PDA

View Full Version : Big oil spill in Gulf = Lower gas prices???

4>0rings
06-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I love the way corporations and jews control the market to fit their needs. As a consumer of gas, is this supposed to be hush money? Long live fake capitalism!

word
06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Good grief...

Fake capitalism is the dollar is up and that means lower commodity prices. Oil is a commodity. Combine that with a global recession and ...there...is...your....answer. It has nothing to do with the BP spill.

Move along...I hear family guy is on.

Cry Havoc
06-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Good grief...

Fake capitalism is the dollar is up and that means lower commodity prices. Oil is a commodity. Combine that with a global recession and ...there...is...your....answer. It has nothing to do with the BP spill.

Move along...I hear family guy is on.

Thread over. Flawless victory.

Höfner
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
War in Iraq = lower gas prices?

4>0rings
06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
2010 - The dollar rose 6% against the euro (http://useconomy.about.com/od/glossary/g/euros.htm) (January 1-April 17) due to the weakness of the EU's economy.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/tradepolicy/p/Dollar_Value.htm

Average price of gas was $2.65 in Jan 10'

Average price of gas was $2.87 in April 10'

The cost of gas continued to rise through the time period the dollar was getting stronger.

Continue with your belief nobody controls anything in the market and there is no white collar crimes.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Tell us how the Jews control the oil market, 4>0rings.

word
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Wow...12 cents. errr...I mean .22... ( my bad ...) Still a far cry from last summers nearly $4.00 here in SA.

PublicOption
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
I think you are on to something, but to be realistic.

gas prices will go down because it would be bad PR for all the oil companies to gouge the people with high gas prices after this.

but think about it. gas prices will come down even when they are supposed to go up with hurricanes, giant oil spills and "summer motorists", trouble in the middle east.

what happened to all of those excuses that raise oil prices.

word
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I think you are on to something, but to be realistic.

gas prices will go down because it would be bad PR for all the oil companies to gouge the people with high gas prices after this.

but think about it. gas prices will come down even when they are supposed to go up with hurricanes, giant oil spills and "summer motorists", trouble in the middle east.

what happened to all of those excuses that raise oil prices.

The oil companies, do not set the price of oil.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2010, 07:04 PM
what happened to all of those excuses that raise oil prices.Trumped by overall lower demand.

4>0rings
06-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow...12 cents. errr...I mean .22... ( my bad ...) Still a far cry from last summers nearly $4.00 here in SA.Nice edit, you still gave up.

Trumped by overall lower demand.Really, when did demand get lower? When Chinas economy exploded or when Americans were tired of using oil and decided to use batteries?...

greyforest
06-04-2010, 01:35 AM
markets are based on speculation.

i tend to side with the OP, as i could easily see media trying to spin that this would increase gas prices. when they do that, gas prices DO go up, and investors start making back the money they paid to the media from their bubble.

capitalism!

ChumpDumper
06-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Really, when did demand get lower?Are you seriously asking when demand for oil got lower?

PublicOption
06-04-2010, 07:36 AM
The oil companies, do not set the price of oil.

you are kidding right.:rollin:rollin

there are 5 giant oil companies that extract oil en masse from the ground in the middle east and domestically. they will port oil tankers to short the supply.....just to create a shortage. they will squeeze refineries(there are a few more refining companies)so they don't refine as fast to short the supply and create a shortage. in the end oil companies absolutely control the price of oil. they wouldn't be in the business if they couldn't....too much risk.

if we imported more oil from russia then the price of oil would drop dramatically, then they would have real competition as it is now they colluded like a drug cartel to set the prices.......and the US gov't has no control over them because all of these companies are not beholden to the US anymore they are global compaines.
OUTSIDE ANTITRUST LAWS.

boutons_deux
06-04-2010, 08:48 AM
The price of oil is set by Wall St and other traders, not by supply and demand.