PDA

View Full Version : A Question For Rocket Fans

The Franchise
06-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Should we use our full mle to target McGrady? I know the hate that a lot of people have for him (myself included), but by training camp he will have fully recovered from his microfracture surgery, and is better than anything we have at the sf position. The added beauty is he would be coming back as a third or fourth option. Take a look at this lineup.

Yao/Alabi :)
Scola/Hill
McGrady/Ariza/Battier
Martin/Budinger
Brooks/Lowry

That addition alone would make our starting five a matchup nightmare for any top team in the league, and add depth to our already talented bench. We all know he will be looking at an Iversonesque paycut, so why not take a low risk high reward chance?

Kobe Molested Me
06-05-2010, 01:14 AM
:lol

You really think that all the shit Rockets front office put him through that he would want to come back?

The Franchise
06-05-2010, 01:29 AM

You really think that all the shit Rockets front office put him through that he would want to come back?

In hindsight they were doing what was best for him (and the team). He looked like shit in NY because he hadn't fully recovered. Had he been allowed to play for 25-30 minutes in Houston looking like that, we would have won all of thirty games. I have to admit I was one of the people who thought he should have been given more playing time and I was horribly wrong. After the huge dump he took in NY, he may be interpreting things a little differently as well. Besides he had his Diva moments over the years, so he can't do to much crying.

sefant77
06-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Should we use our full mle to target McGrady? I know the hate that a lot of people have for him (myself included), but by training camp he will have fully recovered from his microfracture surgery, and is better than anything we have at the sf position. The added beauty is he would be coming back as a third or fourth option. Take a look at this lineup.

Yao/Alabi :)
Scola/Hill
McGrady/Ariza/Battier
Martin/Budinger
Brooks/Lowry

That addition alone would make our starting five a matchup nightmare for any top team in the league, and add depth to our already talented bench. We all know he will be looking at an Iversonesque paycut, so why not take a low risk high reward chance?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2084/2432701177_0ee455815b_o.jpg

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/12/07/21/2S8MARTIN.embedded.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

http://sportschump.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tracy-mcgrady-injured-bench2.jpg

/close

sefant77
06-05-2010, 01:34 AM
btw McGrady is done AND after he fucked Adelman/Morey with his "im back healthy" and them fucking him with playing time he wont sign there for 10mio anyway.

McGrady can be happy if he stays in the league. He should retire.

The Franchise
06-05-2010, 01:35 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2084/2432701177_0ee455815b_o.jpg

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/12/07/21/2S8MARTIN.embedded.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

http://sportschump.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tracy-mcgrady-injured-bench2.jpg

/close

You do know we'll be taking your teams place in the southwest division standings next year dont you? I would be nicer to me. :lol

sefant77
06-05-2010, 01:40 AM
You do know how many games Yao played the last 5 years and that he is 30 years old and that just a blind fool would keep on talking next year will be everything better and different because of that surgery? Well, Rockets do that since 2005...

And you know that Kevin Martin is a skinny dude with driving, slashing and hitting the floor as his bread and butter game? And how many games he missed the last 3 years? And that it will just get worse or he will become a way less efficient jumpshooter?

duhoh
06-05-2010, 01:41 AM
probably easier to swallow for the fanbase if it's the veteran's minimum.

he did say though, that if his knee doesn't "respond", this coming season, he will retire.

probably the greatest would've, could've, should've of this generation.

The Franchise
06-05-2010, 01:50 AM
btw McGrady is done AND after he fucked Adelman/Morey with his "im back healthy" and them fucking him with playing time he wont sign there for 10mio anyway.

McGrady can be happy if he stays in the league. He should retire.

All kidding aside, he doesn't have to be the player he once was. As I said before he will be coming back as a complimentary player not a first option. To have a pg,sg, and sf that can create there own offense is a rarity, and that is what we would be talking about by giving Mcgrady another chance. Besides, does anyone see his door being beaten down by teams for his services this summer? If, he can come into camp in shape and ready to play, I would give him a 2 year contract near the mle with the second year a team option. That way either he comes to play or he doesn't have to worry about staying very long.

sefant77
06-05-2010, 01:57 AM
lol all the years and you still dont know your ex-player?

Houston is the last place on earth McGrady would sign a contract. He would prefer to retire.

Kai
06-05-2010, 03:16 AM
McGrady is done. Even if he weren't, he would probably rather play basketball in Antarctica than for the Rockets. I don't think we'll use too much of the MLE anyways, unless it's definitely worth it. We will be sitting very nicely under the cap next summer if we don't splurge during this one. Of course with Morey, you never know.

djohn2oo8
06-05-2010, 07:38 AM

Really? I mean, just REALLY? The only thing McGrady did for us was stop the trade that would have involved Wince Carter.

Muser
06-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Wow, you actually want him back? :lmao

djohn2oo8
06-05-2010, 07:41 AM

Believe it or not, there are still McGrady nuthuggers out here

Double-Up
06-05-2010, 08:15 AM
http://theskippyreview.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/facepalm1.jpg

Giuseppe
06-05-2010, 10:27 AM
^:lol

The Franchise
06-05-2010, 11:45 AM

As a 3rd or 4th option for about 5 million? Yes. Even at 75% of his former self he would be a steal.

The Franchise
06-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Believe it or not, there are still McGrady nuthuggers out here

Is it nuthugging to think that he could improve our team? Is it nuthugging to think that a full recovered McGrady would be a much better sf option than Ariza or Battier? I don't have to like him to see that under the right circumstances he could really make us a lot better. Damn is there nothing but hate for the diva? Where's the objectivity on this board? :lol

sook
06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
oh comeon

djohn2oo8
06-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Is it nuthugging to think that he could improve our team? Is it nuthugging to think that a full recovered McGrady would be a much better sf option than Ariza or Battier? I don't have to like him to see that under the right circumstances he could really make us a lot better. Damn is there nothing but hate for the diva? Where's the objectivity on this board? :lol

He has lost his explosiveness. And once you do that, you don't get it back. McGrady relies so much on it, see, unlike once Kobe lost some of his explosiveness, it didn't really matter b/c Kobe pump fakes alot, and is a jump shooter, so he is still elite. McGrady is done! And BTW, the way he treated the organization, he doesn't deserve to be back

Indazone
06-05-2010, 04:47 PM
oh lawd..go post this on clutchfans. The flogging you get here will be nothing compared to what you get over there. :lol