PDA

View Full Version : Rocketsfans, forget Bosh. Your true target should be Stoudamire

Indazone
06-07-2010, 10:09 AM
http://culturemap.com/newsdetail/05-29-10-is-amare-stoudemire-one-game-away-from-joining-the-houston-rockets/

Stoudemire's been putting together the ultimate audition tape for any free agent suitors (Amare's a free agent at season's end and Suns owner Robert Sarver is too cheap and Suns general manager Steve Kerr is too Michael-Jordan dumb to resign him). One can only hope that Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has taken note of Stoudemire's spree.

For this isn't just a contract drive — it could the Rockets' avoid a mistake drive.

That blunder would be Chris Bosh, the Toronto Raptor All-Star forward who is still somehow on the top of Houston's free-agent wish list. The best move would still be to go insane on Dwyane Wade (especially if Morey truly believes that Yao Ming will be the Yao of old next season). But if the Rockets are fixated on getting another big, if they're that terrified of Yao's future health (and maybe they should be), at least grab the right power forward.

Bosh gets 10 times the praise Stoudemire receives while delivering one 10th of the results.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16104/source-amares-return-to-suns-unlikely

Will Amare Stoudemire re-sign with the Suns this summer? That's the question I posed Thursday to a source close to Stoudemire.

Stoudemire, you may remember, had his bags packed for weeks, expecting to be traded by the Suns near the February trade deadline. When potential trades fell apart at the deadline, Amare was furious and vowed to bolt Phoenix this summer when he could become an unrestricted free agent, a source close to the process told ESPN.com

Later that evening Amare, his agent, Happy Walters, Suns owner Robert Sarver and GM Steve Kerr sat down to dinner to try to hash things out.

The Suns must have had said something right. Stoudemire and the team got on a roll, the team's chemistry never looked better, and now Phoenix is playing the Lakers in the Western Conference finals.

Given how successful the team has been lately, could Amare re-sign with the Suns?

“I don't think it's going to happen," a source close to Stoudemire told ESPN. "Amare feels like the organization disrespected him. Amare loves his teammates and has really enjoyed playing for the team these last few months, but he's reluctant to commit to Phoenix long-term."

Ghazi
06-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Bosh is better than Amare.

Ghazi
06-07-2010, 10:15 AM
This articles like a week old.

Indazone
06-07-2010, 10:20 AM
So what if it's a week old. Nobody is even talking about Amare. So it's time. Amare Stoudamire is way better than Bosh. It's not even close.

Ghazi
06-07-2010, 10:21 AM
"way" better... meh

MmP
06-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't know where will Luis Scola fit in these Bosh/Amare projects.

Lars
06-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't know where will Luis Scola fit in these Bosh/Amare projects.

Scola is amazing. He can still get 35 minutes off the bench, especially with Yao seeing limited minutes. Stat/Yao can start, Scola can come in with Lowry and move Amare to the five.

Yao/Stat/Scola would be the best bigman rotation in the league.

Muser
06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Until Yao gets injured yeah.

Ghazi
06-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Until Yao gets injured yeah.

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Stoudemire, you may remember, had his bags packed for weeks, expecting to be traded by the Suns near the February trade deadline. When potential trades fell apart at the deadline, Amare was furious and vowed to bolt Phoenix this summer when he could become an unrestricted free agent, a source close to the process told ESPN.com

lol the delusions of grandeur Rocketfan has about the free agents they might get this summer.

This is a source Amare immediately denied and said there's a 50/50 chance about whether or not he stays or leaves. When interviewed about it, Amare was noticeably pissed that those rumors were surfacing, and there was a clip of him and Sarver laughing together at practice the following day.

If he does leave, it sure as fuck won't be for Houston. He's not gonna leave a city where he has business ties and is on a team that just made the conference finals for a city with a lottery team that he has absolutely no connection to in any way shape or form. It's between Phoenix and whatever team Wade ends up with, a 50/50 chance as Amare said. He has no interest in playing with Lebron, obviously isn't signing with Bosh's team, and doesn't wanna join a rebuilding team (which is what Houston is).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Amare Stoudamire is way better than Bosh. It's not even close.

I think Amare is better by an ever so slight margin, but I'm sure neither one is "way better" than the other. More or less the same player. Amare is better on offense, Bosh is a better rebounder, and they're both equally shitty pussified defenders.

Indazone
06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
-6ro_BRGlrU

Why we even talking about Bosh and putting up a Houston4Bosh website? C'mon the dude hasn't even mentioned the Rockets as where he'd like to play. Forget this wanker.

The Franchise
06-07-2010, 01:03 PM
lol the delusions of grandeur Rocketfan has about the free agents they might get this summer.

This is a source Amare immediately denied and said there's a 50/50 chance about whether or not he stays or leaves. When interviewed about it, Amare was noticeably pissed that those rumors were surfacing, and there was a clip of him and Sarver laughing together at practice the following day.

If he does leave, it sure as fuck won't be for Houston. He's not gonna leave a city where he has business ties and is on a team that just made the conference finals for a city with a lottery team that he has absolutely no connection to in any way shape or form. It's between Phoenix and whatever team Wade ends up with, a 50/50 chance as Amare said. He has no interest in playing with Lebron, obviously isn't signing with Bosh's team, and doesn't wanna join a rebuilding team (which is what Houston is).

I hope Amare stays in Phoenix so that when we stomp your ass next year it bothers you a little more.

Muser
06-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I hope Amare stays in Phoenix so that when we stomp your ass next year it bothers you a little more.

A lottery team is going to stomp a Conference finals team? lol.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2010, 02:54 PM

Please don't remind me, it's daunting just to think about the problems Phoenix is gonna have against Ariza, Jeffries and Scola. Not to mention all the havoc Yao will create in a suit on the bench.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2010, 02:55 PM
A lottery team is going to stomp a Conference finals team? lol.

For some reason Rocketfan and Hornetfan have been talking shit as if their team didn't just miss the playoffs.

"OUR FUTURE IS BETTER THAN YOURS :p: (even though there's no basis for that opinion)"

Reeko_Htown
06-07-2010, 02:56 PM
ahh, no.

Kai
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
For some reason Rocketfan and Hornetfan have been talking shit as if their team didn't just miss the playoffs.

"OUR FUTURE IS BETTER THAN YOURS :p: (even though there's no basis for that opinion)"
I'd have no problem saying the Rocket's future is brighter than the Suns...

BadOdor
06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Cool story, Kill bill.

baseline bum
06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah, Amare's going to be dying to take Houston's MLE.

Muser
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah, Amare's going to be dying to take Houston's MLE.

Didn't you hear? Morey = god. He can turn shit into all stars.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I'd have no problem saying the Rocket's future is brighter than the Suns...

Two things:

1) based on what? Are they about to draft the next MJ at #14?
2) Even if it's true, that's lame ass smack talk. "Boy, we might suck now, but just wait 3-4 years, we have a great future!'

redzero
06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
2) Even if it's true, that's lame ass smack talk. "Boy, we might suck now, but just wait 3-4 years, we have a great future!'

You aren't a fan of the Portland Trail Blazers school of trash talk?

djohn2oo8
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM

Well, we might be talking shit despite our team missing the playoffs, but we wouldn't give up on the series before it is even played. Just sayin'

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, we might be talking shit despite our team missing the playoffs, but we wouldn't give up on the series before it is even played. Just sayin'

Yeah, the later isn't as stupid as a lottery team's fanbase talking shit. We get it, Daryl Morey is the Will Hunting of Houston and can crunch numbers like no one can imagine.

Killakobe81
06-07-2010, 05:18 PM
LOL go insane for Wade ...

djohn2oo8
06-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, the later isn't as stupid as a lottery team's fanbase talking shit. We get it, Daryl Morey is the Will Hunting of Houston and can crunch numbers like no one can imagine.

So it's ok to talk shit if you make the playoffs? And not when you don't? Yeah I can say that I've been knob slobbin Morey, and frankly I'm tired of talkin about it,b/c I wanna see something happen, and b/c we all know what will happen with Yao.