PDA

View Full Version : KB24's name should NEVER be uttered alongside MJ's

DazedAndConfused
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
What a fucking disgraceful game and performance.

No way can he ever deserve to mentioned with the greatest to ever lace them up. You can't lay this kind of a stinker in such a pivotal game and consider yourself one of the greatest.

Lost a lot of respect for the man today. He let the team down again.

lefty
06-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Duh

gaKNOW!blee
06-06-2010, 09:51 PM
reverse jinx.

ChrisRichards
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
People always criticize me when I said Kobe is a great playoff performer except in the Finals. He has yet to put a "Superstar" series in the Finals.

Magic, Jordan, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon, Kareem,Wilt all had theirs.

Kobe=0

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I agree but I'd like for you to look up Michael Jordan's game 6 performance in the 1996 NBA Finals against the Seattle Sonics. That was a game the Bulls won to win it all that year and people suck off that Bulls team to no end. Just check his stats for that series and title winning game.

monosylab1k
06-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I agree but I'd like for you to look up Michael Jordan's game 6 performance in the 1996 NBA Finals against the Seattle Sonics. That was a game the Bulls won to win it all that year and people suck off that Bulls team to no end. Just check his stats for that series and title winning game.

I'm pretty sure Jordan had the flu and/or food poisoning in like 75% of those games.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Oh, Jordan has had a ton of bad games..people look back and think MJ was some kind of God that never had bad games, but he had plenty of them, especially during the 2nd 3-peat..

Obviously Kobe shouldn't be mentioned with Jordan, this series doesn't change anything..he's heavily lacking stats, accolades, success as a #1, performances in crucial games, everything..

Kobe is in the conversation with Duncan, Shaq and Olajuwon, regardless of winning or losing this series IMO..

Chieflion
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM

I thought game 6 was a blowout in the Bulls' favor right from the start. Was there a need for MJ to take over? Lets not forget the Bulls ran out to a series 3-0 lead, lost the next 2, and then easily kicked ass back home. And the Sonics were a 64-18 team.

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Lol. Jordan is the greatest player of all time but some people choose to remember him as perfect. He scored 35+ every Finals game on 60% shooting and would never ball hog the ball. That's how people talk about him in order to put down Kobe any chance they can get.

Jordan was amazing, the best. But no great player was perfect.

Kobe had a mediocre game by his standards, especially the standards of these playoffs. But it actually wasn't that bad considering the foul trouble he had to deal with.

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh, Jordan's had a ton of bad games..people look back and think MJ was some kind of God that never had bad games, but he had plenty of them, especially during the 2nd 3-peat..

Obviously Kobe shouldn't be mentioned with Jordan, this series doesn't change anything..he's heavily lacking stats, accolades, success as a #1, performances in crucial games, everything..

Kobe is in the conversation with Duncan, Shaq and Olajuwon, regardless of winning or losing this series IMO..

That was my point.

tlongII
06-06-2010, 10:15 PM

Jordan in the 96 Finals:

27.3 ppg
.415 FG%
.316 3PT%
5.3 rpg
4.2 apg
1.7 spg

It wasn't his best performance, but it was still pretty good. Sometimes you post like a typical Pistons fan from that era.

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
God, Lakerfan made a BIG mistake with this thread.

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I thought game 6 was a blowout in the Bulls' favor right from the start. Was there a need for MJ to take over? Lets not forget the Bulls ran out to a series 3-0 lead, lost the next 2, and then easily kicked ass back home. And the Sonics were a 64-18 team.

Well it wasn't because of Michael's "efficient" scoring prowess. I'm just trying to dispel the notion that Jordan was some kind of perfect player every single game during his championship runs.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2010, 10:17 PM
That was my point.

I wasn't arguing with you, it was a statement..

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Jordan would have never been given the 3rd and 4th horseshit fouls that were called on Kobe.

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Jordan in the 96 Finals:

27.3 ppg
.415 FG%
.316 3PT%
5.3 rpg
4.2 apg
1.7 spg

It wasn't his best performance, but it was still pretty good. Sometimes you post like a typical Pistons fan from that era.

Kobe gets killed when he shoots under 45% from the field. Kobe has had similar assist numbers throughout his career and gets killed for being a ball hog.

I don't put Kobe's name in the same sentence as Jordan. But when people dog Kobe, they make it seem like every great NBA player before Kobe never had bad games, in the playoffs, in the Finals, would never play like Kobe played. It gets over the top.

You rarely post a good post, but I don't begrudge you for making a point by assuming it has to do with the team you root for.

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I wasn't arguing with you, it was a statement..

I know.

DPG21920
06-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Overreacting to one not great game.

TE
06-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Jordan would have never been given the 3rd and 4th horseshit fouls that were called on Kobe.

He wouldn't have committed them.

MJ's bball IQ > Kobe's bball IQ

MJ's def. IQ > Kobe's bball IQ

stfu and never mention Kobe's name in a sentence containing Jordan's name.

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Kobe sucks. He's not even a legit hall of famer. They should bench him for game three.

MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

MJ BB IQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

Pippen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

Pierce>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

Ray Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

Never mention Kobe's name next to any of these guys ever again. He's a disgrace to a professional BB uniform.

tlongII
06-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Kobe gets killed when he shoots under 45% from the field. Kobe has had similar assist numbers throughout his career and gets killed for being a ball hog.

I don't put Kobe's name in the same sentence as Jordan. But when people dog Kobe, they make it seem like every great NBA player before Kobe never had bad games, in the playoffs, in the Finals, would never play like Kobe played. It gets over the top.

You rarely post a good post, but I don't begrudge you for making a point by assuming it has to do with the team you root for.

Huh? WTF are you talking about? He gets killed for shooting under 40% and sometimes close to 30%, but I hardly ever see him getting killed for shooting 41%, 42%, 43%, or 44%. And yes, I definitely begrudge you for these "Piston fan" type posts. I've seen it far too often.

Chieflion
06-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Well it wasn't because of Michael's "efficient" scoring prowess. I'm just trying to dispel the notion that Jordan was some kind of perfect player every single game during his championship runs.

Sure it wasn't. And the 1996 Finals was the worst series Jordan put up and it wasn't that bad. Gary Payton was one hell of a defender. In fact, the entire Sonics team was very good defensively.

People crucify Kobe for weak performances in the finals because he lost. If you win, all is forgotten and forgiven.

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Sure it wasn't. And the 1996 Finals was the worst series Jordan put up and it wasn't that bad. Gary Payton was one hell of a defender. In fact, the entire Sonics team was very good defensively.

People crucify Kobe for weak performances in the finals because he lost. If you win, all is forgotten and forgiven.

Kobe haters find reasons to hate on Kobe even when he wins. Or do you not pay attention to the "Pau Gasol is the Lakers MVP" and the like posts and threads? Kobe haters even have hated on him these playoffs for putting up good numbers against "bad defensive teams."

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:31 PM

Jordan shot 41.5% in the 96 finals and 42.7% in the 98 finals.

Shastafarian
Kobe sucks. He's not even a legit hall of famer. They should bench him for game three.

Never mention Kobe's name next to any of these guys ever again. He's a disgrace to a professional BB uniform.

Here ya go Sandy.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/255214/2/istockphoto_255214-tampon.jpg

JamStone
Huh? WTF are you talking about? He gets killed for shooting under 40% and sometimes close to 30%, but I hardly ever see him getting killed for shooting 41%, 42%, 43%, or 44%. And yes, I definitely begrudge you for these "Piston fan" type posts. I've seen it far too often.

Untrue. Kobe haters will get on Kobe for anything under 45%. All the time.

tlongII, I'll poke fun at you in jest but let's be serious. An insult about my posts tying into the team I root for by YOU? tlongII. Seriously?

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Here ya go Sandy.

Stop PMing me your pictures She-Male.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-04-11-transvestite.jpg

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Here ya go Sandy.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/255214/2/istockphoto_255214-tampon.jpg

:lmao

Goran Dragic
Oh shit he said She-male again :lmao

ace3g
Kobe has 3 modes : ball hog, tries to get players involved, and I just don't care about this team right now

Shastafarian
http://satgnu.net/upload/lavacroft/images/random/sandy_vagina.png

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Uhhhhhhh ohhhhh, Namlook is butthurt..he's clicking the CONTROL PANEL..EDIT IGNORE LIST..who's NEXT?!..

Chieflion
06-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Uhhhhhhh ohhhhh, Namlook is butthurt..he's clicking the CONTROL PANEL..EDIT IGNORE LIST..who's NEXT?!..

LOL namlook not understanding what the word "worst" means.
LOL namlook spelt opposite = koolman
LOL Ignore list.

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Tbh here's something namlook's mom shoulda used when she was pregnant:

http://earth911.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/metal-clothes-hangers-300x300.jpg

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM

Oh Shit someone baby slapped Goran Tragic in the chin again and he's down on the ground holding his face. I think he's crying too. :lmao

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM

It's like he genuinely thinks it's a good insult.

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:37 PM

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s38/JeremySWelch/SAndyVagina.jpg

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:37 PM

Yeah, and then he tops it off by talking to me as if I really am Goran Dragic

Killakobe81
06-06-2010, 10:38 PM

I agree. 100%

He is BETTER than Kobe no doubt.

But the Mj revisionist history is hysterical ....

He had some bad games at times he was a Volume shooter/scorer

namlook
Tbh here's something namlook's mom shoulda used when she was pregnant:

http://earth911.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/metal-clothes-hangers-300x300.jpg

Goran's mom actually used one of those when she was pregnant and that's why Goran constantly falls down and holds his face. He thinks every elbow is another clothes hanger coming in to get him.

Goran Dragic
Goran's mom actually used one of those when she was pregnant and that's why Goran constantly falls down and holds his face. He thinks every elbow is another clothes hanger coming in to get him.

You seriously find this funny?

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:39 PM

I feel kinda bad picking on you. You're just really not good at this.

HarlemHeat37
Are Namlook's jokes part of his "schtick"?..

I hope so..I've honestly never seen somebody so incompetent at it..he really doesn't belong on ST, he needs a filtered forum TBH..

lefty
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/meanbean11/loonow.gif

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Are Namlook's jokes part of his "schtick"?..

I hope so..I've honestly never seen somebody so incompetent at it..he really doesn't belong on ST, he needs a filtered forum TBH..

The internet is just a dangerous place for him, he doesn't do very well at it.

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:40 PM

Stop PMing this crap She-male!

http://www.nzhypnosis.com/feminization-cd.jpg

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:41 PM
smh

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Stop PMing this crap She-male!

http://www.nzhypnosis.com/feminization-cd.jpg

I get what you mean Shasta, it's like picking on the retarded kid....

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:42 PM
The internet is just a dangerous place for him, he doesn't do very well at it.

The basketball court is clearly a dangerous place for Goran. He falls down, hold his face and cries at the slightest hint of contact.

tlongII

tlongII, I'll poke fun at you in jest but let's be serious. An insult about my posts tying into the team I root for by YOU? tlongII. Seriously?

Yes it's serious. I'm not denying that I'm homer. That is obvious. Pistons fans from the late 80's to mid 90's always dog Jordan. It's part of their DNA.

Goran Dragic
The basketball court is clearly a dangerous place for Goran. He falls down, hold his face and cries at the slightest hint of contact.

Sick burn, because I actually am Goran Dragic!

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I get what you mean Shasta, it's like picking on the retarded kid....

I think I'd rather pick on thispego. I mean, he's a mouthbreather but he's not Rainman over here. Strike that. Saying namlook is Rainman gives him way too much credit. My apologies Dustin Hoffman.

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I think I'd rather pick on thispego. I mean, he's a mouthbreather but he's not Rainman over here. Strike that. Saying namlook is Rainman gives him way too much credit. My apologies Dustin Hoffman.

:lmao

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Sick burn, because I actually am Goran Dragic!

And I'm really Namlook you dipshit! :lmao

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:44 PM
That was funny, she-male (:lmao get it, it's funny because I said you're a transvestite!)

monosylab1k
06-06-2010, 10:45 PM

.................................................. ...................................

.................................................. .................................................. ..

http://www.jestertunes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/dumbfounded.jpg

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
:rollin

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
And I'm really Namlook you dipshit! :lmao

yeah i got tats on my legs, yeah they're spurs and yeah they're on my calves... we've gone over this yrs ago and yet it's still being brought up like a bad joke. it's fuckin' old man and you think it gets to me when you say the bs you do? you think it gets to me especially coming from some chump off the internet? come on now man... i didn't get these tats because i thought i'd shrivel up into a ball and hide when someone put me down about my decision to tat my calves up with spurs, i got these tats because i wanted to, because i like them and because i could give 2 shits less about some bitchmade chump on the internet.

get over it man and add to this thread or get the fuck out already. come up with something clever or shut the fuck up and get out of my thread.

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Goran, go finish your make-out session with She-Male and stop falling like a pussy anytime someone cums near your face.

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Goran, go finish your make-out session with She-Male and stop falling like a pussy anytime someone cums near your face.

Definitely definitely say it again. Uh oh Wapner time. Definitely definitely go for she-male definitely.

Goran Dragic
06-06-2010, 10:53 PM

Sorry, people don't cum near my face. I'm an NBA player, I get tons of pussy unlike a certain Laker known as AC Green.

JamStone
06-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes it's serious. I'm not denying that I'm homer. That is obvious. Pistons fans from the late 80's to mid 90's always dog Jordan. It's part of their DNA.

I openly and willingly admit that I hate Michael Jordan, but I always give him his due and also willingly admit that he is the greatest player ever.

But what I said in this thread is legitimate.

Shastafarian
06-06-2010, 10:54 PM
http://stylepointsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/acgreen1.jpg

Sisk
06-06-2010, 10:57 PM
namlook is going to be on suicide watch by the time this thread is dead..

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Wow, I have a headache from reading this..

The fact that he's actually trying to insult a poster by pretending he's a young, rich, NBA player is heartbreaking..somebody take Namlook's computer away please..

lakaluva's mom
06-06-2010, 11:01 PM
You know shit is bad when Spurfans and Mavfans come together for a common cause to shit on Laker "fans"

Capt Bringdown
06-06-2010, 11:05 PM
This is one case in which a little age is a good thing. For the youngun's it seems basketball began and ended with Michael Jordan. It sounds like some people can't appreciate what the game has to offer, which is a lot more than MJ ever brought to the table.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 07:22 AM
You know shit is bad when Spurfans and Mavfans come together for a common cause to shit on Laker "fans"

It is no wonder: the former got skunked by the Suns, the latter Skunked & Forever.

They had no other choice.

Veterinarian
06-07-2010, 07:25 AM

Jordan had one finals where his stats didn't destroy and he didn't shoot great. Kobe's had ones series where he did. Against the fucking Nets.

JamStone
06-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Jordan had one finals where his stats didn't destroy and he didn't shoot great. Kobe's had ones series where he did. Against the fucking Nets.

You can take away the NBA Finals versus the Nets, and Kobe still puts up 24/5/5 in the NBA Finals. And that's even with the 2000 NBA Finals where he injured his ankle in game 2 and missed all of game 3. His 2000 NBA Finals stats also skew his numbers negatively.

24/5/5 in the NBA Finals (not including the Nets Finals) and people talk like he was only a chucker that shot a bad percentage and didn't do anything else. He also averaged close to 2 steals a game in the Finals. He also shot something like 83% in his Finals career at the free throw line.

He has shot a poor percentage from the field in the Finals. That's absolutely true. The 2004 Finals really hurt him when the Pistons had a great defense and a great gameplan on him and he played selfishly trying to get his first Finals MVP and he deserves a lot of criticism for.

Even getting injured in the 2000 Finals, Kobe came back in game 4 of that Finals and took over the game in the second half after Shaq fouled out and Kobe hit the game winner... on a sprained ankle. In 2001, Kobe had a fantastic Finals against Philly but was still outshined by Shaq's great scoring. Kobe probably deserved the Finals MVP in 2002 as much as Shaq did.

People go right to FG% and try to argue all he did was chuck the ball. That's completely erroneous. He was a great facilitator for those early Laker title teams. And just like now, he was the closer for that team in the fourth quarter.

But people dismiss all of it and go straight to FG%. He's pretty much always been a volume shooter. I do think Kobe takes a lot of bail out shots that affect that percentage. Late in the shot clock when the offense stagnates or when he's on a roll and his teammates stop moving. Sure, he'll shoot a lot. Take for example last night at the end of the first half. After that steal and three pointer to get within 6, Kobe stole the ball again and chucked up another three with a split second left. He's not worried about hurting his FG% like some players are. He worries about winning. Kobe shoot 20% from the field and if the Lakers win, he's cool with it.

People still find ways to hate Kobe after last year's Finals and championship. They'll say Orlando wasn't a good team or a good defense for Kobe. They'll prop up Pau to put down Kobe. They'll say it's tainted because he didn't face LeBron or didn't beat the Celtics. What other player gets that? Do people talk about how weak three of the Finals opponents the Spurs have faced in order to downplay Tim Duncan as a player? No one gets that type of criticism like Kobe does.

Kobe's not in Jordan's league. But people go wayyyyyyy into extremes to put the guy down when he's been a great, great player for a long, long time.

Muser
06-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Damn namlook getting shit on :lmao

hater
06-07-2010, 09:27 AM
No way can he ever deserve to mentioned with the greatest to ever lace them up. You can't lay this kind of a stinker in such a pivotal game and consider yourself one of the greatest.

the sky is blue

Indazone
06-07-2010, 10:12 AM
MJ is still the GOAT !!!

ezau
06-07-2010, 10:26 AM

This is very true. When the Celtics win against the Lakers this year, Pierce will be 2-0 against Kobe. Would anybody even consider that Pierce is a top-50 player?

Ghazi
06-07-2010, 10:36 AM
FG % is an overrated stat... and

'04 Pistons and '08 Celtics if my info is right are historically great defensive teams.

It's not as if Kobe has a mental block when it comes to the Finals... it's just the defenses are generally better.. and in the case of the '04Pistons/'08 Celtics.... historically great

I wonder what his stats are if you take out THOSE two series.

Veterinarian
06-07-2010, 10:44 AM

'04 Pistons and '08 Celtics if my info is right are historically great defensive teams.

It's not as if Kobe has a mental block when it comes to the Finals... it's just the defenses are generally better.. and in the case of the '04Pistons/'08 Celtics.... historically great

Ok go by TS%. Jordan destroys Kobe in that as well.

Veterinarian
06-07-2010, 10:46 AM

Still nothing to be that proud of (for a supposed top 8 guy) and not in the same galaxy as Jordan.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155905

DAF86
06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Overreacting to one not great game.

No, he's just beign honest. The ones overreacting are those comparing Kobe to MJ.

MiamiHeat
06-08-2010, 07:40 PM

MJ's career FG% average as a Chicago Bull : over 50%.

With MJ, it's the EXCEPTION that he shoots poorly.

With Kobe, it's the norm. Kobe has never shot near 50% in a single season.