PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to sign T.O

jack sommerset
06-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Unsigned T.O. blames image as 'cancer'

As a free agent receiver, Terrell Owens is wide open.

And as a 14-year NFL veteran, he doesn't think he resembles anything close to a Hail Mary.

In an interview with the NFL Network, Owens said the perception of him as a possible problem in the locker room has played a role in his failure to land with a team this offseason.

If character was such an issue, I don't think Cincinnati would have brought me in.

"I've heard a lot of the reasons why I'm not on a team right now," Owens told the NFL Network on Friday. "It's because people feel I've disrupted some teams, I'm a cancer -- I've heard all those things. They've said that for the last five, six years. The teams I've been on, if you ask in that locker room how I've been as a teammate and as a person, it's contradictory to what's been displayed out there."

Owens said a trip he made to the Cincinnati Bengals in March helped illustrate his value as a receiver.

"If character was such an issue, I don't think Cincinnati would have brought me in," he said.

Though Donovan McNabb has played down the notion, Owens reiterated he and the quarterback have discussed a reunion.

"He already knew his situation prior to being traded, so we talked about the idea of actually playing together," Owens said of McNabb, the former Eagles quarterback who was acquired by the Washington Redskins in April. "That was something I welcome with open arms, and he as well. If that was a situation to come about and that would happen, we know what we could do on the football field together."

The Ravens have also been reported as a possible suitor for Owens. But like the Bengals, Baltimore committed to another receiver. The Ravens traded for Anquan Boldin and signed Donte' Stallworth; the Bengals signed Antonio Bryant.

"There are some teams out there that have created some interest," Owens said. "And a few of those teams asked to be anonymous -- I know Seattle has come out and said they were interested -- so other than that, we're just waiting for the right opportunity."

Owens still views himself as a premier player, but some teams have a different feeling.

"You know, last year, we jumped on board with Buffalo, and that was a team that was interested in myself, and I just felt like I always wanted to be where I was wanted, and Buffalo jumped at the gun at that, so I spent my year in Buffalo."

At some point this summer, some team is going to lose a receiver to injury. When it does, Owens could be a prime candidate to come in as a replacement.

"I know there's a process where teams have drafted players, they're looking at free agents," Owens said. "They have to go through minicamps, the OTAs and eventually into training camp, and there are some things that may transpire. There are 32 teams out there, so you never know what could happen. So I'm looking forward to the opportunity of wherever I may play."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2010, 02:13 PM
At this point the Bengals are a more classy organization than the Steelers. They have a QB who rapes people.

JoeTait75
06-05-2010, 02:33 PM
At this point the Bengals are a more classy organization than the Steelers. They have a QB who rapes people.

The Steelers have been a classless, dirty organization for decades. It's just they're one of the league darlings so they've never been called on it- until now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2010, 02:35 PM
The Steelers have been a classless, dirty organization for decades. It's just they're one of the league darlings so they've never been called on it- until now.

+1 The league trots Pittsburgh out there like they're the model organization (evident by rigging two superbowls) when they have just as many idiots and criminals on their team as anyone else. Can't wait for butthurt Steelerfan to come in here and talk about how classy Pittsburgh is.

gaKNOW!blee
06-05-2010, 02:49 PM
TO can still play...he had some of the worst quarterbacks in the league throwing to him last year and still had a good year averaging 18 yards a catch. I don't see why he can't be a #2 for a contender.

PGDynasty24
06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
He's still better than 80% of receivers in this league

slick'81
06-05-2010, 05:29 PM
its not like he wont be on a roster next season just who

florige
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
+1 The league trots Pittsburgh out there like they're the model organization (evident by rigging two superbowls) when they have just as many idiots and criminals on their team as anyone else. Can't wait for butthurt Steelerfan to come in here and talk about how classy Pittsburgh is.

And Steelers fan are quick to throw out the Ray Lewis murder thing. Now we have some ammo to throw back at them with that serial rapist they have there.

jack sommerset
06-07-2010, 06:13 PM
its not like he wont be on a roster next season just who

At this point I would not be surprised either way. I don't think teams want to deal with the media when it comes to TO, not TO himself. Freaken McNabb wanting him and the Skins could use him but the coach killed that real fast.

DesignatedT
06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
TO is a joke.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
TO>ROY WILLIAMS enough said

Chucho
06-08-2010, 01:43 AM
He could be a good fit for Seattle, Denver, Oakland, Jacksonville and even Tampa Bay. He'd either have a better quarterback than he had in Buffalo and/or the opportunity to compete for the no.1 spot.

symple19
06-08-2010, 05:08 AM
Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-10-2010, 10:48 AM
TO>ROY WILLIAMS enough said

So he's not completely horrible? That's all TO knobslobbers have to hang their hat on now? He's just "not horrible"?

LakerHater
07-10-2010, 08:42 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TBhWheiJhpI/AAAAAAAAETM/-0eG12oyEKw/s1600/15.jpg

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 10:13 PM
+1000000 Steroid Kings of the NFL 70s tbh. And tons of teams were taking a lot of Steroids in the 1970s so that really says something about the amount they were consuming.