PDA

View Full Version : LA Times says Celtics fans are delusional

tlongII
06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-20100607,0,4732293,full.column

The Celtics stink, and their fans pretty much know it.

They waited until after Game 2 before e-mailing their obscenities and asking, "What do you have to say about Boston now?"

A more confident lot would have e-mailed before the game, but no doubt they didn't think this was possible.

Goes to show you Celtics fans aren't all that swift either, forgetting the NBA motto "where amazing happens," as if there was any way the NBA wasn't going to fix things and stretch this dream matchup out as long as possible.

I know this, it didn't look to me as if the referees were in any hurry to call it a season any time soon.

Now it looks like Game 6 or 7 before it's settled, huge TV ratings, and don't know how the NBA made the Celtics appear younger, quicker and better in a matter of just days, but kudos.

It's best for TV anyway when the home team clinches a championship, so Game 6 or 7 it is.

As for now, I have only one concern: the Lakers.

A few minutes after his postgame news briefing, Coach Phil Jackson hinting the referees were tough to figure in Game 2, I stopped him in the hallway.

"I can't get a read on you," I said. "Are you upset, worried, or based on experience, is this just what you'd expect in the Finals?"

Jackson paused, and then said, "I'll just say it wasn't a surprise."

How could it not be a shocking development after the Lakers looked so good in Game 1, the Celtics so bad?

"Reading my team before the game, I thought this was a possibility," he said.

I don't like the sound of that, Jackson winning all those championships and knowing how difficult it is to put away an opponent, and before Game 2 he notices the possibility his team might lack killer instinct.

That's what bedeviled the Lakers most of the season, especially the last month before the playoffs began.

This should have been Andrew Bynum's game, every write-up beginning with his impressive play and the Celtics done for it, but instead the attention shifts to those missing in action, Ron Artest and Lamar Odom.

Now Boston probably thinks it has a chance, forgetting for a moment that Kevin Garnett is averaging four rebounds a game and will be two days older the next time the Celtics play the Lakers.

Didn't think any of this would be all that interesting, but all season long I've bemoaned the fact the Lakers haven't always acted like a championship team should.

As horrible as the Celtics might be, at least now they know they have to do more than just show up.

Who are the delusional ones? :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2010, 02:31 PM
the bully gets bullied back, playin excuses card

tlongII
06-07-2010, 02:38 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/hubble2016/bilde.jpg

You're going to see a much bigger celebration than that here next year.

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
its LA times .....they wouldnt say laker fans are delusional would they???

TheMACHINE
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
its LA times .....they wouldnt say laker fans are delusional would they???

hell yah they would. youre an idiot of u think LA Times is a bunch of homers.

DAF86
06-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Damn, this is journalism at its lowest.

Veterinarian
06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
:lmao at a professional sportswriter being totally susceptible to common internet trolling. He was even reduced to saying "The Celtics stink" as a comeback.

LnGrrrR
06-07-2010, 05:19 PM
LA Times also said that Pierce gets stabbed for fun. I'd take what they say with a grain of salt.

bdubya
06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
TJ Simers. :lol Wish I could find the video of his prediction for the '04 finals...still one of the funniest things ever.