06-06-2010, 10:00 PM
It could happen...

lefty
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Shit

DOnt jinx it please

Spursfan092120
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Backdoor fucking sweep...Jordan did it to the Lakers back in the day..maybe it's Boston's turn.

namlook
06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
There's no way that happens. Bynum is starting to assert himself now. Lakers win at least one in Boston.

TampaDude
06-06-2010, 10:03 PM
This shit is going the distance. Book it.

ChrisRichards
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Stop disrespecting the Lakers. Boston at least in 6.

Amarelooms
06-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Doubt Boston can win 3 in a row at home...which would be 4 games in a row. Probably going 6-7 games now :elephant

ChrisRichards
06-06-2010, 10:05 PM
There's no way that happens. Bynum is starting to assert himself now. Lakers win at least one in Boston.
I have a feeling his knee is going to swell up for Tuesday's game. He'll be a non factor again.

Josepatches_
06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Detroit did it in 2004.Why not? Boston is a great team.Cleveland and Orlando were a better team than the Lakers but Boston won against them.

But it will be difficult to win 3 straight games

21_Blessings
06-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Just in time tlong. Work your magic for the Lakers.

bostonguy
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
:lmao

Hell no. Boston MIGHT win 1 more game unless KG somehow turns the clocks back. Pierce hasn't done shit all series either(Ron Artest is the main reason why). We won thanks to a strong first half from Ray Allen and Rondo's 4th quarter performance. Celts better get production out of KG or they have no chance in hell of winning this series.

TD 21
06-06-2010, 10:38 PM
The Pistons did it in '04 against the most dysfunctional team to ever make the finals (at least to my knowledge) and the Heat did it in '06 against the most mentally fragile team to ever make the finals (at least to my knowledge). Short of that, I've yet to see a team without home court sweep the middle three games of the finals.

It's a huge disadvantage for the team without home court and needs to be changed. Also, if you're the team with home court, you should never at any point in the series have played less home games.

All the Celtics did by winning game 2 is give themselves a chance to win this series. In a 2-3-2 format, the team without home court must win one of the first 2, so long as they're not playing against a joke opponent. This is because it's almost a given that the team without home court (in this case, the Celtics) will lose at least one game at home. Now, even if they do lose a game at home, they'd still set themselves up to have two chances to close it out on the road.

tlongII
06-06-2010, 10:39 PM

Bynum is about to take a cross-country flight during which his knee will probably swell up.

silverblk mystix
06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
IF the reffing was decent it would be celtics in 5...

but because of the refs---it will have to be celtics in 6

TD 21
06-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I still think the Lakers will win, but I'll say this: If the Celtics win this series, it goes down as not only one of the most improbable runs to a championship, but also one of the most impressive. They'll have taken down four All-NBA first team members and probably the consensus four best players in the league, as well as taken down the top three contenders for the championship and done so without the benefit of home court in each case. It's already been an impressive run, but a finals win would make it an incredible run.

Sisk
06-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Hell no. Boston MIGHT win 1 more game unless KG somehow turns the clocks back. Pierce hasn't done shit all series either(Ron Artest is the main reason why). We won thanks to a strong first half from Ray Allen and Rondo's 4th quarter performance. Celts better get production out of KG or they have no chance in hell of winning this series.

I hope he's not out of gas, but he looks pretty bad out there..

If he can show up though, it's Boston's to lose.

Jacob1983
06-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Boston in 7. Ray Allen as Finals MVP or maybe Ray Allen and Nate Robinson as Co-MVPs.

The Third Man
06-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I could see the Lakers taking it in 5 before the Celtics. Garnett and Pierce are playing like a pile of dogshit.

namlook
06-06-2010, 11:18 PM

KG can't matchup with Gasol at this stage of their careers. The Celtics need more than what he can give. Pierce and Allen will need to carry the load scoring if they want to win. KG is not going to suddenly rejuvenate himself.

namlook
06-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I still think the Lakers will win, but I'll say this: If the Celtics win this series, it goes down as not only one of the most improbable runs to a championship, but also one of the most impressive. They'll have taken down four All-NBA first team members and probably the consensus four best players in the league, as well as taken down the top three contenders for the championship and done so without the benefit of home court in each case. It's already been an impressive run, but a finals win would make it an incredible run.

The Celtics won in 08 because their front line dominated the Lakers. Based on what I have seen the first two games that is not going to happen this time. Bynum and Gasol outplaying KG and Perkins and Artest having the ability to defend Pierce will be the difference this time.

tlongII
06-06-2010, 11:35 PM
The Celtics won in 08 because their front line dominated the Lakers. Based on what I have seen the first two games that is not going to happen this time. Bynum and Gasol outplaying KG and Perkins and Artest having the ability to defend Pierce will be the difference this time.

They're going to Boston now. You're likely to see that FT differential reversed.

namlook
06-06-2010, 11:44 PM
They're going to Boston now. You're likely to see that FT differential reversed.

It was reversed in game 1.

23LeBronJames23
06-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Boston in 6

namlook
06-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Boston in 6

Celtics aren't coming into LA and winning a game 6 or 7. They better close it out in 5.

TampaDude
06-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Celtics aren't coming into LA and winning a game 6 or 7. They better close it out in 5.

Right...because we all know the Lakers don't lose at home in the playoffs...oh, wait... :lmao

23LeBronJames23
06-07-2010, 12:14 AM

Im sure Lakers will win atleast one more game.

4>0rings
06-07-2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalm_statue.jpg

Darrin
06-07-2010, 12:48 AM
It's a tale of two games. I think if the Lakers are able to play like they did in the second half, they will pull out one or two wins in Boston. If the Lakers play as frantic and unproductive as they did in the first half, the Celtics have a good chance to end this series. It just depends on which Lakers team shows up.

Bynum was playing hard, but he wasn't always effective.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 01:21 AM
If the Lakers play as frantic and unproductive as they did in the first half, the Celtics have a good chance to end this series.

Goods, precision style.

namlook
06-07-2010, 01:41 AM
Right...because we all know the Lakers don't lose at home in the playoffs...oh, wait... :lmao

If it's a must win game they won't lose at home.

Gutter92
06-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Celtics will win in 5. The overrated one will have lost to the Celtics with a supporting cast twice that of the chosen one. We're heading for another sub 50% shooting finals by Kobe, lets act surprised :lol

cy@

namlook
06-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Celtics will win in 5. The overrated one will have lost to the Celtics with a supporting cast twice that of the chosen one.

LOL. That's why the Cavs have had the best record two years in a row. They somehow manage to win the most games with an inferior supporting cast. Keep telling yourself that. That's called Lebron ain't winning shit when it matters denial. :lmao

crc21209
06-07-2010, 02:12 AM
If it's a must win game they won't lose at home.

:rolleyes

namlook
06-07-2010, 02:15 AM

This series isn't over my friends.

Amaso
06-07-2010, 02:25 AM
The only way the Lakers can lose this series is if Ray Allen can replicate his performance 3 more times this series. Let's be honest, Paul Pierce isn't the player he was in 2008, and I don't expect him to have any big games this series. Kevin Garnett isn't a threat to the Lakers, offensively or defensively. Rajon Rondo can put up numbers, they just need to keep playing him the way they are playing and actually put a body on him for rebounds.

Anyone who watched the game tonight knows the refs decided the outcome of the game. Yes, the first 3 quarters were horrible for both teams but 2 straight horrible calls on Kobe Bryant has consequences on both offense and defense. They all of a sudden become extremely predictable on offense and with Kobe and Ron Artest with 5 fouls, it becomes near impossible to guard anyone on the Celtics that penetrates. The 2 key players in this series are Kobe(obviously) and Ray Allen. Like I said in game 1, after the 2 foul calls early on Ray Allen the game was over right then and there (and i'll be the first to admit those were 2 borderline bad calls).

spurs10
06-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Why not? They certain did it tonight...what if Pierce and KG show up?