PDA

View Full Version : Good game Bean Town

Medvedenko
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Two great teams duking it out for 2 games now. This is what I expected to see after I've seen the C's win throughout the eastern playoffs. I didn't expect them to lay down. Now, the game was up for the taking and if not for some dubious calls it could have went either way. Still, the C's were the agressors and Rondo and Allen out played Dfish and Kobe.

I still see Lakers in 6, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes 7. I didn't see anything the C's were doing to really affect the Lakers too much like the Zone the Suns employed, however I did see a champion team play champion grind it out ball.

Ashy Larry
06-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Definitely agree. Boston did what they had to do. Lakers held their home court advantage all playoffs long and now the pressure is really on them. Hopefully they can steal two in Boston. The C's haven't been great at home during the regular season but this is a different beast.

ducks
06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
if not for some dubious calls it could have went either way

the refs gave the lakers way more free throws

but the refs did not change the outcome

ron cost the lakers alot
he held the ball to long and then missed

Def Rowe
06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Good game.

Giuseppe
06-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Poise personified by the Celtics tonite coupled with the unraveling of Bryant was a recipe for the disaster that befell us.

Ashy Larry
06-06-2010, 11:23 PM
if not for some dubious calls it could have went either way

the refs gave the lakers way more free throws

but the refs did not change the outcome

ron cost the lakers alot
he held the ball to long and then missed

I wouldn't even say that. Sure he was brutal. But even when the Lakers went ahead on that three point play by Kobe, they just couldn't get any damn stops.

You can't and I repeat, you can't have Pierce and KG go cold and Bynum and Gasol dominate and not win.

Rondo and Allen owned Kobe and Fisher. That's where the game was lost.

C's front line got in foul trouble and the Lakers big men dominated. Same went for the Celtics and their back court. Guess their back court did a little better than our front court.

DazedAndConfused
06-06-2010, 11:30 PM
The Celtics front line will continue to get dominated by ours.

Kobe has got to play well though and we cannot allow Ray Allen to set Final's records against us. If Kobe played even mediocre tonight and we hold Ray to his averages we win big.

LnGrrrR
06-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Fuck Boston, and all of their dick riders.

Somebody didn't get their bottle and naptime today.

4>0rings
06-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Fuck Boston, and all of their dick riders.lol stinky paki

oh crap
06-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I still see Lakers in 6, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes 7. I didn't see anything the C's were doing to really affect the Lakers too much like the Zone the Suns employed

crofl backhanded compliment. you just lost on your home court in a pivotal game but you didn't see any positive signs from the opposing team? suuure. garnett and pierce didn't even show up and they still got the W. your attempt at acting humbled falls short.

DazedAndConfused
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM
If Ray Allen doesn't go off and have the best 3pt Finals game in history in one half the Celtics lose again.

Lakers did a much better job of containing him in the 2nd half and kept Pierce and KG to miserable numbers again. They're actually not in as bad shape as it seems. Just need to get one game on the road.

namlook
06-07-2010, 12:02 AM
The best sign is the Lakers are winning the battles against the Celtics' front line. That kind of continued play is what is going to win them the series.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 12:02 AM
You're right, Dazed, in raw numbers it's 1-1.

DazedAndConfused
06-07-2010, 12:03 AM
If the Lakers can't win at least one game in Boston they never deserved to be champs IMHO.

Roddy Beaubois
lmo nicee boston won that shit. lmao luvva

crc21209
If Ray Allen doesn't go off and have the best 3pt Finals game in history in one half the Celtics lose again.

Lakers did a much better job of containing him in the 2nd half and kept Pierce and KG to miserable numbers again. They're actually not in as bad shape as it seems. Just need to get one game on the road.

Just goes to show that different players can step up at different points in a series. Tonight, it was Ray Allen. KG & Pierce have yet to play well in the series..

Venti Quattro
06-07-2010, 12:05 AM
If the Lakers can't win at least one game in Boston they never deserved to be champs IMHO.

Because we would lose 4-1. However, I really feel like we need to get TWO games in Boston.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 12:06 AM

Point.

Something will have to change though. Van Gundy was willing to repeat his mistakes time & again. Unfortunately Rivers won't abide that strategy.

Something/somebody (aside from Bryant) will have to take place in order for us to end this.

DazedAndConfused
06-07-2010, 12:06 AM
KG and Pierce have yet to play well because they are being defended well.

The Lakers didn't expect Ray to go off like this. Not in their wildest dreams. I'm not even sure the Celtics did to be honest.

TheMACHINE
06-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Bryant needs to play straight up on Rondo..none of that "Ill let you shoot" crap.

Medvedenko
06-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Bryant needs to play straight up on Rondo..none of that "Ill let you shoot" crap.

I agree, however you do this in doses and not full out. Keep him off balance.

Odom has yet to show up....he needs to for the Lakers to be successful.

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2010, 01:13 AM
I don't really see how Kobe's D on Rondo has been a problem at all..most of Rondo's offensive damage is coming in transition, loose balls/broken plays, rebounds..his jump shots have been off the pass for the most part IIRC..

Rondo has had trouble in the half court sets..he's having trouble finishing over Gasol and Bynum when they're both set, Kobe has contested his shots well IMO..I don't really see how changing the strategy in the half court will change anything, at least IMO..

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Odom has yet to show up

Ashamed he should be. They rang the bell when Kobe got his fourth. Odom never answered.

TheMACHINE
06-07-2010, 01:16 AM
I don't really see how Kobe's D on Rondo has been a problem at all..most of Rondo's offensive damage is coming in transition, loose balls/broken plays, rebounds..his jump shots have been off the pass for the most part IIRC..

Rondo has had trouble in the half court sets..he's having trouble finishing over Gasol and Bynum when they're both set, Kobe has contested his shots well IMO..I don't really see how changing the strategy in the half court will change anything, at least IMO..

Rondo made a couple shots cuz Bryant left him wide open..one time bryant sagged to tempt him and he went straight to the basket. I say just play him straight up. If you want to tempt him to shoot...then give him 2 feet of space...not fucking 5-6 feet. Giving him room will just give ROndo an easier time to pass it to Ray Allen on the move.

Venti Quattro
06-07-2010, 01:17 AM
lamar odom is already thinking of his honeymoon

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 01:19 AM
lamar odom is already thinking of his honeymoon

Please, #24, I beseech you, don't go Spursfan on me tonite. I've been checkin' assholes all night, and I didn't figure yours needed it.

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Rondo made a couple shots cuz Bryant left him wide open..one time bryant sagged to tempt him and he went straight to the basket. I say just play him straight up. If you want to tempt him to shoot...then give him 2 feet of space...not fucking 5-6 feet. Giving him room will just give ROndo an easier time to pass it to Ray Allen on the move.

Ya, I don't disagree, I'm just saying I found that the halfcourt D against Rondo was pretty good..

The difference with Rondo was in transition IMO..Boston doubled their points in transition in this game IIRC, and they also drew a decent amount of their fouls in transition too IIRC..

He also created plays off of his rebounds too, he got 4 offensive boards..one of them led to a FG for Rasheed off Rondo's pass from the board, one of them led to his own FG, one of them led to a Perkins or Garnett FG IIRC..

RedsLakers24
06-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Didn't see the game, but he Lakers shot like twice the FT boston shot and still lost?, But whatever, we need just one game in boston

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 06:39 AM
.....finish it.

pauls931
06-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Boston doing pretty good had to play without ray allen in game one and garnet the second game.

TheManFromAcme
06-07-2010, 07:39 AM

Agreed.

Nobody was/is going to get swept in this series. Game 1 was a fantastic win for us but to think Boston was going to roll over and die was idiotic. Like I mentioned on a previous thread, "Boston still has a lot of fight in em".
I still like our chances but "A" games on both sides is a must.

Good win Boston.
See you in bean town.

TinTin
06-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Didn't see the game, but he Lakers shot like twice the FT boston shot and still lost?, But whatever, we need just one game in boston

Shit you should sit down with pgdynasty and have a drink

boutons_deux
06-07-2010, 08:36 AM
With one exception in history (LA having been the only team to lose all 3 middle games), the best the Celts can expect is to come back to LA up 3-2.