PDA

View Full Version : 1-1 or 0-2?

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Are we better off 1-1 going to Boston/'10, or, 0-2 going home to Los Angeles/'08?

21_Blessings
06-07-2010, 08:08 PM
All I know is it'll be 2-1 Lakers after game 3 and the NBA Forum will be wetting their panties.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Actually a very good question. Hard to say. I think you're better off 0-2 going home to LA, because that home court means a lot to the Lakers, but if Kobe and Gasol can go crazy in game 3, you might be able to take home court advantage back. The thing is, with those vets on Boston, you won't be able to get in their heads...you're just going to have to outplay them. But they can...they just can't get rattled. We'll have to see.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
All I know is it'll be 2-1 Lakers after game 3 and the NBA Forum will be wetting their panties.
No we won't...it's quite possible it will be 2-1 Lakers...but you're not going to make Boston back down...it's going to be a tough series.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Actually a very good question. Hard to say. I think you're better off 0-2 going home to LA, because that home court means a lot to the Lakers, but if Kobe and Gasol can go crazy in game 3, you might be able to take home court advantage back. The thing is, with those vets on Boston, you won't be able to get in their heads...you're just going to have to outplay them. But they can...they just can't get rattled. We'll have to see.

We've been rattled two straight games. I just hope we don't have a complete mental breakdown in Game 3. If we do, the deathwatch will commence about 9PM PDT tomorrow evening.

LnGrrrR
06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Are we better off 1-1 going to Boston/'10, or, 0-2 going home to Los Angeles/'08?

1-1, definitely. Any win is better than no win.

dirk4mvp
06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
1-1

Of course Mavfan would say 0-2, given their unlucky Championship experience.lol

brah you sure have mavfans on your mind a lot.

lol greasy bastard

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
We've been rattled two straight games. I just hope we don't have a complete mental breakdown in Game 3. If we do, the deathwatch will commence about 9PM PDT tomorrow evening.
I don't think you guys were rattled in game 1...Game 2, yes...badly. But the Lakers are strong minded because of Kobe. If he can be Kobe, the best player in the league, and pull them together, they can get 1 or 2 in Boston...but he's gonna have to be perfect....and he can be.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
you're not going to make Boston back down

And that's the rub. We rang Vs. Orlando, but, we didn't earn it.

The path to ruination and rebirth was circumnavigated by Magic Johnson ('84-'85) to the redemption of our Laker Franchise.

We're once again dancing on the head of a pin, calamity beckoning us, tormenting our "Magic Johnson" with seeds of doubt awaiting and the freshening of the old script buried neath the old Boston Garden and awaiting excavation.

This is Bryant's moment. He must be better. There is another level. He must rise to it and carry us all into the light that Magic Johnson created.

dirk4mvp
06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm just thinking some pussy that's all.

more like we've gotten to you, and your butthurt is glaring.

midnightpulp
06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm just thinking about some pussy that's all.

So you admit that you define the rectum of a man as "pussy?"

And I doubt Koolaid_Man appreciates the way you're fantasizing about other men.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't think you guys were rattled in game 1...Game 2, yes...badly. But the Lakers are strong minded because of Kobe. If he can be Kobe, the best player in the league, and pull them together, they can get 1 or 2 in Boston...but he's gonna have to be perfect....and he can be.

We were rattled, especially Kobe. He was rushing everything. He's like a human VHS player now. His immaturity is rearing it's head:::he's been easily patient, the resistance to this point calculable and surmountable. His comfort level never threatened. Now, he feels the genuine "goodness" that Boston emanates. Ipso facto, Kobe wants to fast forward to the finish using his "record" to this point as license to "cut in line", cheat the system (so to speak). Orlando did not make him earn it, so he's bereft of that scaring, that low place where there is no direction cept up.

IronMexican
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
1-1.

dirk4mvp
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Explain to me how can a loser get to a winner?

Self explanatory to anyone who's been reading the nba forum recently while most mavfans here have taken turns taking a shit and smearing it on you.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:32 PM

The path to ruination and rebirth was circumnavigated by Magic Johnson ('84-'85) to the redemption of our Laker Franchise.

We're once again dancing on the head of a pin, calamity beckoning us, tormenting our "Magic Johnson" with seeds of doubt awaiting and the freshening of the old script buried neath the old Boston Garden and awaiting excavation.

This is Bryant's moment. He must be better. There is another level. He must rise to it and carry us all into the light that Magic Johnson created.
Very intelligent. You're exactly right. This is going to be about Kobe. If Kobe can be the player that we know he can be, LA can come out of this. But all these Laker fans saying "It's 1-1..everyone's freaking out..Lakers are still going to take this thing," are almost fooling themselves..that loss in Game 2 meant a lot more than the win in Game 1. Boston took the HCA away, they dominated on the road, and now, they have 3 straight games in Boston, with those insane fans. Kobe is going to have to be Kobe if LA wants this series. I think he wants it bad enough, but do the rest of them...that's the question.

LnGrrrR
06-07-2010, 08:34 PM

*applause*

Heck of a post Cully.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:34 PM
We were rattled, especially Kobe. He was rushing everything. He's like a human VHS player now. His immaturity is rearing it's head:::he's been easily patient, the resistance to this point calculable and surmountable. His comfort level never threatened. Now, he feels the genuine "goodness" that Boston emanates. Ipso facto, Kobe wants to fast forward to the finish using his "record" to this point as license to "cut in line", cheat the system (so to speak). Orlando did not make him earn it, so he's bereft of that scaring, that low place where there is no direction cept up.
Bottom line on this one is Orlando is a different team..young and inexperienced..I could have seen LA sweep that Orlando team. I'm not a Laker hater..I'm a Spurs fan, so I didn't care who came out of the East..but if I was a Laker hater, I would have rooted hard for Boston...strong minded, strong willed veterans, who can go off on a moment's notice.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Very intelligent. You're exactly right. This is going to be about Kobe. If Kobe can be the player that we know he can be, LA can come out of this. But all these Laker fans saying "It's 1-1..everyone's freaking out..Lakers are still going to take this thing," are almost fooling themselves..that loss in Game 2 meant a lot more than the win in Game 1. Boston took the HCA away, they dominated on the road, and now, they have 3 straight games in Boston, with those insane fans. Kobe is going to have to be Kobe if LA wants this series. I think he wants it bad enough, but do the rest of them...that's the question.

In strict raw numbers it is 1-1, nothing wrong with stating the obvious, but, the dynamics of failure now hang over Bryant. He was the catalyst to failure last night. They'll come for him again tomorrow night. He's not strong mentally. He genuinely wants to be, but, he can't get there in reality. So, in order for us to triumph in this series Kobe will have to transcend himself. He must metamorphasize over the next 5 games.

Magic did reinvent himself over the course of the '85 playoffs and Finals. But, Magic started from the bottom of the '84 Finals. Kobe is starting from a false premise of the top of the '09 Finals. If Bryant is ignorant OR arrogant about his station then our end is imminent.

LnGrrrR
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Celtics fans are living with their own worries as well Cully. Just as intelligent Laker fans don't want to see the renewed dominance of the men in green in this rivalry, so Celtics fans don't want to give up our franchise's greatest dual claims to fame: championships and dominance over the Lakers. Those two things are the only thing keeping Boston in the running for "Best NBA Franchise", and a loss in this series seriously cuts into our image.

Lakers fans will have next year... for Boston fans, this may be our last chance in who knows how long. Squander this, and it could be a long time in the wilderness. Bring the trophy home, and any future wilderness won't seem half as harsh.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:48 PM
In strict raw numbers it is 1-1, nothing wrong with stating the obvious, but, the dynamics of failure now hang over Bryant. He was the catalyst to failure last night. They'll come for him again tomorrow night. He's not strong mentally. He genuinely wants to be, but, he can't get there in reality. So, in order for us to triumph in this series Kobe will have to transcend himself. He must metamorphasize over the next 5 games.

Magic did reinvent himself over the course of the '85 playoffs and Finals. But, Magic started from the bottom of the '84 Finals. Kobe is starting from a false premise of the top of the '09 Finals. If Bryant is ignorant OR arrogant about his station then our end is imminent.
Here's the thing...I think Kobe NEEDS to be arrogant. Ignorant, no...but definitely arrogant. He needs to be the Kobe that thought he could beat the world. That Kobe can give confidence to his teammates. That Kobe can take a game over, no matter who he's going up against. That's who Ray Allen was in Game 2. That's who Paul Pierce is right now, saying they ain't going back to LA. That's who Kobe needs to be. And if he is, LA can win this series.

Giuseppe
06-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Bottom line on this one is Orlando is a different team..young and inexperienced.

And there is nothing wrong with goosing the ring count via Indiana, Philly, NJ and Orlando, it just does not prepare you for a legitimate team of worth.

And you have to strip yourself down to the core as Magic Johnson did in the backwash of the calamities of the '84 playoffs and Finals. It was he who was the catalyst for that failure and he knew it and went about the exploration of his own weaknesses in his soul in order to not only make himself worthy, but, to honor his teammates with his leadership.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:51 PM
And there is nothing wrong with goosing the ring count via Indiana, Philly, NJ and Orlando, it just does not prepare you for a legitimate team of worth.

And you have to strip yourself down to the core as Magic Johnson did in the backwash of the calamities of the '84 playoffs and Finals. It was he who was the catalyst for that failure and he knew it and went about the exploration of his own weaknesses in his soul in order to not only make himself worthy, but, to honor his teammates with his leadership.
That's what makes Magic the best Laker of all time, IMO...Kobe is second best, but what Magic did for that team is what puts him in that position, IMO. Magic made sure that anything he couldn't do, he knew how to fire up the guys who could do it, so what you had was a well oiled machine that could stop anybody.