PDA

View Full Version : Is it true Philly wants to..

mfanatic
06-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Get rid of the #2 pick as long as Elton Brand is moved as well?

If it is, I really would like to look into this. I know ESPN trade machine doesn't let but I tried personally with numbers and this does work...

Spurs Get:
#2 Pick (Evan Turner, future with G Hill, will be better than D-Wade)
Elton Brand (Very pricey, but worth it in the end)

Philly Gets:
Richard Jefferson (Strictly for salary dump)
Hairston (Filler, young, athletic, etc.)

Before everyone says Brand's contract is horrible, which I agree totally, look at what we look like for the present AND the future:

Tony/Hill
Manu/Mason (If resigns)
Turner/(Other part of MLE, LLE, Vet, Anything)
Brand/Mcdyess
Duncan/Splitter

I don't know about you guys, but in 2-3 years when Manu and Duncan are done, and Kobe is no longer ridiculous (Only reason Hill can't play shooting guard, in all honesty it just comes down to beating Kobe in the Finals), we could run:

Tony
Hill
Turner
SF
Splitter
Free Agent

What do you guys think?

Zocalo
06-06-2010, 03:22 PM
So you believe it is actually remotely possible to get the number 2 pick for Jefferson and Harrison?

:lmao

mfanatic
06-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I've heard that Philly will trade the #2 pick IF they can get rid of Elton Brand's horrible contract, yes.

Zocalo
06-06-2010, 03:37 PM
You first ask the question...

Is it true Philly wants to...Get rid of the #2 pick as long as Elton Brand is moved as well?

and within 20 mins suddenly heard that...

I've heard that Philly will trade the #2 pick will trade the #2 pick IF they can get rid of Elton Brand's horrible contract, yes.

It is beyond stupid to give away the number 2 pick... but I guess we can believe whatever we want to believe.

Some people are truly gullible...

mfanatic
06-06-2010, 03:39 PM
First of all, I said is it true because I've heard that it is, so I wanted more information if anyone had it, second of all, it's not beyond stupid to give away the number to pick if your trading away a player which you have NO need for, especially when hes making 15 million , 16 million, and 17 million for the next three years.

Zocalo
06-06-2010, 03:43 PM
You convinced me, I am sure that Philly is desperate to give away the next and better DWade away because of Elton Brand bad contract. It makes perfect sense...

DesignatedT
06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
:lmao. not happening.

mfanatic
06-06-2010, 03:52 PM
You convinced me, I am sure that Philly is desperate to give away the next and better DWade away because of Elton Brand bad contract. It makes perfect sense...

You know nothing about business I'm guessing, that the NBA is a business to make MONEY.

Zocalo
06-06-2010, 03:58 PM
You know nothing about business I'm guessing, that the NBA is a business to make MONEY.

So you are guessing... :lol

Great job... keep posting away.

Cane
06-06-2010, 04:07 PM
This is worse than that crazy trade idea of Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol....oh wait... :stirpot: ;)

lurker23
06-06-2010, 04:13 PM
For what it's worth, here's the news report that spurred this whole thing:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16106/sixers-shopping-no-2-pick

A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.

Not that Brand is necessarily the ONLY price for the #2 pick, but it's part of the equation at the moment.

Bruno
06-06-2010, 04:13 PM
The rumor about Philly being ready to trade #2 to dump Brand's contract is BS.

lmbebo
06-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Philly also wants young assets in return. I don't think Harrison counts as that for them.

eisfeld
06-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Where to start...

Brand + Second pick for Jefferson + Hairston is completely stupid. Philly can get a better deal elsewhere. The Spurs would have to include Hill and/or Blair to make this work.

Secondly:
For Christ's sake - Hill is not a PG and if the Spurs resign Mason I'd have to question the sanity of the front office.

If Jefferson + Hairston + Hill + swapping picks nets us Brand + the 2nd pick of the draft - go for it. But I doubt that Philly would fall for this. There are a lot more teams who can offer better deals.

eisfeld
06-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Philly also wants young assets in return. I don't think Harrison counts as that for them.

It's Hairston... Harrison is the former Pacer who now plays in China (sic)

Sense
06-06-2010, 05:25 PM
In other words...... stupid thread.

mfanatic
06-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Actually it isn't. Sad for me to say as a 76ers fan, but that team needs to start over. Iguodala's contract should be easy enough to move for an expiring, but Elton Brand is such a bad contract that they'll package that second pick with him if someone takes it. Unfortunately, the 76ers are a poor team and their system makes Elton Brand look even worse (the same way a certain system makes another player look better). It is unlikely Brand's contract is moved, but it is likely that the 6ers trade it with Brand if someone makes an offer.

I thank you for not being a stupid prick like many others on this site.

Muser
06-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I might do it, but it won't happen so I won't bother thinking about it.

Bruno
06-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Actually it isn't.

I read it from a legit inside Sixers source that this rumor is BS. It's also true with the one saying they would draft Favors. Sixers will draft Turner and they will keep him.

outmap
06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
If they give Iggy instead of Brand, then yes. Draft Favors! :D A future of Tony, Hill, Iggy, Favors and Splitter!

buttsR4rebounding
06-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I expect Brand to have a bounce back season. With knee injuries like he had it is normally the 2nd year afterward that you see the full extent of improvement that he is going to make. I'm not saying that he will be as good as he was, but I wouldn't rule it out. If the price to pick up the #2 pick was to take Brand I would definitely consider it.

iManu
06-07-2010, 07:04 AM
I don't know how it works, but Tony, Dick, Hill, etc. for Turner, Brand, and Iggy would be an incredible move for us. If we can't win it this year, we would have Turner and Iggy to grow upon, and Brand would be gone in a few years. This is also all we would need for a final Duncan run.

That being said, it must be completely impossible.

Agloco
06-07-2010, 10:19 AM
If they give Iggy instead of Brand, then yes. Draft Favors! :D A future of Tony, Hill, Iggy, Favors and Splitter!

According to the article, the entire point of giving up the #2 would be to move Brands contract. Nothing is happening otherwise.