PDA

View Full Version : D-Fish tweet

IronMexican
06-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Want to clear something up. No way I'm contemplating retirement. Feeling amazing, no end in sight! Totally focused on Drive for 5 & beyond!

They still need a starter at this position next season. Fish has been great this post-season, but he should be saved for the post-season.

Muser
06-06-2010, 12:40 PM
As long as L.A have Kobe/Gasol it doesn't matter who starts at the PG.

j-money24
06-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Fish been playing his best basketball in his career so it would be stupid for him to retire now. But like Iron said, keep him saved for the postseason next year, but i still think fish should still start but only play him 20 minutes a game and keep him rested because this line-up has so much chemistry now and hopefully we get a good point guard to play the majority of the minutes off the bench.

DeadlyDynasty
06-06-2010, 12:43 PM
They still need a starter at this position next season. Fish has been great this post-season, but he should be saved for the post-season.

agreed

Leetonidas
06-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm sure you guys are feeling the way we did when Finley opted in to the final year of his contract.

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Fish been playing his best basketball in his career so it would be stupid for him to retire now.

No he isn't. He was worlds better in 2001 than he is now. He can just be hidden defensively when you have 3 7 footers shoring up the paint and two of the most physical perimeter defenders in the game.

Same retarded transition jumpers. No lateral quickness at all. Same dumb contested hero shots.

But like Iron said, keep him saved for the postseason next year, but i still think fish should still start but only play him 20 minutes a game and keep him rested because this line-up has so much chemistry now and hopefully we get a good point guard to play the majority of the minutes off the bench.

Fish needs to transition to the bench. He wouldn't be starting on any other team in the league right now and the Lakers need his replacement to be comfortable with the starters. What he's good at is flopping, spot up shooting and clutch spot up shooting. That's about it.

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Want to clear something up. No way I'm contemplating retirement. Feeling amazing, no end in sight! Totally focused on Drive for 5 & beyond! I see irony isn't lost on Fisher.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 01:04 PM
"What he's good at is flopping, spot up shooting and clutch spot up shooting. That's about it."

.....but, no mistakes. It's not only doing good, it's more important to first do no harm.

**as per usual Shasta stickin' his big f'in banana in the way.

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Fisher fucks up all the time. Se the two in-bounds plays he screwed when Kobe was hurt.

The problem with starting Fisher is he tends to think he's still 25. Pulling up in transition on a 3-2 or taking it to the basket against a good shot blocker when he's shooting 30% inside the paint is a dumb play that hurts your team. Fish does shit like that all the time.

Fisher's defensive flaws are so many that they aren't even worth talking about. The Lakers have no choice but to spend their MLE on a point guard.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Fisher fucks up all the time. Se the two in-bounds plays he screwed when Kobe was hurt.

The problem with starting Fisher is he tends to think he's still 25. Pulling up in transition on a 3-2 or taking it to the basket against a good shot blocker when he's shooting 30% inside the paint is a dumb play that hurts your team. Fish does shit like that all the time.

Fisher's defensive flaws are so many that they aren't even worth talking about. The Lakers have no choice but to spend their MLE on a point guard.

I think yer wrong, 21. No player is perfect. Fisher though commits very rarely a mental mistake. I trust his judgment implicitly more so than any other Laker. He's 1. Gasol is 2. Kobe is 3.

Name me one, just one PG that should be in there right now instead of Fisher that was legitimately available this past season.

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I trust his judgment implicitly more so than any other Laker. He's 1. Gasol is 2. Kobe is 3.

Haha. Fisher is worthless without Kobe on the basketball court. He constantly makes the dumbest play available. Like his patented dribble for 15 seconds at the top of the key then try to shoot over 6-6 guy.

Name me one, just one PG that should be in there right now instead of Fisher that was legitimately available this past season.

We're talking about the off-season coming up. The Lakers biggest and most obvious flaw is at the point. Fish isn't starting caliber anymore. In order to keep winning your team needs to improve. Lakers added Ron fucking Artest last season via the MLE and they need to add a PG else you fall into the 2002 trap.

Mitch learned his lesson.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Haha. Fisher is worthless without Kobe on the basketball court.

You sound like a Spur's fan.

>>>Fine, name me one PG this off season that is legitimately available that you would substitute for Fish.

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Name one other team Fish would be starting for next year.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Name one other team Fish would be starting for next year.

I asked you first, but, I ain't gonna stand on ceremony:::Fish is exclusive to our way, our system.

He's also emotionally vested with & in Kobe Bryant. Their hearts beat in a steady cadence. Fish wasn't there in '06-'07 when the Suns humiliated Bryant, but, when Bryant sought his vengeance & redemption a fortnight ago, Fish sided him, hunted those fucks down together and left 'em where they found 'em.

You think that dynamic, that relationship grows on trees, 21? You're a fool if you do.

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Fish will be exclusive to the Laker and Kobe way from the bench. Pretty simple. He's going the Shaw route that much is clear.

Acting like Fish can't be replaced is a loser's way of thinking. After 2003 no way Mitch stands pat when the obvious move is to improve the 1.

Sasha's expiring will be a nice trade deadline dangle as well.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Fish will be exclusive to the Laker and Kobe way from the bench. Pretty simple. He's going the Shaw route that much is clear.

Acting like Fish can't be replaced is a loser's way of thinking. After 2003 no way Mitch stands pat when the obvious move is to improve the 1.

Sasha's expiring will be a nice trade deadline dangle as well.

Your turn now, 21, give me a for instance on the Fish's replacement.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Your turn now, 21, give me a for instance on the Fish's replacement.

I agree with you that you don't give up on Fisher yet, but two replacements I could see are Felton (as 21 mentioned in another thread) or Luke Ridnour. They both have benefited a lot from the last two years playing under a defense first coach who runs a more structured system.

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 02:04 PM
The Jazz couldn't have let Fish out that contract faster after GoldenState laughingly pawned him off to Snow Valley. Again tell me what other team would willingly sign and start Derek Fisher at 35 years of age?

Just because the Lakers win a title despite Fish being a liability doesn't mean you can't improve your biggest flaw.

Never did I imply you get rid of him. You start transitioning him into an assistant coach. That starts by coming off the bench like Shaw did in 03.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I agree with you that you don't give up on Fisher yet, but two replacements I could see are Felton (as 21 mentioned in another thread) or Luke Ridnour. They both have benefited a lot from the last two years playing under a defense first coach who runs a more structured system.

Both still need to be potty trained and their training bra's burned.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Both still need to be potty trained and their training bra's burned.

I suggested them because Skiles and Brown have already jump started "potty training" them to a certain extent.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 02:06 PM
The Jazz couldn't have let Fish out that contract faster after GoldenState laughingly pawned him off to Snow Valley. Again tell me what other team would willing sign and start Derek Fisher at 35 years of age.

Just because the Lakers win a title despite Fish being a liability doesn't mean you can't improve your biggest flaw.

Never did I imply you get rid of him. You start transitioning him into an assistant coach. That starts by coming off the bench like Shaw did in 03.

I'm still waiting for you to lodge Fish's replacement, 21, or, is Felton it?

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 02:08 PM
That's Mitch's job, not mine. Like 70% of the NBA is a free agent this summer.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
I suggested them because Skiles and Brown have already jump started "potty training" them to a certain extent.

Neither one has ever even glimpsed the fire, must less been touched. They tried that f'in stunt with Parker and Kobe very nearly flew the coop over it.

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Lets not go crazy here Cully. Neither Ridnour nor Felton have done anything that makes them deserving of a Smush Parker comparison :lol

easy7
06-06-2010, 02:11 PM
"Totally focused on Drive for 5" so he is totally focused on that drive for five giant dildo trophy in lakalova's sig and beyond... :lmao

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 02:12 PM
That's Mitch's job, not mine.

Lucky your Lakers Brother, otherwise I'd build a shoe store in your ass.

:toast

IronMexican
06-06-2010, 03:01 PM
"Totally focused on Drive for 5" so he is totally focused on that drive for five giant dildo trophy in lakalova's sig and beyond... :lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao oh, wow, oh, oh. My god, that was soooo fucking funny. Wow, man. You should be a stand in for Dane Cook or something.

duhoh
06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Lucky your Lakers Brother, otherwise I'd build a shoe store in your ass.

:toast

like a boss cully :king

yes, fisher is sometimes a defensive liability against smaller, quick, offensive guards, but who else can run with kobe in the backcourt? they'd need a high BB IQ, and also someone who isn't gonna make kobe mad by making poor decisions. that's in short supply.

any moron can critique. offer a solution. otherwise quit talking, we have enough idiots here.

my suggestion would be kirk hinrich. he can hit shots, and has a nastiness about him when he defends. i'd take him in LA over felton/ridnour for sure. dunno about contract situations though, haven't looked him up.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Hinrich is pie-in-the-sky. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. You let Fish do it as long as he's willing. Drain his tank absolutely dry.

What's the hurry?
Where's the fire?