PDA

View Full Version : ‘Melo thinks LeBron might stay

duncan228
06-06-2010, 09:40 PM
‘Melo thinks LeBron might stay (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-anthonyjames060610)
By Marc J. Spears

At least one person thinks LeBron James doesn’t already have a ticket out of Cleveland: his friend and Team USA teammate Carmelo Anthony.

“I think he’s going to stay,” Anthony told Yahoo! Sports at halftime of Game 2 of the NBA Finals.

Anthony said his opinion is more of a gut feel than based on anything definitive from James. But he also just saw James recently, and said, “We’ve been talking a lot more the last couple of weeks.”

One source said James also had considered attending Sunday’s game, but was worried about the circus it would cause.

Anthony, who now lives in Los Angeles in the offseason and attended Game 2 of the Finals, has his own decision to make this summer. He can push for a contract extension from the Denver Nuggets or wait to become a free agent after next season.

“I’m going to see what’s going on,” said Anthony, who also hasn’t made a decision on whether to play in this summer’s World Championships. “I haven’t talked to nobody since the last game. We’ll see what is going on the next couple of months.

“Me and my team, we’re looking at a lot of different situations. That’s the main thing that we are thinking about right now. We got some stuff that we’re talking about.”

Anthony does expect Nuggets coach George Karl to return, even though the two haven’t spoken since the end of the season. Karl took a leave from the team and missed the playoffs after being treated for throat cancer.

“I’m pretty sure he’ll be back,” Anthony said. “That’s just him. All he wants to do is get healthy, get back there on the court. Even when he was sick, he was still trying to be in the gym. They’re going to have to tell him he can’t coach. He’s not going to tell them he’s going to sit.”