PDA

View Full Version : Refs affecting C's game.

TE
06-04-2010, 08:20 AM
The way the game was called in game one is an indication of how tightly the officials are intending to officiate this heated rivalry. Game one had it's continuous share of stops due to whistles which, whether you are a Laker fan or Celtic fan, is true and undebatable. The way the game was called favors the Lakers simply because of the Celtics aggressive style defensive. If the game is to be called like this, Lakers win it in 5, perhaps 6 if they take a game off. Don't really like saying that officiating affects the game this mightily, what is you all's take? :wakeup

Muser
06-04-2010, 08:35 AM
k

Quit Hatin'
06-04-2010, 10:00 AM
36-31 freethrows in favor of the celtics faggot. As i said before why is it that even when lakers attack the basket aggresively at their own home court they still get less freethrows than the opponent. yet at the opponent's home court their is wide margin of freethows going the other way. We saw it in all three of the previous series.
So Quit Complainin' and Quit Hatin'

Giuseppe
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Perkins though,,,him was just adorable last everning. Tiptoein' around out there, walkin' on dem eggshells. God bless him, he didn't break nary a one.:lol

Sportcamper
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I thought Gasol, Kobe, Artest & Bynum were affecting the C's game a little bit...:lol

JamStone
06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Kobe, Fisher, Artest, and Odom all got into foul trouble in the first half last night and Phil Jackson limited all of their minutes in that first half. The reffing actually affected the Lakers as much if not more than the Celtics early on in the game. But the Lakers continued to be aggressive. The Celtics were hurt too because Ray Allen never got into a rhythm and he's really their one big legitimate long range threat. Pierce and Sheed can hit three pointers, but the Celtics need Ray Allen's shooting to keep up with the Lakers offense. But, at least for last night, the whistles did not favor either team. It was just a very tight game that was called and it impacted how both teams had to adjust and play.

TheMACHINE
06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
The way the game was called in game one is an indication of how tightly the officials are intending to officiate this heated rivalry. Game one had it's continuous share of stops due to whistles which, whether you are a Laker fan or Celtic fan, is true and undebatable. The way the game was called favors the Lakers simply because of the Celtics aggressive style defensive. If the game is to be called like this, Lakers win it in 5, perhaps 6 if they take a game off. Don't really like saying that officiating affects the game this mightily, what is you all's take? :wakeup

so if the refs were loose with thier whistles, would you come in here and say:

"boy these refs sure favored the Celtics game. The refs need to call it tighter or the Celtics will win in 5, perhaps 6 if they take a game off"

Lakers are home and still got less calls. I can care less if its tight or loose, as long as its evenly called on both sides.

Sportcamper
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Dang...JamStone got game...Nice BB related post...

ChrisRichards
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Difference yesterday?

Gasol outrbounding every Celtics bigs. He outplayed Garnett. Jackson was right, as always. Gasol is the key.

Artest was huge yesterday. I remember a sequence after sitting down for a long time because of foul trouble, he was aggressive as soon as he held court. He made a 3 Pointer and then followed by a steal and a transition finish. Thats 5 points in less than 20 seconds. That was a huge momentum breaker for LA. You can forgive yourself if that was Kobe or Gasol, but one of LA's biggest offensive liability drilling a hole on your team like? Unacceptable. Great defense on Pierce too. That Ariza swap is paying huge dividends now.

Kobe had a very good third quarter. He was the catalyst to extend LA's lead. He forced a lot of shots in the 4th though, which is typical of him. By my count, he was 1-4 in the last 3 minutes. But Ill give him his props. Great game for him overall.

Bynum had a nice solid game. If he contributes just 10 pts and 8 rebs in the series, I think the Lakers can easily wrap this game in 6.

I thought Farmar and Shannon Brown were huge for them, specially SB scoring 6 points off the bench when Kobe was in foul trouble. He was straight up Jordanesque in that 2-3 minute time span even banking a 15 footer with legs wide open in mid air.

Kobe and Gasol demonstrated there is no better 1A-1B punch in the league, they can sustain any type of defensive schemes thrown at them. Ultimately, you can see the Lakers were just the better team last night, they crashed the boards, they spread the ball around in great harmony and they had a great defensive plan from the get go. We'll see if Boston can make the necessary adjustment Sunday night. With the current format, whoever wins Game 2 will win the series IMO.

duhoh
06-04-2010, 11:49 AM
artest was the man. brings a new dimension to tough D to every team. love it.

BOS shot more FTs btw.

LAL just crapped on Game 1 though. simple.

Medvedenko
06-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Difference yesterday?

Gasol outrbounding every Celtics bigs. He outplayed Garnett. Jackson was right, as always. Gasol is the key.

Artest was huge yesterday. I remember a sequence after sitting down for a long time because of foul trouble, he was aggressive as soon as he held court. He made a 3 Pointer and then followed by a steal and a transition finish. Thats 5 points in less than 20 seconds. That was a huge momentum breaker for LA. You can forgive yourself if that was Kobe or Gasol, but one of LA's biggest offensive liability drilling a hole on your team like? Unacceptable. Great defense on Pierce too. That Ariza swap is paying huge dividends now.

Kobe had a very good third quarter. He was the catalyst to extend LA's lead. He forced a lot of shots in the 4th though, which is typical of him. By my count, he was 1-4 in the last 3 minutes. But Ill give him his props. Great game for him overall.

Bynum had a nice solid game. If he contributes just 10 pts and 8 rebs in the series, I think the Lakers can easily wrap this game in 6.

I thought Farmar and Shannon Brown were huge for them, specially SB scoring 6 points off the bench when Kobe was in foul trouble. He was straight up Jordanesque in that 2-3 minute time span even banking a 15 footer with legs wide open in mid air.

Kobe and Gasol demonstrated there is no better 1A-1B punch in the league, they can sustain any type of defensive schemes thrown at them. Ultimately, you can see the Lakers were just the better team last night, they crashed the boards, they spread the ball around in great harmony and they had a great defensive plan from the get go. We'll see if Boston can make the necessary adjustment Sunday night. With the current format, whoever wins Game 2 will win the series IMO.

This

Ghazi
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
its not 1A and 1B

Its 1 and 2 (Kobe and Pau)

lol ChrisRichards being lame even while trying to be complimentary

TampaDude
06-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Whoever wins Game 2 wins the :lobt2:

Book it.

jonnybravo
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Yet another poster that feels it's only fair if the Lakers get outshot from the line 2 to 1.

Explain to me game 2 in 2008, when Leon Powe outshot the entire Lakers team and it was almost a 4 to 1 free throw advantage.

FOUR TO FUCKING ONE!

Not one peep.

So what you're saying is the Celtics earned every one of there 37 free throws at the line but the Lakers go to the line and the Celtics weren't allowed to be physical. Given the way the game was called, you're basically suggesting that only one team is allowed to be physical. Brilliant.

You monkeys are something else.

jonnybravo
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
artest was the man. brings a new dimension to tough D to every team. love it.

BOS shot more FTs btw.

LAL just crapped on Game 1 though. simple.

Only one team is allowed to be physical boss. Get that straight.

Ashy Larry
06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Lakers just punched the C's in the mouth. I think the tone was set by Artest with that Pierce incident. If that had been Vlad Rad or Walton, they probably would have coward and tucked their tail.

In three quarters, Pierce had 11 points. Very key.

duhoh
06-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Only one team is allowed to be physical boss. Get that straight.

Herp derp derp

j.dizzle
06-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Lakers just punched the C's in the mouth. I think the tone was set by Artest with that Pierce incident. If that had been Vlad Rad or Walton, they probably would have coward and tucked their tail.

In three quarters, Pierce had 11 points. Very key.
LOL that fuckin move in the first 30 seconds was just another prime example why LA signed this dude. Gotta love his passion, its nice to see Ron Ron fire up his teammates on the defensive end.