PDA

View Full Version : As an MJ fan I'm scared.

BullsDynasty
06-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Since Kobe and the Lakers are most likely going to win this year they have a really good chance to win it all next year. If Kobe does win next year, not only does he match MJ in 2 3peats thereby being in the same league as MJ, but he will have done something that Jordan never did and thats make it to the NBA finals 4 consecutive years........

tlongII
06-03-2010, 11:07 PM
The Blazers will stop the Lakers next year. GuaranSheed.

Quit Hatin'
06-03-2010, 11:08 PM
as long as lakers put up some more banners, i dont really care.

Koolaid_Man
06-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Since Kobe and the Lakers are most likely going to win this year they have a really good chance to win it all next year. If Kobe does win next year, not only does he match MJ in 2 3peats thereby being in the same league as MJ, but he will have done something that Jordan never did and thats make it to the NBA finals 4 consecutive years........

I got some first class tickets to Bitchville just for you...

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Kobe will never = Michael. The rules favor guards nowadays. The hand check rule has made it nearly impossible to cover a good guard, while back when Jordan was around, you could smack a guard around and get away with it, because the rules favored the big men.

BullsDynasty
06-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Nope. What's going to break your back is when he's all-time playoff scoring leader, and the day he eclipse MJ in scoring...lol

And then I'll pop the argument, Kobe played more seasons than MJ....

Quit Hatin'
06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
everyone has there reasoning to who the best player is, but when its all said and done lakers will remain the best franchise in sports.

Nahtanoj
06-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Kobe will never = Michael. The rules favor guards nowadays. The hand check rule has made it nearly impossible to cover a good guard, while back when Jordan was around, you could smack a guard around and get away with it, because the rules favored the big men.

Not saying Kobe equals Jordan or whatever. But I'm sorry, you don't know what you're talking about.. I saw a lot of handchecking on Kobe today. Handchecking still exist, but it seems rather discretionary. Jordan use to combat handchecking by pulling or swiping the defender's arm/hand, that, today (or even back then) is an offensive foul.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 11:14 PM
everyone has there reasoning to who the best player is, but when its all said and done lakers will remain the best franchise in sports.
:lmao:lmao:lmao
Sorry dude...you ain't catching the Yankees. Not a fan of the Bronx Bombers, but the Lakers ain't even close.

Nahtanoj
06-03-2010, 11:17 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao
Sorry dude...you ain't catching the Yankees. Not a fan of the Bronx Bombers, but the Lakers ain't even close.

Not a Yankee fan either, but yeah, they are the best American franchise in sports.

Quit Hatin'
06-03-2010, 11:18 PM
baseball is gay

Koolaid_Man
06-03-2010, 11:18 PM
And then I'll pop the argument, Kobe played more seasons than MJ....

got answer for that...MJ got his dad killed and because of gambling and was forced out the league because of it...his skills would have declined anyway...MJ quit on the game and his family before the game and his family was ready for him to quit...

Nahtanoj
06-03-2010, 11:19 PM
got answer for that...MJ got his dad killed and because of gambling and was forced out the league because of it...his skills would have declined anyway...MJ quit on the game and his family before the game and his family was ready for him to quit...

Oh man don't even go there. Show some class please..

Koolaid_Man
06-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Oh man don't even go there. Show some class please..

I have no class...let me repeat I have no class and don't want none...it's game on...like Tupac said my mentality for all Laker haters is fuck you and ya mama...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Neat thread Tacker

And who cares about the Yankees, does anyone really give a shit about world series they won in like the 1910's

TheMACHINE
06-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Then I'll counter with... "it's not Kobe's fault MJ wasn't good enough to go pro as a teen."

bazinga!

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Don't know what you're on about.. I saw a lot of handchecking on Kobe today. Handchecking still exist. Jordan use to combat handchecking by pulling or swiping the defender's arm/hand, that, today is an automatic offensive foul.
There was a lot more handchecking back then than there is now, because it was actually legal then. Jordan AVERAGED 30.1 PPG over his career, including averaging 20 PPG at the age of 40. Kobe will not meet his average points, won't win as many awards. Oh..by the way, Michael hasn't lost in the Finals...6 for 6..Kobe is 4 for 6, and for 3 of those titles, he wasn't even the best player on his team. MJ has a better FG% over a longer career so far, better average in rebounds, FT%, assists, steals..everything, including his last few years, which made his numbers drastically decline. They're not on the same level...period. People are seriously reaching.

BRHornet45
06-03-2010, 11:32 PM
wtf?

son there is absolutely no reason to worry. In order for Kobe to even be mentioned in the same sentence with Jordan he will need to win AT LEAST 4 or 5 more NBA championships AS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM aka WINNING THE FINALS MVP AWARD FOR EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP!

anyone can ride the coat tails of another star player's success and be a role player like Kobe did with Shaq. Its all a matter of luck and just being on the right team at the right time ala Robert Horry. I guess we should rank Horry as one of the games greatest simply because he has more rings than Jordan! Kobe Bryant has only been the CO-LEADER of ONE championship team and that was last season.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Neat thread Tacker

And who cares about the Yankees, does anyone really give a shit about world series they won in like the 1910's
As much as we care about Lakers Championships in Minneapolis. Not a Yanks fan, but for someone to say the Lakers are the best franchise in pro sports..that's just disgusting. The Yankees have won 26 championships, including a 5-peat, and 40 AL Championships. Lakers will never catch them.

oh crap
06-03-2010, 11:37 PM
lmao a kobe/mj thread! obvious kobe troll is obvious. one home game doesn't equate this fake (great player, no doubt) to the g.o.a.t

eisfeld
06-03-2010, 11:39 PM

You know what I can play that game too:

Since LeBron might be joining a better team next year he has a chance to win it all next year and the 3 years after next year. Since this would be a four-peat does that mean MJ's and Kobe's legacy is in danger?

Cry me a fuckin' river and open that thread again when the Lakers actually 3peat - and there are at least 101 games between now and the day that maybe happens. Try again next year.

mojorizen7
06-03-2010, 11:44 PM
But....MJ was a better basketball player than Kobe is.
I mean....ya'll watched the games right? http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 11:45 PM
You know what I can play that game too:

Since LeBron might be joining a better team next year he has a chance to win it all next year and the 3 years after next year. Since this would be a four-peat does that mean MJ's and Kobe's legacy is in danger?

Cry me a fuckin' river and open that thread again when the Lakers actually 3peat - and there are at least 101 games between now and the day that maybe happens. Try again next year.
bazinga!

TheMACHINE
06-03-2010, 11:48 PM
But....MJ was a better basketball player than Kobe is.
I mean....ya'll watched the games right? http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif

but but Jordan woulda scored 50 points in 60 percent shooting with probably 11 assist if he were playing instead of Kobe.

BullsDynasty
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Then I'll counter with... "it's not Kobe's fault MJ wasn't good enough to go pro as a teen."

And then I'll counter with Kobe has played more seasons than MJ but still has yet to reach his scoring record.

BullsDynasty
06-03-2010, 11:53 PM
No one questioned Kareem, or Malone.

Of course not which is why they're scoring record isn't taken into consideration when talking about G.O.A.T and neither should Kobe's or MJ's.

BullsDynasty
06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Kobe will have titles, and that's all people will remember. Wilt was better than Bill, but who has the greater legacy?

Ya no shit, I never said anything about titles being a non factor...

SevenX
06-04-2010, 12:04 AM
I could give a shit. We have this years finals to win.

z0sa
06-04-2010, 12:13 AM
:lol

When Kobe wins 6 Finals MVPs and 5 season MVPs (twice consecutively), and hell why not a DPOY?, as well as taking from His Airness the highest playoff scoring average all-time, you can piss yourself.

Kobe is a great, great player, and may his basketball detractors forever be shamed.

But he will never be MJ.

kromediablo
06-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Kobe will not be the greatest of all time even if the does win 6 titles....kobe does not have the athleticism MJ possessed. The only person that has a chance today is Lebron because he brings another element that jordan doesn't have which is size. Lebron with 6 titles would conceivably be greater than MJ...but by that time the nba title bar will be set higher by Kobe. Let's just hope that Lebron works on his jumper...lol

TD 21
06-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Bryant can pile on ten more gifted championships for all I care, the reality is no knowledgeable basketball fan would have the audacity to place him above the following players historically: Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, Johnson, Russell, Bird, Chamberlain and Duncan.

TheMACHINE
06-04-2010, 01:47 AM
Bryant can pile on ten more gifted championships for all I care, the reality is no knowledgeable basketball fan would have the audacity to place him above the following players historically: Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, Johnson, Russell, Bird, Chamberlain and Duncan.

lol so if Kobe gets 14 rings, he is still behind those guys?

lol ok

TE
06-04-2010, 02:40 AM

lol ok

He's in the discussion that's for sure

TD 21
06-04-2010, 06:02 PM

lol ok

That's right. Those guys weren't gifted championships. With Duncan specifically (because they played in the same era, it's somewhat easier to compare them, despite the fact that they play vastly different positions), no one in their right mind would have taken Bryant over him from 97-08. So, if Bryant piles on a cadre of gifted championships, does that all of a sudden atone for that?

This guy could only win when he was playing with the most dominant force in the game, with a bloated payroll, with crucial calls always going his team's way or with a front line that's the equivalent of men against boys compared to virtually everything other front line in the league.

When he didn't have the majority of those things for a three year span, he was exposed. I can't think of another top ten consensus all-time player that had a stretch that bad in the prime of their career. No playoffs, first round elimination twice, third team All-NBA one year. Then the Gasol "trade" occurred and that was all forgotten, as was the fact that he's a diva and an asshole.

TheMACHINE
06-04-2010, 06:58 PM
That's right. Those guys weren't gifted championships. With Duncan specifically (because they played in the same era, it's somewhat easier to compare them, despite the fact that they play vastly different positions), no one in their right mind would have taken Bryant over him from 97-08. So, if Bryant piles on a cadre of gifted championships, does that all of a sudden atone for that?

This guy could only win when he was playing with the most dominant force in the game, with a bloated payroll, with crucial calls always going his team's way or with a front line that's the equivalent of men against boys compared to virtually everything other front line in the league.

When he didn't have the majority of those things for a three year span, he was exposed. I can't think of another top ten consensus all-time player that had a stretch that bad in the prime of their career. No playoffs, first round elimination twice, third team All-NBA one year. Then the Gasol "trade" occurred and that was all forgotten, as was the fact that he's a diva and an asshole.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/WOX_69/KobeYouMad.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-04-2010, 08:32 PM

the more I think about it I actually respect you BullsDynasty not too many bitches fess up and flat out admit they are scared...I like that in women...come clean with how you feel and show some emotion with it...

DPG21920
06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Kobe is an incredible, incredible player so just leave it at that.

j-money24
06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
The Blazers will stop the Lakers next year. GuaranSheed.

You said the lakers will be stopped last year, you said the lakers would lose in the first round, second round, west finals against phoenix and im curious to see what was your predictions before game 1 of the finals.