PDA

View Full Version : Does it hurt being so dumb?

DazedAndConfused
06-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm buyin a broom and bringin it to Game 4. It's gonna be wicked fun!

Celtics in 5. This isn't even a rivalry, the Celtics franchise has won 9 of 11 NBA Finals meetings including the most recent meeting.

Lakers 93
Celtics 105

This is goint to be a predictable game. Kobe comes out firing for the first two quarters trying to prove a point that he wants payback scoring 26 points in the half. So, Boston lets Kobe gets his while they focus on defending Pau Gasol and Odom. Second half comes in, Kobe tries to play facilitator but his teammates fails because of Boston's defense and they are out of rhythm from Kobe's dominant first half, Boston up by 6 at the end of 3rd. Kobe says "Fuck it" in the 4th quarter, shoots himself with a healthy 3/11 ratio. Lakers never recovered from trailing. Boston wins. Laker fans drowns in disappointment. Some things never change. Boston>Los Angeles.

See you folks in game 2.

Celtics Sweep.

Done.

Book it. :hat

Kobe is the next to cry....

No back to back bitch.

Go do some more modeling.

Celtics in 5. It's simple logic. If the Celtics can beat 2 teams superior to the Lakers, why wouldn't they be able to beat the Lakers?

People are starting to forget that for the longest while, with just cause, Orlando/Cavs were considered the 2 best teams in the NBA. Just because the Celtics eviscerated those two teams doesn't propel LA past them.

Celtics in 5---but because of the refs---we'll say Celtics in 6

the celtics are not soft---lakers are still soft.

the spanking that the Celtics gave the Heat, Cavs, and Magic should have all Laker fans worried.

Kobe's not even as good as Wade or LeBron right now, and the Celtics handled them pretty well.... so expect an encore of 2008 for Kobe and the Lakers.

'08 Lakers > '10 Lakers

Who's going to guard Rondo? Fisher?

I mean, besides the silly suggestion that Fisher dealt with Nash, can't this guy see that Nash is actually the kind of point-guard Fisher can still be somewhat serviceable guarding? That Rondo is the type of point-guard Fisher has no hope of guarding? Phil Jackson quickly stopped trying to guard Rondo with Fisher 2 years ago when Fisher wasn't as slow and Rondo wasn't nearly as good. In which world is this guy living?

LOL at the "we'll force Rondo to take jump-shots". I mean, are Lakers fans like Rosen so obtuse and detached from the real world that they actually believe that they're the only ones who thought about that? That Cleveland and Orlando actually didn't want Rondo to take jump-shots?

mogrovejo just took a steaming pile of shit on that article :lol Is Charley Rosen ever right? This does seem like 2008 all over again though. The Lakers rip through all of the cupcake pretender western conference teams and everyone is kissing their ass. Meanwhile the Celtics have taken on the much more physical East teams who actually know a thing or two about defense.

The showtime Lakers of the 80's used to go through the weaker finesse western conference as well while the 80's Celtics had to battle through the superior Eastern conference. Nothing has changed.

Here is my detailed analysis:

The Celtics will shit on the Lakers

That Laker team played much better than this years, it's pretty much a fact backed up by statistics :D. Just because some of the names are nicer (Glassy/Artest > Rad/Turiaf) doesn't change that fact.

This was the weakest edition of the Lakers in the past 3 years... and this will become obvious when they struggle to generate offense against the Celtics.

Geez... do these people actually watch games?

What's funny is that in 2008 every Lakers fans were saying that Kobe was absolutely unstoppable. Now they're falling in the same mistake.

To their credit, they're just regurgitating what Magic+Cavs fans also were saying just a couple of weeks ago.

1. Home-court advantage in the Finals is OVERRATED with the 2-3-2 format.
2. I think the MAJOR difference between last year's LA title team and this years LA team is that Ariza was a better fit for LA than Artest is. Ariza played his ass off on D, and made most, if not all of his wide open 3-point attempts during last years playoffs..something Artest hasnt been able to do this year.
3. True the C's do not have Posey to throw on Kobe, but you have to remember they used Pierce on Kobe for a good amount of time during that series as well, and he did a pretty damn good job.
4. True about KG not being the same, but then again...he wasnt a force to be reckoned with in that 08' Finals series to begin with anyway...he mostly roamed out on the perimeter by the FT line shooting jumpers anyway...Pierce was the Finals MVP, not KG.
5. Bynum might as well be on the bench again like he was in 08', because he has been pretty damn bad in these Playoffs anyway. The guy clearly isnt healthy, and occasionally he will have a good game..but he wont be THAT much of a difference maker this time around...
6. Boston's bench may not be as good as it was in 08', but Boston and LA's bench are somewhat even in this series. Boston has Sheed, T. Allen, Davis, and perhaps even Nate coming off the bench now. The Lakers have Odom, Farmar/Brown, and occasionally Walton and Vujacic....not the greatest bench in the world either...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Considering the fact you're quoting some people's trolls, you tell us what it's like to be dumb.

Medvedenko
06-03-2010, 11:23 PM
You tell em Dazed, ring em up!

midnightpulp
06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Considering the fact you're quoting some people's trolls, you tell us what it's like to be dumb.

/thread.

Dazed since Luva has taken over your job as the number one Laker douchebag around here, you've really lost a step.

You were a legend, a fuckin' legend.

Quit Hatin'
06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
hey midnight are you done giving gasol a blowjob?

DazedAndConfused
06-03-2010, 11:29 PM

Does it hurt being so dumb?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Does it hurt being so dumb?

This is coming from someone who got trolled by Boston Pancake.

eisfeld
06-03-2010, 11:31 PM

+1 :lmao

Quit Hatin'
06-03-2010, 11:34 PM
you forgot all those dumb fucks who said they are picking anyone who comes from the east to beat anyone who comes from the west.

midnightpulp
06-03-2010, 11:34 PM
hey midnight are you done giving gasol a blowjob?

Why are you so seemingly offended that I'm giving props to a Lakers player?

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
The fact that you would take the time to go to all of those quotes and post them...quotes of OBVIOUS TROLLS at that..wow...and then make a quote entitled "Does it hurt being so dumb?" pot meet kettle, my friend..pot meet kettle.

21_Blessings
06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
We can thank Ghazi for these last two championships. God (big Laker fan) hates Shiites

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2010, 11:41 PM
We can thank Ghazi for these last two championships. God (big Laker fan) hates Shiites

And he loves Jews. There's a reason why LA hasn't gotten rid of Farmar.

DazedAndConfused
06-15-2010, 11:34 PM
bump

21_Blessings
06-16-2010, 10:42 AM
:bking

manufan10
06-16-2010, 11:34 AM
:lol

I don't feel dumb. Actually, I feel pretty smart. I've been saying Lakers in 7 since the beginning of the series. :D

Muser
06-16-2010, 11:37 AM
My initial prediction was Lakers in 7 (I think anyway) so no.

stretch
06-16-2010, 11:42 AM
fail thread

Killakobe81
06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
LOL at the "we'll force Rondo to take jump-shots". I mean, are Lakers fans like Rosen so obtuse and detached from the real world that they actually believe that they're the only ones who thought about that? That Cleveland and Orlando actually didn't want Rondo to take jump-shots?

This was my favorite one from the now missing Mojo ....

I told yall we would deal with Rondo ...yes he has had some great moments in Games 2 and 5 ...

BUT 4-15 from the FT line?

Numerous bricks and TO's ...and you guys REALLY believed THIS guy was the key to the series?!

If he is ...this series was OVER BEFORE it started ...

He dominates Game 7 I'll give mad props but win or lose I doubt he will be a key

Celts need a '08 peformance from the Big 3 ...to beat the Lakers ...

CavsSuperFan
06-16-2010, 12:00 PM
I am a bit "a scared" of people who save other peoples posts….