PDA

View Full Version : Solar Powered iPhone patents confirmed

DMX7
06-08-2010, 10:29 PM
http://news.discovery.com/tech/solar-powered-iphones-around-the-corner.html

This might turn off republicans who want a diesel powered version.

Wild Cobra
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
http://news.discovery.com/tech/solar-powered-iphones-around-the-corner.html

This might turn off republicans who want a diesel powered version.
I wonder how practical it is? I can see it reducing the time between charges a little for the normal user. How many people will let it out in the sun enough to stay charged? Most of us work indoors and put them in our pockets.

Wild Cobra
06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
i use mine on the beach
Then it would be a good deal for you.

ElNono
06-08-2010, 11:41 PM
I wonder how practical it is? I can see it reducing the time between charges a little for the normal user. How many people will let it out in the sun enough to stay charged? Most of us work indoors and put them in our pockets.

You don't necessarily need to put it under the sun all the time to get a charge. Solar cells do get a charge from artificial light also, albeit it's nowhere near as efficient as actual sunlight. But since most of us already have artificial light around us when we're not outside, it would be a freebie.

My 5 year old Waveceptor solar watch has been ticking away with the battery indicator always on high, and it mostly gets it's charge from artificial light.

ElNono
06-09-2010, 12:56 AM
BTW, what's this doing in the Politics forum? :lol

Blake
06-09-2010, 01:05 AM
first brain tumors, now melanoma

yay Iphone

Drachen
06-09-2010, 08:40 AM
with the amount of time people spend in their cars, perhaps putting it on your dashboard would show a marked improvement time between charges. I think that this is a good idea.
Another idea that I think is way past its time are smart chargers/plugs. We all hear about the amount of electricity/money that is wasted by us leaving things plugged in when not in use (chargers being the most chronicled), because the sap small amounts of wasted power until they are unplugged. Isn't there a way to have it completely stop drawing power the moment that the phone communicates that it is done charging? (similar processes could be devised for non-chargers like my VCR which I would like to get rid of but am not allowed to). It could even be some kind of third party device that you plug into the wall, then plug everything else into it (though in the case of chargers, it would seem better if the charger was engineered with the phone).

johnsmith
06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
BTW, what's this doing in the Politics forum? :lol

Because the douche that posted it couldn't resist being a partisan hack.

George Gervin's Afro
06-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Because the douche that posted it couldn't resist being a partisan hack.

you calling someone else a douche...:lmao

johnsmith
06-09-2010, 10:01 AM
you calling someone else a douche...:lmao

Nice. The ol' "yeah, well, you are too" insult.

But I do think it's refreshing that you aren't just blatantly stealing someone elses 'schtick' this time.

George Gervin's Afro
06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice. The ol' "yeah, well, you are too" insult.

But I do think it's refreshing that you aren't just blatantly stealing someone elses 'schtick' this time.

if you are going to accuse me of stealing I'd expect you'd have proof. I'll wait for it but I have a feeling you'll disappear like usual. why do you like to make claims that can't be verified or proven? Pretty weak intellectually but hey we already know you ain't the brightest tool in the shed..

johnsmith
06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
if you are going to accuse me of stealing I'd expect you'd have proof. I know this will come as a shock to you, but I have better things to do with my day then validate my claims that you stole Chump's 'schtick'.
I'll wait for it but I have a feeling you'll disappear like usual. You should keep waiting, in fact, wait all day.
why do you like to make claims that can't be verified or proven? It's not that I like it, it's that I feel obligated to point out how unorginal you are, you know, so the new members don't think you came up with anything on your own.
Pretty weak intellectually Unlike you, I prefer to save intellectual debate to things that matter, like, outside of your 'virtual world'.
but hey we already know you ain't the brightest tool in the shed.. I have nothing on this one, I just can't compete with awesome jokes like that.

George Gervin's Afro
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I know this will come as a shock to you, but I have better things to do with my day then validate my claims that you stole Chump's 'schtick'. You should keep waiting, in fact, wait all day. It's not that I like it, it's that I feel obligated to point out how unorginal you are, you know, so the new members don't think you came up with anything on your own. Unlike you, I prefer to save intellectual debate to things that matter, like, outside of your 'virtual world'. I have nothing on this one, I just can't compete with awesome jokes like that.

so you can't prove it? That's ok I figured you made it up. But hey I guess chump would be flattered that you are obsessed with him.

johnsmith
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
so you can't prove it? That's ok I figured you made it up. But hey I guess chump would be flattered that you are obsessed with him.

:lmao You're right dude. You win, I can't prove it. Now carry on pretending like you came up with your own 'cyber personality' and didn't steal it from others.

:lol

George Gervin's Afro
06-09-2010, 10:26 AM
:lmao You're right dude. You win, I can't prove it.

Ok, at least you admit that you just make stuff up. Very big of you.

jack sommerset
06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I know this will come as a shock to you, but I have better things to do with my day then validate my claims that you stole Chump's 'schtick'.

It reminds me of the Single White Female movie.