PDA

View Full Version : Rasho Nesterovic interview: Comments about Duncan and Garnett

Kamnik
06-06-2010, 05:09 AM
I will translate 1 question and Rasho's answer that might interest spurs fans. It should also add to the TD vs Garnett debate that was so active in the last decade.

Reporters question:

You played alongside the best two PFs of the last 15 years Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett who both won an MVP award and a championship ring. Who made a bigger impression on you?

Rasho:

I have to say Duncan. He is a true team leader. Garnett is a phenomenal player with great physical abilities but I don't think he is mentally strong enough to be a team leader. If he would have stayed in Minessota I don't think he would ever win a ring. He did the right move by going to Boston because there is Paul Pierce who is a true team leader that scores in clutch moments.

Link(in Slovenian): http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/raso-lakovic-je-lahko-edini-vodja-te-reprezentance/231773

Sense
06-06-2010, 05:21 AM
He tells the truth

Kamnik
06-06-2010, 07:35 AM
In my opinion there is no better source to measure these two players than Rasho. He played with and against both of them for a long time.

So officially (what 90% of NBA fans know anyways): TD>Garnett :toast

Harry Callahan
06-06-2010, 08:05 AM
If Rasho is a free agent this summer (I think he is), I guess he won't be going to Boston.

Rasho recognizes Garnett for what he is - a poser who had to ride on the coattails of Pierce and Allen to win something.

Boston got to the finals this year when Cleveland and Orlando just fell apart mentally and did not play well at the most important time of the year. The Celtics were again lucky to be in the Eastern Conference.

duhoh
06-06-2010, 09:53 AM
rasho is thanking TD for a ring, which garnett couldn't supply

TimDunkem
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
No surprises here.

MateoNeygro
06-06-2010, 10:58 AM
and? Everyone already knew Timmy is, was and always will be considered the better player.

tdunk21
06-06-2010, 11:20 AM
so true rasho...

DPG21920
06-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Rasho also mentioned that what goes up, must also come down.

sananspursfan21
06-06-2010, 11:53 AM
go rasho! lol

Blackjack
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Rasho also mentioned that what goes up, must also come down.

That's only true when gravity's involved. It's why Space Jam was brutally unrealistic.

DPG21920
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Run away train I'm in your lane, like it's only 3 seconds to score to win the game.

Blackjack
06-06-2010, 12:59 PM
If only they'd handled the zero-gravity thing better. Shame a non-fiction story like that gets diminished by a lack of attention to detail.

Spurs7794
06-06-2010, 01:15 PM
If Rasho is a free agent this summer (I think he is), I guess he won't be going to Boston.

Rasho recognizes Garnett for what he is - a poser who had to ride on the coattails of Pierce and Allen to win something.

Boston got to the finals this year when Cleveland and Orlando just fell apart mentally and did not play well at the most important time of the year. The Celtics were again lucky to be in the Eastern Conference.

Hahahaha, yeah KG rode their coattails :rolleyes...even though he was the major reason for their change in defensive intensity.

I agree that TD is better but I LOVE reading random bitter comments about players like KG, Dirk, and Kobe to try to devalue them to prop Timmy up even higher.

Harry Callahan
06-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Hahahaha, yeah KG rode their coattails :rolleyes...even though he was the major reason for their change in defensive intensity.

I agree that TD is better but I LOVE reading random bitter comments about players like KG, Dirk, and Kobe to try to devalue them to prop Timmy up even higher.

Paul Pierce has been the go to guy in Boston all along. Garnett is an excellent player, but what did he really do in Minnesota even when he had quality, All Star level players like Sprewell and Sam Cassell? He got eliminated in six games in the Conference finals - once. That's it! He had to chance to take advantage of going to a team with two other HOF players in Pierce and Allen - not to mention some other really good players like Rondo and several solid big guys. There's nothing bitter about my comments towards Garnett. On the contrary, it's more factual observation than anything. Excellent player, great stats - he needed some help to accomplish the ultimate once.

On the subjective opinion side, I've seen Garnett for 15 years now and he always got hype for being this intense guy and screaming on the court (or staged publicity photos off the court), but he fell short short when he was "the man" in Minnesota. He rolled up great stats and fell short in the POs as the leader of his team there.

I said nothing about Dirk or Kobe, but Bryant has been able to succeed as the "Go to" guy more than Dirk or KG.

Lebron James is right now working on being Kevin Garnett junior, although I think he will break through and win something before Garnett did. The Celtics may surprise me and win this series, but it will have more to do with Rondo and Pierce than Garnett.

Celtics-Lakers frankly bores me so I probably won't spend a lot of time watching this series.

milkyway21
06-07-2010, 01:12 AM
I will translate 1 question and Rasho's answer that might interest spurs fans. It should also add to the TD vs Garnett debate that was so active in the last decade.

Reporters question:

You played alongside the best two PFs of the last 15 years Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett who both won an MVP award and a championship ring. Who made a bigger impression on you?

Rasho:

I have to say Duncan. He is a true team leader. Garnett is a phenomenal player with great physical abilities but I don't think he is mentally strong enough to be a team leader. If he would have stayed in Minessota I don't think he would ever win a ring. He did the right move by going to Boston because there is Paul Pierce who is a true team leader that scores in clutch moments.

Link(in Slovenian): http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/raso-lakovic-je-lahko-edini-vodja-te-reprezentance/231773

He is 100% right on Duncan. :tu
TD>>KG

But I beg to disagree on Garnett won't win a ring by joining Pierce because Pierce acc to him is a true team leader. Team leader? I think it's not only Pierce who runs the show on that team aside from KG & Allen, there's also Rondo. Garnett could have joined Kobe Bryant and won a ring. His defense & size upgraded Boston and the reason why they won a ring. :td

DesignatedT
06-07-2010, 01:20 AM
The 2 aren't even comparable anymore. Duncan is miles ahead of KG.

KG/Dirk is a better question.

crc21209
06-07-2010, 02:07 AM
In other news, the sky is blue. :p :lol

UnWantedTheory
06-07-2010, 02:18 PM
KG was a piece of the puzzle, but not the "reason".

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2010, 02:38 PM
sometimes ppl dont understand rasho, his the GOAT...

Spurminator
06-07-2010, 02:56 PM
RashOWNT
copyright 2003

smrattler
06-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Rasho "The Truth" Nestero-beeeoch!!!!