PDA

View Full Version : .. if splitter does not come this offseason the spurs should go after haslem ..

manu the best
06-06-2010, 02:57 PM
.. i think his the 4th or 5th best pf available in this years free agency .. i think bosh, amare, dirk, and boozer are definitely not coming to san antonio .. so the fo should go after him if splitter decides to stay in europe ..

DesignatedT
06-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't be a bad option if Tiago stays. His game would translate well here IMO If we could somehow land him. He's a little undersized though, wouldn't really give us that "Shotblocker" we all seek for.

Zocalo
06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Wouldn't be a bad option if Tiago stays. His game would translate well here IMO If we could somehow land him. He's a little undersized though, wouldn't really give us that "Shotblocker" we all seek for.

You know perhaps we can get a shotblocker in the draft or trade for one when the trade deadline approaches.

I also would be interested in Dorrel Wright from the Heat. He is a 3 who can shoot the three, and a respectable defender and can come cheap. He most likely can fill a role at the 3 better than Jefferson at a significantly cheaper price.

eisfeld
06-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Considering that he would be quite cheap compared to the others it would be a good signing. Still, I question his ability to make an impact right when he would join the team.

TD 21
06-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Unless the Spurs were planning to sign Haslem, trade McDyess and somehow have the wherewithal leftover to acquire the long, rim protecting big man they desperately need, Haslem would be a terrible fit. He's essentially a younger McDyess. Solid player no doubt, but not what the Spurs need.

DPG21920
06-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Do not want.

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2010, 05:58 PM
we need a shotblocker, not another undersized big down low

bigdog
06-06-2010, 06:16 PM
No. I'm tired of smallball bullshit. Get an actual big that has some sort of defensive presence.

Cane
06-06-2010, 06:54 PM
If the Spurs don't get Tiago I wonder if they'd try to get Favors or Cousins although thats going to require some deals. Agreed that Haslem would just be redundant in the rotation especially if McDyess and/or Bonner will be around.

Spurs need a young, big player that can help on defense.

J-Wiz
06-06-2010, 07:11 PM
If Splitter doesnt come we gotta go after a center. We have some good power fowards, ofcourse one of the best to ever play that position. Blair is a power foward he should never have to start at center again, although i'll admit its allways nice to see him on the court getting playing time. I'll say this about blair, if he ever did or could play 36+ minutes a game I think he would lead the leauge in rebounds,definitly top 3. Bottomline.... we need a 7 footer. Simple as that. At this point im just ready to say with either our first or second round pick we get the best available sot blocker. He'd probaly be atleast 6'10. And if there isnt any good shot blockers left, get a 7 footer with some defensive awareness. Theres alot of 6'10 6'11 and 7 footers in this draft. Ofcouse im not saying were gonna draft the next David Robinson or probably even close. But we can get a better shot blocker than we have now at center. So to answer the question, No, I dont think Haslem's the answer for us. He wouldnt be bad to have on the team but lets get a 7 footer along with a small foward and 3 point shooter/s.

K-State Spur
06-06-2010, 07:23 PM
not the same player that he was when he gave dirk some problems in the '06 finals.

if duncan were still an A+ defender, he might be worth a go - but we're at the point where we NEED another rim defender at this point. some people have been asking for one for a long time, but it's always been a luxury to the point where there were still scenarios in which the team could be successful without one.

no mas.

BackHome
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
If Splitter doesn't come over we need to get a big in a huge way and I wouldn't mind trading Tony to get one.

Even if Splitter comes over I still want them to get an athletic shotblocking PF. I like Blair but he is slow and short and would be sitting the bench against teams like the Flakers, and Suns.