PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Considering Retirement After SF Contract

dbreiden83080
06-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Just a rumor right now that M-1 is denying but interesting to see what he is up to....

"Big news regarding the world's best heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, as it was announced that he will soon be entering the world of politics. Word first came from Middle Easy, and was shortly confirmed by this press release:

The regional political council of the party "United Russia" approved the list of candidates for internal party elections - the primaries. In the list of 58 candidates. No less than 10 000 United Russia vote will determine the best, and who will receive the first place in the party list in the upcoming October elections in the Belgorod Regional Duma.

The list of early voting have 24 newcomers who have never participated in elections to the legislature. One of the achievements was the inclusion in the list not only members of United Russia, but also simply to party supporters and even non-party candidates. This is for example the managing director Combine KMA Ruda Vladimir Tom and CEO JBK-1 Yuri Selivanov. They are not only members of the party, but also by working in obldume fourth convocation, not included in the United Russia Duma faction.

Among the most notable candidates, in addition to the deputies (Anatolia Zelikow, Victor Filatov, Vadim Cage, Valeria Skruga, Ivan Kulabuhova, Vladimir Kulikovsky) - a famous athlete Fedor Emelianenko, the new director of Belarusian State Technological University Sergey Glagolev (by the way, non-partisan), director of the Institute of Public and municipal government BSU Alexander Mamatov.

Here's the potentially bad news for those hoping to see Fedor sign with the UFC -- Rumor is that he could call it quits at the end of his Strikeforce contract:

Fedor will be running for a congress seat in Russia for the pro-Kremlin party 'United Russia'. The party is dominant in the country and holds around 80% of the seats in the senate and Fedor will be representing his region. That's a fact... Now the accompanied rumor is that after Fedor fulfills the last two fights in his Strikeforce contract, he will retire from MMA.

'The Last Emperor' will be facing Fabricio Werdum this month, and possibly have a huge fight against Alistair Overeem next. Could this be the last two times we see what most people consider to be the greatest MMA fighter in history?"

M-1 Response..

"He may run (for political office), that is true," said Evgeni Kogan, M-1's director of global operations in a statement made to USA Today. "But there is no truth to the retirement rumors."

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/Affliction2/article_5632.shtml

Stringer_Bell
06-04-2010, 03:48 PM
If Manny, CroCop, and Chael can hold elected office and fight...so can Fedor. He either needs to go to the UFC or retire because he's just hurting his legacy by not fighting the best competition out there. Brock/Carwin/Cain/Dos Santos could all be great opponents for Fedor.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Fedor doesn't seem to care about fighting any of those guys and if he is bored with the SF crop after Overeem who knows he may just call it a career to focus on other thiings..

The TroutBum
06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
If Manny, CroCop, and Chael can hold elected office and fight...so can Fedor. He either needs to go to the UFC or retire because he's just hurting his legacy by not fighting the best competition out there. Brock/Carwin/Cain/Dos Santos could all be great opponents for Fedor.

I'm a Fedor homer, so take this with a grain of salt -- Brock is the only person on that list that would give him a decent fight, and I think Fedor would still knock the shit out of him. Better striker, better wrestler, better BJJ.

I'll be bummed if he retires, but on the flip side, at least he'll go out on top -- which is what most champions don't do.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2010, 10:11 PM
That year layoff is gonna hurt Brock. I actually think Shane is in good shape to beat Brock, thanks to that layoff. Brock may need time to get himself back together..

The TroutBum
06-04-2010, 10:18 PM
That year layoff is gonna hurt Brock. I actually think Shane is in good shape to beat Brock, thanks to that layoff. Brock may need time to get himself back together..

I can dig that -- but do you really think Carwin would last 30 seconds with Fedor? I could see a take down in the first 5 seconds followed by 5 seconds of an armbar or kimora of some kind. Tap.

Shane is a banger and has a great chin, but...

dbreiden83080
06-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Fedor could submit Shane, he has so much experience. Shane has never been out of round 1. I really think Overeem has a great chance to beat Fedor after the way he bitch-slapped Rogers

who gave Fedor trouble..

Either way not seeing Fedor fight these UFC big names is just pathetic. He has let his MGT ruin the 2nd half of his career..

polandprzem
06-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Fedor could submit Shane, he has so much experience. Shane has never been out of round 1. I really think Overeem has a great chance to beat Fedor after the way he bitch-slapped Rogers

who gave Fedor trouble..

Either way not seeing Fedor fight these UFC big names is just pathetic. He has let his MGT ruin the 2nd half of his career..

Frankly - the first half of his career was easy to manage.

Fedor is not better wrestler then Brock or Carwin. he would only win by better fight plan or finding the weakest point and exploring it.

And I knew it!
Gotdamn Fedor ending his career like that. I was telling you he does not care.

CubanSucks
06-05-2010, 03:04 PM
winner of Fedor/A. Silva = greatest fighter in the world

Fuck those other heavyweights. And yes I know I'm dreaming to think about this fight

MannyIsGod
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Going out on top? Yeah if you mean the top is just not fighting the best fighters in the world in your class. No way if he retires now that you can consider that going out on top.

The TroutBum
06-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Going out on top? Yeah if you mean the top is just not fighting the best fighters in the world in your class. No way if he retires now that you can consider that going out on top.

Meh, we'll just have to agree to disagree then. To me, it's a shame to see guys like Chuck and Coleman go down the way they did/are. There is a time to hang it up, and they, along with many others, don't get it and keep going/losing. If Fedor wins his last fights and retires, he'll retire as the best ever. The only thing people will be able to do is question it with, "What If's", whereas people like Chuck take away all doubt.

Get what I'm saying?

MannyIsGod
06-06-2010, 11:16 AM
I think he'll retire better than the people you mentioned but I don't think you're going out on top when you're not fighting the best out there. There are people who would arguably beat him right now and he's not facing them.

To me going out on top means clearly being the best in the world because you beat anyone who would have something to say about that and you can't honestly say that is something he's doing right now.

I do agree its a shame when a fighter sticks around too long.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2010, 01:04 PM
The Fedor debate is just a dead one anymore. He is never coming to the UFC because he just doesn't want too or his MGT refuses to let it happen because they have to co-promote. Unless Fedor needs the money badly he is not coming.. Fedor may fight a few more times in SF and then call it a career. That is a real possibility IMO. Even though M-1 is right now denying it.