PDA

View Full Version : Helen Thomas tells jews to get the hell out of Palestine and go back to Pol and Ger

spursncowboys
06-04-2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/helen-thomas-tells-jews-get-the-hell-out-of-palestine-and-go-back-to-germany-poland

Nbadan
06-04-2010, 10:47 PM
...she's talking about Jewish immigrants idiot...but Breitbart has already proven to be a SOB who uses convicted felons to deceive the public...

spursncowboys
06-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Idiot....
were they convicted of felonies when breitbart used them?

Nbadan
06-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Breitbart should have checked his sources. but he knew the tapes were edited...he is a fraudster....

Nbadan
06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I think Israel deserves the be able to protect its sovereignty, but there's never gonna be peace in Palestine until the Jews quit building illegal settlements in occupied territory...that's Helen Thomas's point too...

DarrinS
06-05-2010, 07:58 AM
I think Israel deserves the be able to protect its sovereignty, but there's never gonna be peace in Palestine until the Jews quit building illegal settlements in occupied territory...that's Helen Thomas's point too...

What did the Jews get for leaving Gaza back in 2005?

exstatic
06-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Apparently, the endless need for a blockade...

BTW, Gaza <> West Bank. They're controlled by two different entities: Hamas for Gaza, and Fatah for the WB.

spursncowboys
06-05-2010, 11:48 AM

7000 rockets in a yr

spursncowboys
06-05-2010, 09:51 PM
her apology

"I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heartfelt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon," she wrote.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/06/05/2010-06-05_white_house_press_icon_takes_heat_after_slam_of _jews.html#ixzz0q2OIS8wT

ChumpDumper
06-05-2010, 09:57 PM
That's a quality apology.

spursncowboys
06-05-2010, 10:39 PM
It was a little better than a Dwight Schrute apology.

DarrinS
06-06-2010, 08:18 AM
After thinking about this, Helen Thomas should be fired.

Her comment is about a million times worse than anything Don Imus ever said.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2010, 12:50 PM
A million?

Really?

spursncowboys
06-06-2010, 01:20 PM

Who would be the moderate voice in the press corps if she leaves?

sook
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM

because jews are more important than blacks?

DMX7
06-06-2010, 11:04 PM

:rolleyes

George Gervin's Afro
06-07-2010, 08:04 AM
IS there anything the resident dead enders won't complain about?

DarrinS
06-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Damage

Top U.S. journalist loses agent, friends after saying 'Jews should get the hell out of Palestine'

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/top-u-s-journalist-loses-agent-friends-after-saying-jews-should-get-the-hell-out-of-palestine-1.294556?localLinksEnabled=false

Senior White House Press Corps member Helen Thomas may have apologized for her recent on-camera remarks calling on Jews to "get the hell out of Palestine" and go home to Europe, but her reputation seems beyond repair amid the abounding calls for her resignation.

In the wake of the incident, Thomas' agent Nine Speaker Inc. announced that it would no longer represent her.

"It is with a heavy heart that Nine Speakers Inc. announces its resignation as the agent for Helen Thomas, Dean of the White House Press Corps," wrote Diane Nine, agency president.

“Ms. Thomas has had an esteemed career as a journalist, and she has been a trailblazer for women, helping others in her profession, and beyond. However, in light of recent events, Nine Speakers is no longer able to represent Ms. Thomas, nor can we condone her comments on the Middle East," wrote Nine.

Lanny Davis, who served as former president Bill Clinton's White House counsel, said that Thomas should be stripped of her honors for having crossed the line of freedom of speech.

“Helen Thomas, who I used to consider a close friend and who I used to respect, has showed herself to be an anti-Semitic bigot,” wrote Davis in a statement.. “She has a right to criticize Israel…. However, her statement that Jews in Israel should leave Israel and go back to Poland or Germany is an ancient and well-known anti-Semitic stereotype of the alien Jew not belonging in the land of Israel that began 2,600 years with the first tragic and violent Diaspora caused bythe Romans."

"If she had asked all blacks to go back to Africa, what would the White House Correspondents Association's position be as to whether she deserved WhiteHouse press room credentials - much less a privileged honorary seat?” wrote Davis, referring to Thomas' seat in the middle of the front row at the White House briefing room.

“Does anyone doubt that my friends Ann Compton and Joe Lockhart, whobelieve in the First Amendment right of free expression as much as I do,would not be as tolerant and protective of Helen's privileges and honorsif she had been asking Blacks to return to Africa? Or Native Americans to Asia and South America, from which they came 8,000 or more years ago? I doubt it”, concluded Davis.

Former White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer said that Thomas should be fired or at the very least have her White House press credentials revoked.

Fleischer, who served under President George W. Bush's secretary, issued a statement on Sunday saying Thomas, who he used to consider a close friend, "has showed herself to be an anti-Semitic bigot."

DarrinS
06-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Gibbs: Helen Thomas remarks 'offensive and reprehensible'

With Helen Thomas's seat conspicuously empty at the Monday briefing, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs assailed the veteran reporter for her remark that Jews should return to Germany and Eastern Europe.

"Those remarks were offensive and reprehensible," Gibbs said, noting that Thomas has apologized. Her sentiments "do not reflect certainly most of the people here and certainly not those of the administration."

Thomas, 89, who has covered the White House for decades, canceled a speech over the weekend and was dropped by a speakers' bureau that represented her after her comment that Israelis should "get the hell out of Palestine." The controversy comes at a precarious moment in the Middle East following an Israeli assault on an aid flotilla that left 11 dead and prompted an international outcry.

Winehole23
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
http://www.hearst.com/press-room/pr-20100607a.php

George Gervin's Afro
06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
She resigned. Bummer for the dead enders... I'm sure they will find something else to bitch about.

Spurminator
06-07-2010, 12:37 PM
...she's talking about Jewish immigrants idiot...

Then she should have told them to go back to Israel.

Spurminator
06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Thomas should have retired a long time ago. She has had a decorated career covering the White House, but it's been a very long time since her participation (via her supposed entitlement to ask at least one question) in WH Press Conferences has been less than cringe-inducing.

DarrinS
06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
She resigned. Bummer for the dead enders... I'm sure they will find something else to bitch about.

And the upside-downers can continue to think like Helen Thomas.

clambake
06-07-2010, 03:47 PM
And the upside-downers can continue to think like Helen Thomas.

mister fister made a funny!

Jacob1983
06-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Shouldn't Thomas be in a nursing home?

Höfner
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
More like hospice.

jack sommerset
06-07-2010, 05:58 PM
With all the Jew hating, I am surprised Mel Gibson got all the hell he did for saying something when he was drunk about them.

Nbadan
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Like when America re-elected Bush, the populace needs to be held responsible for choosing incompetent leaders like Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a Neocon extremists....

Wild Cobra
06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
With all the Jew hating, I am surprised Mel Gibson got all the hell he did for saying something when he was drunk about them.
No kidding. He was tame compared to the board liberals.

EmptyMan
06-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Props to her, although I hope to retire before the age of 112.