PDA

View Full Version : The Good Guys

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Anyone else catch this last night?

http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/thegoodguys.jpg

Great stuff. For anyone that didn't see it you're a damn fool! Given that the last few off beat cop shows that I've started threads over have gone belly up I guess I shouldn't be cursing it like this but it's a damn good show.

You've got Colin Hanks that the average straight laced, by-the-book cop who ends up babysitting Bradley Whitford's character- a burnt out cop the department can't brings itself to fire because of his past heroics whose brain seems stuck in 1985. The show was created by Matt Nix, who is also the guy behind Burn Notice aka the best show on television. It's hilarious and the climactic scenes are punctuated with only the finest arena rock music.

Mondays 9/8 c on Fox. Watch it.

Jacob1983
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
It's filmed in Dallas too.

eyeh8u
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
i give it my seal of approval, its not a thinking mans show, just a good fun show, like burn notice and white collar.

ChuckD
06-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Great stuff. For anyone that didn't see it you're a damn fool! Given that the last few off beat cop shows that I've started threads over have gone belly up I guess I shouldn't be cursing it like this but it's a damn good show.

If doesn't get ratings in like 4-5 episodes, FOX will kill it. Ironic that you started with that fear and ended with the likely cause.

They have a notoriously itchy trigger finger. Too bad a more patient network like USA or AMC couldn't pick it up. They'll actually let a good show find it's audience.

Jacob1983
06-08-2010, 11:38 PM
I like this show but I wouldn't be optimistic about the show surviving a full season. It's a summer show on FOX. That's a death sentence. It would have had a chance on USA, AMC, or maybe TNT. Burn Notice kicks ass.

ace3g
06-09-2010, 12:52 AM
another show that started on Monday was Persons Unknown on NBC. It is a miniseries so don't expect more seasons from the show, but the premiere was pretty good.

It is about 7 people who are kidnapped and brought to a ghost town. They have no idea why they are there, where they are, and who kidnapped them.

easjer
06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Oh, that does sound good. Is it available online?

And I really enjoyed The Good Guys. A lot of fun. I'm hopeful that if it doesn't take off on Fox, that a cable station might be willing to pick it up. This is one show whose filming budget can't be that big.

Creepn
06-09-2010, 01:44 PM
It's filmed in Dallas too.

Yup, in my apartment building too. Had all kinds of cameras all around the lobby. The trailer was parked in front of the building and I was tempted to go in to see if Tom Hank's son would be in there.

Roddy Beaubois
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
i give it my seal of approval, its not a thinking mans show, just a good fun show, like burn notice and white collar.

"Who the heck watches burn notice? Harris watches burn notice!"

eyeh8u
06-09-2010, 02:32 PM

a ton of people 6.8 for a basic cable show is astounding

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/04/thursday-cable-ratings-burn-notice-royal-pains-premieres-top-thursday/53257

Jacob1983
06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Burn Notice gets better ratings than a lot of shows on NBC, FOX, ABC, and the CW that air in primetime.

Roddy Beaubois
06-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Wait, people watch burn notice?

Ok, but no one watches Las Vegas, right?

ace3g
06-09-2010, 11:37 PM

Aziz Ansari is awesome

bigzak25
06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Anyone else catch this last night?

http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/thegoodguys.jpg

You've got Colin Hanks that the average straight laced, by-the-book cop who ends up babysitting Bradley Whitford's character- a burnt out cop the department can't brings itself to fire because of his past heroics whose brain seems stuck in 1985. The show was created by Matt Nix, who is also the guy behind Burn Notice aka the best show on television. It's hilarious and the climactic scenes are punctuated with only the finest arena rock music.

Thank-you Spurs Fan in Exile, I will make plans to watch it or record it on Monday night so i can watch it as time allows.

Your description sure sounds like a Good show.

Thanks man. :toast

lefty
06-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Isnt that the U.S version of a U.K series ?