PDA

View Full Version : Basketball lost one of their greatest today

milkshakeballa
06-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Today is a SAD day for basketball.

God Bless John R. Wooden. RIP.

He can now go see his Nelli again...the love of his life.

:depressed:depressed:depressed

Killakobe81
06-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Premature ...
He is not gone yet .

AS a Bruin alumni ...I will be sad if he passes ...

Venti Quattro
06-03-2010, 11:59 PM
god bless him sons

bruins forever

baseline bum
06-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Sucks to be close to losing the Bruin legend in Mr. Wooden. He's one of the nicest people, much less stars that I have ever met. He loved his fans too, as I can remember at least a couple of times he came and signed autographs free for tons of students and fans at Ackerman Union.

cobbler
06-04-2010, 12:26 AM
I have had the good fortune to be able to sit down with Mr. Wooden several times at dinners and various basketball events. Classiest and most down to earth man I have ever met. Met him the first time at an awards banquet for my team. We talked at dinner more about lifes travels than basketball. 3 years later we bumped into each other at another event and I said hello. He responed using my name. I was blown away. What an absoluute treasure of a man. God Bless you John.

Killakobe81
06-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Sucks to be close to losing the Bruin legend in Mr. Wooden. He's one of the nicest people, much less stars that I have ever met. He loved his fans too, as I can remember at least a couple of times he came and signed autographs free for tons of students and fans at Ackerman Union.

Great times are you an alumn?

UCLA fight fight fight!

8 clap!!

baseline bum
06-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Great times are you an alumn?

UCLA fight fight fight!

8 clap!!

Yeah. Kori is too.