PDA

View Full Version : Geek question.......

Cyrano
06-05-2010, 08:19 PM
So I went to see Iron Man 2 this week, and something bothered me.....

The Iron Man suit is powered by the arc reactor in Tony Stark's chest.
Rhodey gets pissed off at Tony and sneaks into his lab and steals another Iron Man suit, has a big fight with Tony, and flies off to an AF research lab. WHAT THE HELL IS POWERING THE SECOND SUIT? I know they show Rhodey removing an arc reactor from the suit, but where did it come from?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-05-2010, 08:40 PM
:lol
you're going to piss off a lot of people.

Cyrano
06-05-2010, 09:02 PM
no, it wasn't the war machine suit, I believe it was the mark II suit. The war machine crap was all added by Hammer. The suit was sitting in the row of suits in Stark's lab, presumably for Tony's use, therefore without independent power. Remember, Tony didn't create the new element until AFTER the other suit was stolen, therefore he had TWO reactors...the old one in his chest, and the new one with the triangular element.

Cyrano
06-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, no, he didn't use the suit at all in the first movie, but obviously knew quite a bit about it, since he had his own passcode for Stark's lab. So far as his being able to ccontrol the suit, remember in the first movie Tony was able to perform all kinds of aerobatics the FIRST time he ever took off in it, and Rhodey, after all, is a highly trained pilot.

Cyrano
06-05-2010, 09:17 PM
If I were Rhodey, I would hesitate before wearing one of Tony's old suits, since he admits that he pees in them regularly.

Sense
06-05-2010, 10:21 PM
tbh the ending of that movie blew.

it was like a 2 minute fight and they did kamehameha Dragonball-Z style and movie over.

yeap... the best part of the movie was the fight in the race.... the last fight was kind of lame...

CuckingFunt
06-06-2010, 05:33 PM
The Mark II suit had been altered to include its own arc reactor. Rhodes takes it out when they're inspecting the suit at the base just before Justin Hammer shows up to add weapons.

Also, during the meeting with Fury at the donut shop, Scarlett Johansson mentions that Stark's security was designed to prevent unauthorized use of any of the suits, which would suggest that perhaps Rhodey had already spent some time in the suit during the six months between movies.

Cyrano
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I disagreed that the suits had arc ractors installed, until I saw this frame from the movie....

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/05/01/iron-man-2-stark.jpg

All four suits evidently have reactors installed.

koriwhat
06-08-2010, 04:19 PM
snoozefest!

06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
The Mark II suit had been altered to include its own arc reactor. Rhodes takes it out when they're inspecting the suit at the base just before Justin Hammer shows up to add weapons.

Also, during the meeting with Fury at the donut shop, Scarlett Johansson mentions that Stark's security was designed to prevent unauthorized use of any of the suits, which would suggest that perhaps Rhodey had already spent some time in the suit during the six months between movies.

Wow

That's real live honest to God full on geekery right there.

Throw on a Leia slave bikini while delivering that dissertation and a bunch of basement dwelling Cheeto stained fanboys are going to absolutely slaughter the kitten population.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
everyone and their momma knows the war machine suit has a separate power source. And Stark gave rhodey the suit cause he thought he was dying so he was just giving shit away, he gave the suit to the only person he knew he could trust with it.