurs fan and even think about trading TP. he's probaly the only player as of right now who we have that can score 20+ a game for a whole season(provided he stays healthy ofcourse). the last time we won something who was the best player on our team? and if we would have gotten to the finals this year or if we get there next year, guess who's gonna be the finals mvp?(again, provided we won/win the finals). TP's 28yrs old right? that means he's in the middle of his prime. he's our youngest allstar for goodness sakes. we cant trade TP.

ploto
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
How many people moaning about the trade Parker threads were supporting the idea of trading Manu- and for many of the same reasons?

Brazil
06-03-2010, 07:43 PM
parker sucks, trade his ass for Beasley.

fortunately we have fans who know:

Ur a dumbass Baron Davis is a lot better then parker jump shot, passes, also he can post up. Kidd is a better fit for the spurs then parker helps duncan get easy shots & gets everyone involved, Aaron brooks looks like a poor mans allen iverson he's much better then parker. Again parkers cock shoved down yalls throats. He was never good anyways he can only hit layups he got lucky against Dallas with the jump shots we quickly saw the real parker against the suns.

Mr Bones
06-03-2010, 08:41 PM
:lol Suggesting a reasonable trade that helps the Spurs has nothing to do with "hate." Sorry, but if Memphis offered Mayo & Conley for Parker or Philly offered Iguodala & Holiday I'd say do it. It has to do with modern salary cap rules more than anything else, not under-appreciating an obviously great point guard.

Josepatches_
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM
how can u b a spurs fan and even think about trading TP. .

If you are a Spurs fan then you want that Spurs win so you would think to trade everyone if that makes the team better.

I guess you'd said no to trade TP for LeBron.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
:tu to the OP for this thread. Tony means too much to this team to let him go for table scraps. As good as George Hill is, the guy is a shooting guard, not a point guard. Tony is going to be here next year, and I'll be damn glad to see it.

TheSpursFNRule
06-03-2010, 09:42 PM
:lol Suggesting a reasonable trade that helps the Spurs has nothing to do with "hate." Sorry, but if Memphis offered Mayo & Conley for Parker or Philly offered Iguodala & Holiday I'd say do it. It has to do with modern salary cap rules more than anything else, not under-appreciating an obviously great point guard.

Dude the point is none of that shit is going to happen. Understand?:wakeup

duhoh
06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
First off I have not seen any "Keep TP" threads. That is why I made one. Yeah sure I could have posted this in another thread, but I feel it needs to be recognized that the disrespect to one of the franchises greatest players is a shameful representation of our "fan base". Maybe you don't feel the same way. :toast

naw brah, i feel your OP, but let them idiots keep talking. no need for this thread. it's not like their stupid hate for frenchie is finna go away, neither will it make the spurs FO do anything.

some people just open their mouths and get exposed for who they really are. so let them keep going.

the smarter fans here know what's up. and that's what's really up.

Mr Bones
06-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Dude the point is none of that shit is going to happen. Understand?:wakeup

Unless you are actually RC Buford, there is no way you could know for sure. Many stranger trades involving superstars have happened-- Oscar Robertson, Chamberlain, Earl Monroe, Garnett, Clyde Drexler, Gasol.... Is your point that Parker should never be traded under any circumstances, even if it helps the Spurs?

Oh, and please don't call me dude, dude.

carina_gino20
06-04-2010, 12:34 AM
:wakeup It's the off-season. There are gonna be 1000 more Trade TP threads.

TD 21
06-04-2010, 12:35 AM
For some reason, Parker has always been under appreciated. Now, he's been forgotten. That's how it works now in the NBA when you go through one injury plagued season, you become forgotten and the latest flavor of the month is all the rage.

It happened to Wade in '08, it happened to Ginobili in '09 and it's happening to Paul now. Three of the top fifteen players in the league were being either doubted, forgotten or both.

Parker will pick right back up where he left off at the end of the 08-09 season next season and he'll remind everybody that he's one of the top twenty players in the league.

Here's what people either don't know or fail to acknowledge: since Parker and Ginobili both reached a new level (for Ginobili it was 07-08; for Parker it was 08-09), we haven't seen them both healthy and in rhythm. That right there, before the Spurs make any external improvements, or receive any internal improvements, should make this team next season a better team than we've see in at least two seasons, but probably three. Throw in the every improving Hill and this should be easily the best back court in the league.

Vic Petro
06-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Again I think we can all agree that Tony will likely bounce back with an excellent year if healthy. But the question for the front office is whether or not he's worth a long-term max contract after next year. 25-30 year old Parker is a max player. Will 30-35 year old Parker be a max player as well?

I think it's fair to question.

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 05:19 AM
How many people moaning about the trade Parker threads were supporting the idea of trading Manu- and for many of the same reasons?

It's not about that. There is nothing wrong with some members on here considering trading parker for some players and working out some theories because they have nothing else to do apparently. There is nothing wrong in doing that in 1 thread, it's still stupid and disrespecting, but I can understand it.

But it's about constantly finding a way to hate on him in those same threads, his play, constantly spitting bullshit.
It's about making 100 threads about trading him for bullshit just for the sake of trading him and getting rid of him because of disliking him. It's not about just a trade speculation thread anymore, it is always filled with hate and stupidness and bashing. That's what is so ridiculous.

sonic21
06-04-2010, 06:54 AM
It's not about that. There is nothing wrong with some members on here considering trading parker for some players and working out some theories because they have nothing else to do apparently. There is nothing wrong in doing that in 1 thread, it's still stupid and disrespecting, but I can understand it.

But it's about constantly finding a way to hate on him in those same threads, his play, constantly spitting bullshit.
It's about making 100 threads about trading him for bullshit just for the sake of trading him and getting rid of him because of disliking him. It's not about just a trade speculation thread anymore, it is always filled with hate and stupidness and bashing. That's what is so ridiculous.

but why do you care so much? just ignore all those posts.

Mel_13
06-04-2010, 07:50 AM

:tu

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 07:58 AM

I did not start this thread, but I just wanted to respond. Ive started threads like this before, now, mostly I just ignore the trade threads and the shit.

But,It's ridiculous and it's ruining the spurs forum and threads, for that I do care. When someone opens a nice thread, immediately its ruined with crap because some people dislike the guy personally. Also 10 times a new thread is made about the same thing. So that means 10 times the same hate, 10 times the same bashing, 10 times the same ridiculous rumors, plus its making the forum messy. 1 trade thread? fine.

And in the other TP highlight thread I was just pointing out how funny it is that the thread clearly shows how people think of him, nothing more.

Dont you care?

Mel_13
06-04-2010, 08:02 AM
I did not start this thread, but I just wanted to respond. Ive started threads like this before, now, mostly I just ignore the trade threads and the shit.

But,It's ridiculous and it's ruining the spurs forum and threads, for that I do care. When someone opens a nice thread, immediately its ruined with crap because some people dislike the guy personally. Also 10 times a new thread is made about the same thing. So that means 10 times the same hate, 10 times the same bashing, 10 times the same ridiculous rumors, plus its making the forum messy. 1 trade thread? fine.

And in the other TP highlight thread I was just pointing out how funny it is that the thread clearly shows how people think of him, nothing more.

Dont you care?

Kori and LJ get to decide what goes too far in their house. The rest of us are just guests. Complaining about the company someone else allows in their house doesn't make much sense. There are other houses to visit.

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Kori and LJ get to decide what goes too far in their house. The rest of us are just guests. Complaining about the company someone else allows in their house doesn't make much sense. There are other houses to visit.

kori and lj decide what goes too far? Complaining about company someone else allows in their house? :huh lol

Why would you bring that up? Do you see me talking about that? Do you see me giving kori and lj instructions or something? What are you trying to say. Besides, it's not about going to far or not, this is not going too far.

Im just stating my opinion, so does everyone on this forum. Nothing else. Im just saying what I think. Im just saying that I cant understand why people disrespect the guy so much. Im just saying that opening 10 threads about the same irrelevant thing is stupid. Im just saying that the hate on here sometimes is sickening. Am I not allowed to do so?

That's all, im not saying people cant post it anymore, or that everything should be deleted or that people should be banned. Of course not, everyone has its own opinion and its own likes and dislikes. If someone wants him traded, fine, if someone dislikes the guy fine. The only thing im doing is asking and saying that its stupid in my eyes to not give the basic respect, even if you dislike him, im just saying these trade rumors and 100 threads are ridiculous. Nothing more. Just my opinion, thats what a forum is about.

It doesnt have anything to do with Kori or Lj. You dont seem to get it.

besides, about opening 10 new threads and the forum getting messy, well kori and lj themselves have opened a raise the bar thread, so I think opening 10 irrelevant threads about the same topic also falls under the raise the bar idea.

Mel_13
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
You dont seem to get it.

:lol

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM

yeah, you dont seem to get what I meant because its not about that. It's not about kori or Lj or about me and others complaining about the company they allow in ST. It's just about opinions, not instructions.

Mel_13
06-04-2010, 08:25 AM
yeah, you dont seem to get what I meant because its not about that. It's not about kori or Lj or about me and others complaining about the company they allow in ST. It's just about opinions, not instructions.

No, you really don't seem to to get it.

Just as you are allowed by our hosts to drone on about how ridiculous and disrespectful and stupid all the trade TP threads are, they have been allowed to post them.

These threads will fall off the first page and die the death they deserve much more quickly if they are ignored.

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 08:33 AM

No, you really don't seem to to get it.

I do, really. If you read it, you would see. You probably thought that I want those things to not being allowed. That's not it.

Just as you are allowed by our hosts to drone on about how ridiculous and disrespectful and stupid all the trade TP threads are, they have been allowed to post them.

Of course they are allowed to do so! Have you seen me writing that those people arent allowed to do so? No! Ive said numerous times, if someone hates tp fine, if someone wants him traded fine, if they want to open threads about it fine, if they want to spit bullshit in the threads, fine. Of course they are allowed. Im not saying it isnt allowed or that i think it shouldnt be allowed.

The only thing im doing is just giving my opinion on those things. Im only saying that I think its ridiculous, that I don't understand how people disrespect him so much, that he deserves more respect, even if someone dislikes him and that i think its a shame that if there is a nice thread opened about TP imediatelly its filled with crap and hate. That's all. Im not saying things shouldn't be allowed.

These threads will fall off the first page and die the death they deserve much more quickly if they are ignored.

Mostly yes, but it is unnecessary for having 10 threads about the same thing. Dont you think?

Mel_13
06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I do, really.

I'll take your word for it.

sonic21
06-04-2010, 08:53 AM

Dont you care?

When someone makes a stupid thread -- don't post in it. The reason those threads stay on the front page is because people post in them over and over and over telling the OP that they are dumb. If you don't post in stupid threads, they'll be off the front page in a matter of hours.

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 08:53 AM
first off i have not seen any "keep tp" threads. That is why i made one. Yeah sure i could have posted this in another thread, but i feel it needs to be recognized that the disrespect to one of the franchises greatest players is a shameful representation of our "fan base". Maybe you don't feel the same way. :toast

+1

i thought about starting one myself for that reason in response to the daily "trade tp" threads, so i'm with you!

I thought the best answer was not answering to thoses threads but they will always find a way to keep them "alive" and i'm sick of seing those on the message board each time i come here (as well as the other stupid "trade ducan" these last weeks!)...

So i think the best answer and "support" to tony is to start threads praising him.
I'm sure the vast majority of spurs fan don't want him to leave at all, they are just not the ones who make the more noise around there...

+1

Brazil
06-04-2010, 09:03 AM
chill out guys... most of the TP haters are "I created an account just to hate TP" posters anyway. The well known and appreciated posters of this board are showing a the respect he deserves and thats the most important IMO.

TheSpursFNRule
06-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Do you realize we have not nor will we win a title with him as several teams have passed us by....while several more are up and comers? Do you realize he dominates the ball often? Do you realize he has been in the nba 10 years and still is not a 3pt threat? Do you realize he is our only real asset that trading him might help us get better now and help us in the future as well? Do you realize he is in the last year of his deal, wants a max contract the spurs are not likely to pay? Do you realize Pops favorite player is the other pg on the roster?

Do you realize George Hill isn't a PG and isn't ready to lead a team? Do you realize that while we may not win a title without him trading him for Troy Murphy and scraps, or Derrick Favors and D-Harris or whatever else will also not win us a title? Do you realize that everyone wants a max deal and he will most likely settle because he has said he wants too retire in San Antonio.....etc. etc. etc.
:rolleyes

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
He says he wants to retire in SA while his wife says if he had his way he would go to NY in a min.

Where have you read or heard that? :wakeup

Bukefal
06-04-2010, 06:09 PM
His wife slipped up on the red carpet, even mentioned they had looked at pent houses there and that they love SA but he would go to NY in a second, he just cant say it in public.

She also said other than NY they had talked about LA.

lol, what a load of crap. please :lol

ChumpDumper
06-04-2010, 06:11 PM
His wife slipped up on the red carpet, even mentioned they had looked at pent houses there and that they love SA but he would go to NY in a second, he just cant say it in public.

She also said other than NY they had talked about LA.If it was said on the red carpet, there is a link to it.

anakha
06-05-2010, 06:38 AM
G Hill was drafted to be a PG like it or not. Pops has said over and over he wants Hill to be like Avery only bigger with a better shot. Hill played well at pg when tp was out and in his third year its time to sink or swim. besides we all know pg in not important in our system all he has to do is bring the ball up and make the first pass.

Look at how utterly wrong you are.

Pauleta14
06-05-2010, 10:48 AM
He says he wants to retire in SA while his wife says if he had his way he would go to NY in a min. :wow:nope :lol If she really said such a thing it would have been heard already...

G Hill was drafted to be a PG like it or not. WRONG
Pops has said over and over he wants Hill to be like Avery only bigger with a better shot. WRONG
Hill played well at pg when tp was out AND WRONG... :lol

and in his third year its time to sink or swim. besides we all know pg in not important in our system all he has to do is bring the ball up and make the first pass. WTF??!!! :lmao

Im not giving the guy away, :lol obviously you're not..

As far as settling.......You mean like manu did.....Getting a 3 year max deal? Name me one player who took less to stay with his team.....not a little less a lot less? They want to get paid TIM DUNCAN

Seriously man you're one of the best!
So many BS/wrong arguments in just one post, you're a master...

keep it up! :toast :lol