PDA

View Full Version : ***Official respect for the 10 time champion LA Lakers thread***

midnightpulp
06-07-2010, 08:59 PM
A lot of hate thrown around lately toward the Los Angeles Lakers and their fans. I've done a fair share of hating as well, so I thought I'd make a positive thread about the Lakers.

They've given a lot to the League over the years, contributions they no doubt deserve respect for. They include:

Chick Hearn. Greatest NBA announcer of all-time and second best overall sports announcer in Southern California history.

The Logo.

Increasing society's awareness about the dangers of AIDS.

AC Green. A shining example of impulse control with a damn fine looking Jheri curl.

Giving hope to decrepit, Crypt Keeper looking, senior citizens everywhere that you too can bang hot co-eds.

A passionate minority fanbase:

http://freerangetalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/laker_2.jpg

As well as many great games and playoff memories over the years.

Here's to you, Los Angeles Lakers
:toast

dickface
06-07-2010, 09:01 PM
:tu

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2010, 10:31 PM
A lot of hate thrown around lately toward the Los Angeles Lakers and their fans. I've done a fair share of hating as well, so I thought I'd make a positive thread about the Lakers.

They've given a lot to the League over the years, contributions they no doubt deserve respect for. They include:

Chick Hearn. Greatest NBA announcer of all-time and second best overall sports announcer in Southern California history.

The Logo.

AC Green. A shining example of impulse control with a damn fine looking Jheri curl.

Giving hope to decrepit, Crypt Keeper looking, senior citizens everywhere that you too can bang hot co-eds.

Since I see you are a cum on the face cock sucker...and obviously pussy deprived with no life here's what I will do for you....Koolaids Tips For Getting Pussy...Feel free to pass the word to all of your jerk-off board buddies...

1.) Don't Trick what little money you earn. (no cards, flowers, or candy)

2.) No lies - but you can embellish

3.) Don't make a ho feel special

4.) Don't talk yourself out the pussy

5.) Remember Bitches wanna fuck

6.) Bitches like dominant men (this may be an area you can't compete in since you're probably a bitch yourself)

7.) Don't let her think you only want friendship

#5 and #7 go hand in hand....If you follow Koolaid's rules to the game you should be a able to stop taking cumshots to the face and bust a few of your own....

cobbler
06-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Chick Hearn. Greatest NBA announcer of all-time and second best overall sports announcer in SPORTS history.

The Logo.

Never got swept by the Suns!

Fixed that for ya...

ezau
06-08-2010, 12:25 AM

The Logo.

Getting ass-rammed by the Celtics nine times in the Finals since time immemorial

cobbler
06-08-2010, 01:17 AM
9 times losing to the Celts hurts. As you no doubt realize losing 8 of 11 playoffs to the Lakers. Ouuuch

ezau
06-08-2010, 01:20 AM
9 times losing to the Celts hurts. As you no doubt realize losing 8 of 11 playoffs to the Lakers. Ouuuch

Did you win 8 rings out of beating the crap out of the Spurs? No? So it's not the same buddy. Losing nine times in the Finals against the same opponent is just like getting a facial from the school bully that you always hated.

cobbler
06-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Did you win 8 rings out of beating the crap out of the Spurs? No? So it's not the same buddy. Losing nine times in the Finals against the same opponent is just like getting a facial from the school bully that you always hated.

They were the better team. I have no problem with that. So it's OK losing to a team in the playoffs 8 of 11 just as long as it's not the finals. I see.

TheMACHINE
06-08-2010, 01:41 AM

The Logo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/greyspursfan.jpg

cobbler
06-08-2010, 01:51 AM

Ill take 9 times losing to the Hall of Fame Celts in the 60's over a sweep by the Suns anyday!!!!

SWEPT BY THE SUNS!

:rolleyes

LnGrrrR
06-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Cobbler, who do you think is the best announcer of all time? Cosell? Harry Caray? Madden before he suffered from Alzheimer's? :lol

ezau
06-08-2010, 02:17 AM
They were the better team. I have no problem with that. So it's OK losing to a team in the playoffs 8 of 11 just as long as it's not the finals. I see.

It's a question of what's more painful. Look, seeing one team cumberstomping you year in, year out on their way to eight straight LOBs must feel like crap for the Lakers. With regard to the Lakers kicking the Spurs ass 8 of 11 times, well, you guys simply have the better team. I'm cool with that, brah.

ezau
06-08-2010, 02:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/greyspursfan.jpg

Is that Vanessa? She looks like Kim Kardashian in that pic.

ezau
06-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Ill take 9 times losing to the Hall of Fame Celts in the 60's over a sweep by the Suns anyday!!!!

SWEPT BY THE SUNS!

:rolleyes

The Suns were simply the better team this year, so I'm fine with that. Still, you can't take away the seasons that the Spurs dominated the Suns for the better part of the decade. So far, the Spurs have won 6 playoffs series against the Suns 4, so there.

cobbler
06-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Cobbler, who do you think is the best announcer of all time? Cosell? Harry Caray? Madden before he suffered from Alzheimer's? :lol

Without a doubt. Vin Scully

Chick is #2

cobbler
06-08-2010, 02:24 AM
the suns were simply the better team this year, so i'm fine with that. Still, you can't take away the seasons that the spurs dominated the suns for the better part of the decade. So far, the spurs have won 7 playoffs series against the suns 2, so there.

swept!

LnGrrrR
06-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Without a doubt. Vin Scully

Chick is #2

I think Vin Scully is a little beyond my time. Whenever I hear his name I just remember his cameo on the Simpsons where he was hawking some name-brand hot dogs... :lol

cobbler
06-08-2010, 02:26 AM
It's a question of what's more painful. Look, seeing one team cumberstomping you year in, year out on their way to eight straight LOBs must feel like crap for the Lakers. With regard to the Lakers kicking the Spurs ass 8 of 11 times, well, you guys simply have the better team. I'm cool with that, brah.

It is painful. But 50 years dulls the pain. Your pain at the hands of the Lakers and even more recently the Suns sweeping all came in the last 10-15 years.

But you're OK with the losses... so alls good. :toast

cobbler
06-08-2010, 02:28 AM
I think Vin Scully is a little beyond my time. Whenever I hear his name I just remember his cameo on the Simpsons where he was hawking some name-brand hot dogs... :lol

He's still at it. 60th year with the team. Calls them all!

LnGrrrR
06-08-2010, 02:30 AM
He's still at it. 60th year with the team. Calls them all!

Wow! That's pretty impressive. I'll have to listen to a game online sometime. The Sox have had some good play-by-play guys over the years, and the Pats as well. Celtics of course have Heinsohn, who is worth a laugh per game just by being a blatant homer. :lol

ezau
06-08-2010, 02:30 AM
It is painful. But 50 years dulls the pain. Your pain at the hands of the Lakers and even more recently the Suns sweeping all came in the last 10-15 years.

But you're OK with the losses... so alls good. :toast

Last I check, the 39-point skullfucking happened just two years ago. But since the Celts have always dominated the matchup since your dad's time, it's something you can live with right?

ezau
06-08-2010, 02:31 AM
swept!

6-4 :toast

cobbler
06-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Last I check, the 39-point skullfucking happened just two years ago. But since the Celts have always dominated the matchup since your dad's time, it's something you can live with right?

My time son. I was there watching them.

And no... it hurt to lose that one too. But the LOB the following year sure makes living with the loss a lot better. And going for back to back is sweet too. Hopefully we make it and avenge that loss. You know how sweet the repeat feels.... oh wait...

ezau
06-08-2010, 02:40 AM
My time son. I was there watching them.

And no... it hurt to lose that one too. But the LOB the following year sure makes living with the loss a lot better. And going for back to back is sweet too. Hopefully we make it and avenge that loss. You know how sweet the repeat feels.... oh wait...

The 2009 LOB needs an asterisk:toast

cobbler
06-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Wow! That's pretty impressive. I'll have to listen to a game online sometime. The Sox have had some good play-by-play guys over the years, and the Pats as well. Celtics of course have Heinsohn, who is worth a laugh per game just by being a blatant homer. :lol

God... I can't stand Heinsohn.

We are blessed here in LA with our sportcasters. We had Vin and Chick for the Dodgers and Lakers. We also have Bob Miller for the Kings. He's an excellent hockey play by play announcer.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2876400/best_southern_california_tv_sports.html?cat=2

cobbler
06-08-2010, 02:43 AM
The 2009 LOB needs an asterisk:toast

Why is that?

LnGrrrR
06-08-2010, 02:54 AM
God... I can't stand Heinsohn.

I can understand why anyone who's not a Celtics homer can't stand him. He's the biggest homer I think I've ever seen, and doesn't even pretend to be unbiased. Still, it makes me chuckle, with his "Tommy points".