PDA

View Full Version : Speaker/hadphone problems

IronMexican
06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
This shit is pissing me off. Sometimes my headphones work, and sometimes it will randomly switch over to the speakers. I could be in the middle of a song and this happens. It happened right after I downloaded some update for windows. Anyone know how to fix this?

PM5K
06-08-2010, 04:19 PM
System restore.

IronMexican
06-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I figured. Hasn't happened in a couple hours. If it does by the end of the day, I'm restoring.

Sense
06-09-2010, 12:41 AM
It happened to me once after an update too.... it was the driver.

IronMexican
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I can't update any drives. I have 13 more updates. If I get these updates and still have problems, I am going to restore to the 6th or 5th of this month.

IronMexican
06-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Still not working

ElNono
06-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Are you sure that the jack on the headphone isn't loose/making bad contact?
Most of the decent machines out there switch to speakers when they detect that the headphones have been disconnected.

Have you tried with different headphones?

IronMexican
06-09-2010, 06:24 PM
It's definitely something to do with the front audio panel. The back works with headphones, speakers. The front wont work at all. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the front panel. It's annoying the shit out of me. At the very worst, I'll have to tear this room apart and find that headphone hack extander, so this thing reaches me.

ElNono
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
It's definitely something to do with the front audio panel. The back works with headphones, speakers. The front wont work at all. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the front panel. It's annoying the shit out of me. At the very worst, I'll have to tear this room apart and find that headphone hack extander, so this thing reaches me.

Check the connection to the motherboard. May be just dust creeping in there.

IronMexican
06-09-2010, 06:34 PM
That was my next plan. Checking back in about 15-20 to hopefully just say it wasn't properly connected or something.

IronMexican
06-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Nothing. I'll ask my dad to look at this in about an hour. He's pretty good with electronics. If not, I'll just buy a new cord. Shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks.

ElNono
06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Nothing. I'll ask my dad to look at this in about an hour. He's pretty good with electronics. If not, I'll just buy a new cord. Shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks.

Right. Even the entire front panel shouldn't cost that much. Cheap chinese electronics FTW!