PDA

View Full Version : Baskonia Wants To Sell Tiago Splitter To European Club

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 09:24 AM
If he goes to NBA they only get 1 million euros. If he goes to a European club like Real Madrid, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos then they get 4 million euros.

Same thing as Rubio last year. His club does not want to release him and lose 3 million euros cash just as a favor.

http://www.blogdebasket.com/

ACB: Josean Querejeta pone en el mercado a Tiago Splitter
8 de Junio de 2010, Por: Juan C. Mingallón

Retweet este post

ACB: Josean Querejeta desea vender a Tiago Splitter

Josean Querejeta, presidente del Caja Laboral esta deseando vender a Tiago Splitter a algún club europeo e intentar convencer al pívot brasileño de que aparque su sueño NBA al menos durante un par de temporadas.

La cláusula de Tiago Splitter para un club europeo es de cuatro millones de euros, que se rebajaría para que los principales equipos europeos se peleen por el mejor pívot de Europa. La cláusula de escape a la NBA es de un millón de euros, cifra que no satisface al dirigente vitoriano, ya que tiene asumido que tiene perdido al pívot.

Veremos como se desarrollan los acontecimientos, ya que Tiago Splitter quiere intentar la aventura NBA y no ve con buenos ojos quedarse un par de años más en Europa, al menos a día de hoy.

tdunk21
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
translated version

Josean Querejeta, president of the Caja Laboral is willing to sell Tiago Splitter to a European club and try to convince the Brazilian power forward who park their dream NBA for at least a couple of seasons.

Tiago Splitter clause for a European club is four million, that would stoop so major European teams fight for the greatest center of Europe. The escape clause in the NBA is one million euros, a figure that does not meet the leader Vitoria, since it is assumed that you have lost at power forward.

We'll see how things develop, as Tiago Splitter NBA wants to try the adventure and not welcomed to stay a couple of years in Europe, at least today.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Let me get this straight -- Splitter's team would rather have 4 million Euros than 1 million Euros?

Shocking.

urunobili
06-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Josean Querejeta has fucked the Spurs before... no upsets here... he's doing what's predictable for the Spurs :wakeup

Mark in Austin
06-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Nothing new. If Splitter wants to come to the NBA, (exercise his NBA buyout) he will. If not I could care less where he plays in Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Nothing new. If Splitter wants to come to the NBA, (exercise his NBA buyout) he will. If not I could care less where he plays in Europe.

Spurs can only give $500,000 dollars to buyout. The NBA buyout is for €1 million euros ($1.2 million dollars). This means Splitter must pay $700,000 cash of his own money.

You just assume that Splitter has this amount of cash available? How do you know?

Mel_13
06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Spurs can only give $500,000 dollars to buyout. The NBA buyout is for €1 million euros ($1.2 million dollars). This means Splitter must pay $700,000 cash of his own money.

You just assume that Splitter has this amount of cash available? How do you know?

Even you're not that stupid. Splitter, like many before him, will pay his buyout from available funds or from the salary he will get from his new contract. The NBA buyout will not be an impediment to Splitter signing an NBA contract. If he wants to go to the NBA, he'll go.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 02:44 PM

You just assume that Splitter has this amount of cash available? How do you know?If he doesn't have the money in his pocket, a basketball player with a multimillion contract on the table can get a $700,000 loan.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Is that what the hell he's saying?It's exactly what he's saying. If Splitter wants to join the Spurs, there is nothing anyone can do to stop him.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Same thing as Rubio last year. His club does not want to release him and lose 3 million euros cash just as a favor.Rubio wanted to stay in Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Even you're not that stupid. Splitter, like many before him, will pay his buyout from available funds or from the salary he will get from his new contract. The NBA buyout will not be an impediment to Splitter signing an NBA contract. If he wants to go to the NBA, he'll go.

Wrong. Baskonia's buyout has to be paid up front not in installments.

Mel_13
06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Wrong. Baskonia's buyout has to be paid up front not in installments.

So he'll get a loan.

This is not an issue.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 02:58 PM
So he'll get a loan.

This is not an issue.

Wrong. He has to to pay buyout before he signs a contract with the Spurs. It is obvious you do not know anything about European contracts.

He either has $700,000 cash now or not. I am sure based on his salary that he probably has it. But it is stupid to assume that he does.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Wrong. He has to to pay buyout before he signs a contract with the Spurs. It is obvious you do not know anything about European contracts.

He either has $700,000 cash now or not. I am sure based on his salary that he probably has it. But it is stupid to assume that he does.You just assumed he probably does.

Mel_13
06-08-2010, 03:02 PM

He either has $700,000 cash now or not. I am sure based on his salary that he probably has it. But it is stupid to assume that he does.

He'll have no problem getting a loan for 700K. What part of that did your fake Greek brain not understand?

Mel_13
06-08-2010, 03:05 PM
You just assumed he probably does.

:lol

Shastafarian
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I admit I don't know a lot about European contracts but wouldn't Caja have say over where he goes since they currently have him under contract?

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
The contract has a buyout clauses that Splitter can exercise each offseason. The buyout amount if he goes to the NBA is lower than if he leaves for another European club. That is what is being discussed here.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
He'll have no problem getting a loan for 700K. What part of that did your fake Greek brain not understand?

he cannot get a loan because his contract has to be paid before he can sign with the Spurs.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I admit I don't know a lot about European contracts but wouldn't Caja have say over where he goes since they currently have him under contract?

They have some say in it yes. It is not something that Splitter just totally controls.

Spurs fans do not know anything about European contracts. For example if Baskonia finds a team that will pay 4 million euros before Splitter can leave for NBA then he would end up in another European team.

Sisk
06-08-2010, 03:54 PM
he cannot get a loan because his contract has to be paid before he can sign with the Spurs.

He can't go to a bank and get a loan? What the hell are you talking about?

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 03:54 PM
he cannot get a loan because his contract has to be paid before he can sign with the Spurs.:lol Do you even know what a loan is?

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 03:55 PM
They have some say in it yes. It is not something that Splitter just totally controls.

Spurs fans do not know anything about European contracts. For example if Baskonia finds a team that will pay 4 million euros before Splitter can leave for NBA then he would end up in another European team.Link?

The translation of the OP say he would want to "convince" Splitter to stay in Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 03:58 PM
He can't go to a bank and get a loan? What the hell are you talking about?

What the hell are you talking about? No bank in the world gives a loan when you have no income. If Splitter opts from his contract he has no income because he voids his contract in Spain and he CANNOT sign with the Spurs unless he pays all his buyout.

There is no bank in the world that gives loans when there is no income.

So unless a bank in San Antonio does him a favor that would not work.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Link?

The translation of the OP say he would want to "convince" Splitter to stay in Europe.

You do not understand European contracts. If a European team offers 4 million euros right now then Splitter would stay in Europe. It is not his choice as you are claiming.

It is the choice of if a European team would offer it or not. It is unlikely to me because Splitter is not good enough to be worth such a buyout.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 04:00 PM
You do not understand European contracts. If a European team offers 4 million euros right now then Splitter would stay in Europe. It is not his choice as you are claiming.

It is the choice of if a European team would offer it or not. It is unlikely to me because Splitter is not good enough to be worth such a buyout.I asked for a link.

You did not provide a link.

Therefore, it is safe to assume you are lying.

TheSpurglar
06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
What the hell are you talking about? No bank in the world gives a loan when you have no income. If Splitter opts from his contract he has no income because he voids his contract in Spain and he CANNOT sign with the Spurs unless he pays all his buyout.

?

I'm certain Splitter could make an arrangement with any bank to get a loan of $700k to pay his buyout. The Spurs would pay the rest of it, then immediately give him a contract, which he would then sign, and pay back his loan to the bank. This is not rocket science.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
There is no bank in the world that gives loans when there is no income.Lebron James' mom is laughing her ass off at you.

Sisk
06-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Ohhh KBP.. you really don't know much do you?

eisfeld
06-08-2010, 05:45 PM

It is the choice of if a European team would offer it or not. It is unlikely to me because Splitter is not good enough to be worth such a buyout.

Not a choice? Is he not a free man. His current Club can convince him to play in Europe but if he says no he's free to go to the NBA. It's as simple as it gets - If Splitter would get those 4 Millions then we could argue about it.

Please do me a favor and come up with something new. Not a single prediction of you has come true in the past few years. Billy is still not playing in the NBA - pretty amazing since he received at least 20 contract offers since he went to Europe.

TimmehC
06-08-2010, 05:47 PM
What the hell are you talking about? No bank in the world gives a loan when you have no income. If Splitter opts from his contract he has no income blahblahblah.

But you said he has to be able to pay the buyout up front before he can opt out? Therefore, he would still be under contract when applying for the loan.

Besides that, the Spurs can make him an offer before he even applies for the loan - he just can't sign it until after.

Mel_13
06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Please do me a favor and come up with something new. Not a single prediction of you has come true in the past few years. Billy is still not playing in the NBA - pretty amazing since he received at least 20 contract offers since he went to Europe.

:lmao

Mel_13
06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh, we can add banking and finance to the list of things the fake Greek knows nothing about.

BadOdor
06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
What happened to the Euro expansion into the NBA, comcast?