PDA

View Full Version : The A-Team

redraiderinfiji
06-08-2010, 01:35 AM
I am psyched about this! It better not suck! This movie better not screw up the characters!

oh crap
06-08-2010, 01:37 AM
sigh

redraiderinfiji
06-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Dun dundda dun-Dunda dun......

manufan10
06-08-2010, 08:06 AM
I am psyched about this! It better not suck! This movie better not screw up the characters!

Agreed. I hope it's not a suckfest like with Dukes of Hazaard.

Drachen
06-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Not digging the Liam Neeson casting (great actor, but don't think he is right for the role). I am, however digging the parachuting inside of a tank, popping the hatch, and firing on attacking planes scene.

Blake
06-08-2010, 08:50 AM
not digging the liam neeson casting (great actor, but don't think he is right for the role).

+1

Hannibal (Peppard) was smiling all the time during the series.

I don't think Ive ever seen Liam crack a hint of a grin.

SpursStalker
06-08-2010, 08:53 AM

I predict that it will ...

:lol

manufan10
06-08-2010, 08:53 AM
The casting of Rampage Jackson as B.A. was a little confusing.. he just doesn't have that mean look that Mr. T gave. There were several other people that I thought could at least look the part.

manufan10
06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I predict that it will ...

Hey! Don't ruin it for me!! :depressed

Blake
06-08-2010, 08:56 AM
havent seen it since I was a kid, but things I recall about every single episode of ATeam:

-car flips over

-bad guy gets shot and falls from high place (roof,guard tower, terrace, etc)

-Hannibal dresses up in some crazy costume and then tries to get serious with the person hiring the Ateam

-BA says "I aint gettin on no plane, Hannibal"
Hannibal: "No problem BA......just drink this milk"
BA: Ok...I'll drink the milk.....but I aint gettin on no plane...."
BA: [drinks milk].....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........[wakes up in plane right after it lands]

-the team takes an old jeep/car/truck....finds some metal scraps......BA busts out his welding kit.......instant tank.

manufan10
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
havent seen it since I was a kid, but things I recall about every single episode of ATeam:

-car flips over

-Hannibal dresses up in some crazy costume and then tries to get serious with the person hiring the Ateam

BA: [drinks milk].....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........[wakes up in plane right after it lands]

Don't forget Face always having to break Murdock out of the mental institute!

Blake
06-08-2010, 09:00 AM

Don't forget Face always having to break Murdoch out of the mental institute!

thats right....

and then Hannibal would always say "Face, we need a Cadillac."

Face: "How the F$#@@ am I going to get a Cadillac here in the middle of nowhere."

Hannibal: "Because you are Face."

Then Face runs into a hot chick who happens to have a Cadillac and lets him take it.

SpursStalker
06-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey! Don't ruin it for me!! :depressed

You're not serious are you?

:wow

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Still can't believe that movie was made by the same guys that made supertroopers

Leetonidas
06-08-2010, 12:19 PM
A tank in the sky. Holy fuck.

IronMexican
06-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Commercials look good.

JudynTX
06-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I wanna see it. :lol

Sir Loin
06-08-2010, 09:37 PM
They got a good cast rampage is actually a pretty funny guy but lets see how his acting goes

ace3g
06-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Rampage is the only one I'm worried about the other 3 are top notch actors, Sharlto Copely is going to have a great career ahead of him

Sir Loin
06-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Definatly sharlto was the shit in district 9. And bradley cooper tears it up the the hangover and wedding crashers

manufan10
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Rampage is the only one I'm worried about

Same here.

Sportcamper
06-09-2010, 11:29 AM
When I saw the Pilot for the A team back in 1983 I thought this TV show is so horrible, so stupid that it would be lucky to film 3 episodes…Then it ran for 5 years…Now 27 years later they are making an A-Team movie…

Never over estimate the sophistication of the American viewing public…

manufan10
06-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking about going to the midnight showing.. I hope I get my money's worth!

manufan10
06-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Just got back from seeing this movie. It was pretty good. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I will say stay until the very end of the credits. There's a pleasant surprise.

ace3g
06-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Just got back from seeing this movie. It was pretty good. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I will say stay until the very end of the credits. There's a pleasant surprise.

+1 the stupid projectionist thought turned off the projector near the end of the end credits scene. I think it was over but felt like there might have been another 2 or 3 seconds left.

bigzak25
06-11-2010, 05:01 AM
I too look forward to seeing this movie. It is using our namesake, after-all.

rr2418
06-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I saw it this afternoon and it was a very good movie! Lots of action and many funny scenes. I never did see the series, so didn't quite know what to expect. Do stay past the credits though.

redzero
06-12-2010, 08:47 PM

-car flips over

-the team takes an old jeep/car/truck....finds some metal scraps......BA busts out his welding kit.......instant tank.

You were right about the plane thing and the cars flipping over.

ace3g
06-12-2010, 09:28 PM
they do give BA something to make him sleep before getting on the planes

ace3g
06-12-2010, 09:34 PM
by the way one of the dumbest quotes I've heard in a long time over at IMDB.....the cameos were too short

manufan10
06-13-2010, 12:18 AM
I was surprised that the critics were giving it horrible reviews. On Yahoo! the average was a C- from the critics, but the users gave it an A-.

Stringer_Bell
06-13-2010, 12:28 AM
I was surprised that the critics were giving it horrible reviews. On Yahoo! the average was a C- from the critics, but the users gave it an A-.

User reviews are mostly subject to "plants" from the studio, if you read the reviews it's easy to weed out which are actual people.

Who from Broken Lizard (super troopers) made this movie? I can't find anything.

Duff McCartney
06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't think anyone from Broken Lizard made this movie.

I saw it last night and it was pretty good. I'm sure they will make a sequel. Sharlto Copley is one hell of a great actor. He's only been in two movies and his acting is superb. I can't wait until they make the sequel to District 9.

G-Nob
06-14-2010, 01:31 PM

Opinions are like a-holes...

Not surprised an 80's movie theme isn't getting much critic love. Very hard to do something everyone loves without an original idea. Now that KK did so well at the box office this weekend, I'm waiting for Jaden Smith to redo Jake and the Fat Man.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately yes. Will Smith's shitty untalented kids are going to be shoved down our throats for the next few years.

celeb kids always get a free ride to into the industry :(

Mark in Austin
06-14-2010, 07:34 PM
celeb kids always get a free ride to into the industry :(

Especially when their movies open with a $40 Million+ weekend.

Blake
06-14-2010, 10:54 PM

they do give BA something to make him sleep before getting on the planes

sounds like Ill be waiting for it to come out on video

CuckingFunt
06-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Don't know where the Broken Lizard thing came from. The movie was made by Joe Carnahan, who made Narc and Smokin' Aces.

koriwhat
06-15-2010, 01:52 AM
entertaining to say the least.

Trainwreck2100
06-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Don't know where the Broken Lizard thing came from. The movie was made by Joe Carnahan, who made Narc and Smokin' Aces.

Broken lizard made dukes of hazard, anyone who didn't get that lack readig comprehension

CuckingFunt
06-15-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't think anyone from Broken Lizard made this movie.

anyone who didn't get that lack readig comprehension

Indeed.

monosylab1k
06-15-2010, 01:56 AM

Narc and half of Smokin Aces was genius. Hopefully The A-Team doesn't level things out and suck as much ass as the other half of Smokin' Aces, although I'm sure it does.

Trainwreck2100
06-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Narc and half of Smokin Aces was genius. Hopefully The A-Team doesn't level things out and suck as much ass as the other half of Smokin' Aces, although I'm sure it does.

son its hard to not top smoking aces with the cast they have for this movie.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2010, 01:59 AM

It's kind of a genuinely entertaining genuine suck.

Ignignokt
06-15-2010, 02:05 AM
It's kind of a genuinely entertaining genuine suck.

I want a manual on how to land a job as an Indie Pizza shop Prep worker who wears fidel castro hats, wears slacker glasses and buys used records. Can you show me how?

CuckingFunt
06-15-2010, 02:18 AM
I want a manual on how to land a job as an Indie Pizza shop Prep worker who wears fidel castro hats, wears slacker glasses and buys used records. Can you show me how?

You need to be shown how to wear a hat?

EricB
06-15-2010, 04:18 AM
I saw it. Thought it was entertaining, well cast, and very good.
Can't wait for the sequel. Some pretty damn funny lines

"Oooo just like in Call of Duty" :lmao

manufan10
06-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I saw it. Thought it was entertaining, well cast, and very good.
Can't wait for the sequel. Some pretty damn funny lines

"Oooo just like in Call of Duty" :lmao

That line cracked me up. :lol

Duff McCartney
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM

That's part of the original shows schtick. It had so many over the top action/explosion moments..and the movie has the same.

Trainwreck2100
06-15-2010, 06:03 PM
the best part was the 3d scene

manufan10
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
the best part was the 3d scene

:tu

That was a good one also.

rr2418
06-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately yes. Will Smith's shitty untalented kids are going to be shoved down our throats for the next few years.

I do agree that we'll probably see alot of Jaden Smith in the next few years, but I don't think you can call him untalented. :wow

KK was a very good movie as was A-Team, but it all depends what rocks your boat.

Trainwreck2100
06-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I do agree that we'll probably see alot of Jaden Smith in the next few years, but I don't think you can call him untalented. :wow

KK was a very good movie as was A-Team, but it all depends what rocks your boat.

Karate Kid was good cause of chan not smith

rr2418
06-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Karate Kid was good cause of chan not smith

Oh I agree that Jackie Chan made this movie go. In fact I think Chan was the perfect fit for this role IMO. Chan is funny, something that lets say a Jet Li, is not. I'm not saying that Jaden is a great actor, I'm just saying that he is talented IMO. I'm basically going on what I've seen other child actors do. Some seem to be reading from a script. Now, do I think Jaden got the part b/c of his dad? OH HELL YEAH I do!!!

Mark in Austin
06-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Saw it last night & loved it. The Murdock / BA chemistry is fantastic.