PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Claims LeBron Leaning Strongly Toward Bulls

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 10:33 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67031/20100605/wesley_claims_lebron_leaning_strongly_toward_bulls/

Wesley Claims LeBron Leaning Strongly Toward Bulls

According to Yahoo! Sports, William Wesley "has been telling everyone that he believes LeBron James is leaning hard toward signing with the Chicago Bulls."

Wesley is a member of James' inner circle.

Adrian Wojnarowski reports that GM Gar Forman may not have been sold on Tom Thibodeau as the team's new head coach but owner Jerry Reinsdorf made the final hiring decision. Thibodeau is represented by Wesley's agency.

An executive whose team has significant salary cap space told Wojnarowski that he believes the major deals will be agreed to before the top free-agents-to-be ever officially become free agents.

"I think all the big free-agent deals will be done by July 1, if not the draft. The NBA would have a cow if [it] knew what's going on now," the executive said.

Pat Riley is planning to pitch James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade on taking less than maximum-salary contracts to play together in Miami. Riley is also intrigued by the possibility of bringing in Ray Allen.

Meanwhile, it was reportedly made clear by James' inner circle that he wanted both Mike Brown and Danny Ferry to be removed from their positions with the Cavaliers.

"LeBron never had to come out and say that he wanted Brown and Ferry gone," said a team executive familiar with the dynamic in Cleveland's front office. "But the anti-Brown and anti-Ferry sentiment from LeBron's crowd was loud and clear to Dan Gilbert. He knew where LeBron stood."

Wojnarowski writes that Gilbert is willing to do whatever James asks to keep the superstar in Cleveland, which contributed to Ferry's unhappiness in his position.

"Danny's been miserable for the past two years," a friend of Ferry told Yahoo! Sports. "Even if they kept LeBron, do you still lose for winning there anyway?"

Wojnarowski reports that Gilbert is determined to hire Tom Izzo, but would hire John Calipari upon James' request.

Via Yahoo! Sports

Venti Quattro
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Why does LeBron prefer Chicago though? He knows he'd be forever under the shadow of Michael Jordan.

duncan228
06-05-2010, 10:37 PM
...Adrian Wojnarowski reports...

Wojnarowski's piece is here.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155820

Sisk
06-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Why does LeBron prefer Chicago though? He knows he'd be forever under the shadow of Michael Jordan.

This is so stupid.

But anyways, all this begging is making me really annoyed with LBJ. I know he can't sign with anyone yet but quit being so damn narcissistic already...

Here's to wishful thinking...

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 10:39 PM

I think thats overrated though, look at Kobe Bryant, he's been in the shadow of all the Laker greats including Jerry West, Magic Johnson etc and Kobe established a name for himself.

Jordan was Lebron's favorite player and was practically his idol growing up, so it makes sense that he would want to play in his arena.

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Wojnarowski's piece is here.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155820

woops

DPG21920
06-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I want Lebron to stay in CLE, but it would be cool if he played with the Bulls IMO. I don't really like the fit (although they will have a very, very good team), but they have the tools to be an elite defensive team if they don't have to do a sign & trade. They will still need some shooters though.

The reason I don't like the fit is because that Bulls team does not have enough shooters.

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I want Lebron to stay in CLE, but it would be cool if he played with the Bulls IMO. I don't really like the fit (although they will have a very, very good team), but they have the tools to be an elite defensive team if they don't have to do a sign & trade. They will still need some shooters though.

The reason I don't like the fit is because that Bulls team does not have enough shooters.

Is it because Rose is a shoot first guard? Bulls have the worst offense in the NBA they are desperate in need of another scorer and with a caliber of Lebron James, I don't think they would have to worry about scoring.

You double team Lebron james and Rose will drive in the lane at ease and vice versa. It would be the perfect fit.

Venti Quattro
06-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Is it because Rose is a shoot first guard? Bulls have the worst offense in the NBA they are desperate in need of another scorer and with a caliber of Lebron James, I don't think they would have to worry about scoring.

You double team Lebron james and Rose will drive in the lane at ease and vice versa. It would be the perfect fit.

Another shooter would help both Rose and LeBron. Three point shooting is not a strong suit of both.

DPG21920
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I disagree. Lebron needs the ball in his hands. Rose needs the ball in his hands. There is only one ball. You can double Lebron because the Bulls lack shooting imo. Yes, they are both explosive and can get into the lane. They will be a handful. But that team is not what you would call "well balanced" offensively.

If you go small ball (which probably could be a very useful line up for the Bulls) you would have Rose/Kirk/Deng/Lebron/Noah. None of them are great shooters.

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I disagree. Lebron needs the ball in his hands. Rose needs the ball in his hands. There is only one ball. You can double Lebron because the Bulls lack shooting imo. Yes, they are both explosive and can get into the lane. They will be a handful. But that team is not what you would call "well balanced" offensively.

If you go small ball (which probably could be a very useful line up for the Bulls) you would have Rose/Kirk/Deng/Lebron/Noah. None of them are great shooters.

Are you referring to 3 point shooters? Deng and Kirk are decent if not great jumpshooters from just outside the freethrow line.

DPG21920
06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Are you referring to 3 point shooters? Deng and Kirk are decent if not great jumpshooters from just outside the freethrow line.

I would not say either are great jump shooters at all. Yes, I am referring to 3 point shooting.

I mean, some teams can get by without great 3 point shooting and still be a contender (Lakers), but they have to have a lot of other advantages.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying Lebron to the Bulls would be a bad thing, I am saying I don't think it is the best fit for various reasons. That being said, they would still have a very good team.

Blackjack
06-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, it'd make his transistion to No. 6 pretty smooth; I can't wait 'til this is done with. So much talent and a physical specimen the likes I've never seen, but he would have been much better served playing in a different time where players were allowed to grow and mature before being thrusted in the spotlight.

It's happened with most of the high school-to-pro kids and only the true cream of the crop (i.e. Kobe, Garnett, etc.) manage to weather the immaturity and the lack of an early humbling to fulfill their potential. But, even then, we probably would have seen a more complete and well-rounded player and person earlier on, had AAU basketball not ruled the world and college basketball been seen as a place of development and not a professional impediment.

siraulo23
06-05-2010, 10:57 PM
The Bulls does not have post presence

But Lebron + Rose would be sick

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 10:59 PM

Agreed, if the Bulls can somehow pull of a sign and trade with the Raptors that involves Luol Deng and perhaps other pieces, then we'd have a true contender.

DPG21920
06-05-2010, 11:03 PM
It would be a great combination of talent, but it will not maximize the potential of either. Still, that is a problem I would love to have.

Giuseppe
06-05-2010, 11:05 PM

:rolleyesA couple break dancers impatiently waiting their turn.

baseline bum
06-05-2010, 11:06 PM

Because Mo Williams wouldn't be his second best teammate. Rose and Noah are each way better than any of the trash he plays with in Cleveland. He'll never live up to Jordan, but he could easily retire ringless playing with all the dime a dozen talent on the Cavs. They'd still have about $7.5 million in capspace after; I don't think they could convince Ray Allen to come over for that, but that should still be enough to pull a decent supporting player with range.

Spursfan092120
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM

Noah is a hard worker...he can be great at times. They'd probably need another presence, but with Lebron and Rose on the same team, things could get interesting in the East.

BillWalton
06-05-2010, 11:11 PM
this is so stupid.

But anyways, all this begging is making me really annoyed with lbj. I know he can't sign with anyone yet but quit being so damn narcissistic already...

Here's to wishful thinking...

throw it down big man, throw it down!!

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 11:11 PM
It would be a great combination of talent, but it will not maximize the potential of either. Still, that is a problem I would love to have.

BTW didn't the Melo AI experiment work out in Denver? They're both scorers and both were able to put up their numbers.

duhoh
06-05-2010, 11:17 PM
honestly, Joe Johnson makes the most sense in CHI.

DPG21920
06-05-2010, 11:19 PM
It will be nearly impossible to move Deng for the Bulls. I think they are stuck with him. Same thing with Kirk.

DPG21920
06-05-2010, 11:20 PM
BTW didn't the Melo AI experiment work out in Denver? They're both scorers and both were able to put up their numbers.

Define "work out"? They never competed for a title.

BullsDynasty
06-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Define "work out"? They never competed for a title.

In terms of them still being able to get their numbers.

DPG21920
Well, obviously if they could work a sign and trade for JJ while landing Lebron that would be as perfect of an off season as one could hope for. I just don't see CHI having anything ATL would want for JJ.

Blackjack
I don't like the fit, actually, with Rose. LeBron would be better served running a team with a Triangle-like dynamic, where he could be more of a decision maker and his supporting cast consisting of more capable players off the ball and on the catch-and-shoot, then with another ball-dominant player that lacks a consistent shot, much less a three-point shot.

I think he'd be fine with active bigs like Noah and Gibson but I think they have to make some moves to really find the right mix; Chicago might be the best place to go when you consider talent, market and fan support, but it's defiitely got it's issues as a fit on the court.

DPG21920
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
In terms of them still being able to get their numbers.

I think Rose and Lebron will get their numbers, but that was never my point. I also think Rose will take a little hit numbers wise and he seems like he would defer to Lebron.

Rose is a very good player, but I don't see him as someone who can be very assertive with a guy like Lebron on his team. He will still be great, but just muted a bit imo.

monosylab1k
06-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Okay, I've looked up pretty much everything I can on World Wide Wes over the past month or so, read any article I could find, and honestly I still have no clue how he's so big in the sports world. He doesn't appear to have any real credentials, education, or athletic history. I'm pretty much convinced he sucked dick to get to the top.

He's like the Kate Hudson character from Almost Famous, except he's a dude and replace rock stars with basketball players.

peteee
06-06-2010, 03:53 AM
Okay, I've looked up pretty much everything I can on World Wide Wes over the past month or so, read any article I could find, and honestly I still have no clue how he's so big in the sports world. He doesn't appear to have any real credentials, education, or athletic history. I'm pretty much convinced he sucked dick to get to the top.

He's like the Kate Hudson character from Almost Famous, except he's a dude and replace rock stars with basketball players.
:tu while the crab kept complaining about being devoid of quality support in cleveland, he still managed to make playoffs in almost every year but it's pretty questionable to say he would have done exactly the same with the 03-04 Magic minus T-Mac. Lebron is a great player but basketball is a team game and a game can't be won by anyone on himself, including MJ.

On his arrival to the Cavs in 03, the Cavs squad held some star-caliber teammates like Z, Gooden, Ricky Davis, which didn't even look nearly as poor as what T-Mac got around him- a feeble Hill and an overrated Juwan Howard plus a bunch of dipshits.

mingus
06-06-2010, 04:57 AM
i don't like the Rose-Lebron tandem. then you have Deng, a mid-range shooter and Noah, who pretty much bricks everything outside of a couple of feet from the rim...where's the spacing going to come from? that team would suck so much ass at threes it's not even funny. no way is that team a championship team.

mingus
06-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Lebron needs to go to NJ. Brooke Lobez will be better than Noah will ever be. he's a future 18-10, Gasol-type of player. NJ has the sickest potential to build aroung him, and that's exluding the fact that their owner is a billionaire.

Veterinarian
06-06-2010, 05:15 AM

You weren't swayed by Bill Simmons lamely reverential anecdote from All-Star weekend? It was basically Wes telling a kid to go to bed early instead of staying out to party, and Simba made it sound like it was Moses from the mountain top level stuff.

Veterinarian
06-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Lebron needs to go to NJ. Brooke Lobez will be better than Noah will ever be. he's a future 18-10, Gasol-type of player. NJ has the sickest potential to build aroung him, and that's exluding the fact that their owner is a billionaire.

You're aware NJ stands for New Jersey, right?

mingus
06-06-2010, 05:24 AM
You're aware NJ stands for New Jersey, right?

i'm fully aware of that.

likes i said, they already have a future all-star in Lopez, they have enough cap space so that they can add someone like Bosh to play pf, in addition to signing Lebron; and then they have their draft pick. Harris, Lee, and that Chinese guy are other pieces that are young and good.

Veterinarian
06-06-2010, 07:44 AM
i'm fully aware of that.

likes i said, they already have a future all-star in Lopez, they have enough cap space so that they can add someone like Bosh to play pf, in addition to signing Lebron; and then they have their draft pick. Harris, Lee, and that Chinese guy are other pieces that are young and good.

Familiarize yourself with the Newark area, and the drive in from the airport, which in my personal experiences I would describe as a hybrid between New York in Escape from New York and the Upstairs level from Twelve Monkeys. Only more dangerous and ugly than both of them combined. Lebron will be playing there for at least 2 and possibly 3 years.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/19609-looking-waterfront-slum.html

Veterinarian
06-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Especially read the part about commuting from Manhattan (where Lebron will most likely live) to Newark.

Chillen
06-07-2010, 07:39 AM
If the Bulls land LeBron James with Rose, Noah, Deng, Taj, Hinrich, James it will make that team incredibly better, the talent is there, easily a 55+ win team. If the Bulls do sign LeBron and manage to also sign or trade for Chris Bosh than you have a team in Chicago than can compete for a championship and will become one of the NBA's elite teams. Still even without acquiring Chris Bosh, the thought of Derrick Rose and LeBron James playing on the same team is pretty incredible, if teams double LeBron (which they will) that leaves Derrick Rose open quite alot, yikes.

06-07-2010, 08:33 AM
i don't know why lebron will go to the bulls other than the legacy factor. rose, noah, and deng are decent but other teams can offer lebron better chances. heat can offer the possibility of wade AND bosh, nets can offer an assortment of young talent, including harris and lopez, on top of a second high profile free agent (bosh, stoudemire, boozer), ditto for the knicks but without the young talent. i think sactown even has cap space for lebron but i doubt he goes to the west.

personally, i think the best place lebron can go is obviously the nets. it's not even a competition for me. of course, NJ sucks balls but compared to cleveland, it shouldn't be that much of a downgrade. lebron just needs to stick it out for two years and then the team moves to brooklyn, his favorite place in the world. the nets will have a billionaire owner, which guarantees constant cash flow, young talent, the number 3 pick, and cap space for another max or near max contract.

i mean seriously, how can any other team offer a better lineup of:

harris
lee
lebron
bosh/stoudemire/boozer
lopez

this would be a sick combination of young talent, size, athelticism, and speed. nets would still have their number 3 pick and MLE to strengthen the bench in addition to serviceable players like yi and CDR. only the heat might be able to offer something better with wade and bosh.

Shank
06-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm getting sick of this motherfucker.