Mel_13
06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Hill is opting in:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5265972

Amare is opting out if he can't get a max extension:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5266289

IronMexican
06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Not to DoK. :lmao lol liking Amare more than Hill.

Findog
06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Not worth a max contract

pauls931
06-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Hill is opting in:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5265972

Amare is opting out if he can't get a max extension:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5266289

Lights been out in San Antonio for years now...

Giuseppe
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Other than at least a failed elimination games Finals appearance Sarver never had any intention of giving Amare the max. Amare is too stupid to know that, but, I bet his people know it and have clued him in.

Kerr is a sneaky little prick and has been stringing it along meticulously.

That's all over now. It's super max time.

They ain't gonna pay it. Amare is too leaky a vessel to sink $140 million into and EVERYONE knows it, but, nary a word is uttered about it cept on these type Boards and Sose's Joint. Even Media is in bed with Sarver and the cone of silence has been dropped and abided.

dbestpro
06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
This is why I felt that when the Suns went to the WCF it provided enough for another team to give Amare the max. There are just too many teams with money verses elite level players for him to not get the max. Even when the Suns finally beat the Spurs they lose.

Giuseppe
06-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Somebody would've given Amare the max if the Suns hadn't made the playoffs. Sure, we're keen to the ring count, but, foremost it's business, and Amare is good business. He'll goose the gate and sell mucho wampum.

In actual reality, Amare is the pick of the free agent litter.

And his people know it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Not to DoK. :lmao lol liking Amare more than Hill.

Yup, Grant Hill is a muthafuckin beast! Hill > Amare

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2010, 01:39 PM
And he's not gonna get that long a contract with Phoenix which I'm ok with, I just hope now they rebuild instead of try to quick fix it with Loozer or Dirk.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
This is why I felt that when the Suns went to the WCF it provided enough for another team to give Amare the max. There are just too many teams with money verses elite level players for him to not get the max. Even when the Suns finally beat the Spurs they lose.

And when the Spurs lose to the Suns, they really lose!

DJ Mbenga
06-09-2010, 01:56 PM
he wants the max? kerr better open that door for him on the way out

Pelicans78
06-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Question is how much is Amare worth. He's a very good player no doubt, but we all know he's probably not getting the max. Honestly, only Lebron and D-Wade deserve the max this offseason. Bosh and Amare are a tier below IMO.

Obviously, there will be a lockout after this up-coming season with the owners hoping to completely change the CBA. So how much will any owner be willing to pay Amare this offseason? Would any here give him more than a one year 10 million salary?

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2010, 02:52 PM

you dumbass he wasn't saying goodnight, goodbye, he was saying good night, fortuitous evening.

z0sa
06-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Did it start the year we won the title, the year we went to the WCF, or the year our #2 option DNP in the playoffs?

Giuseppe
06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Good God, a Spursdom pity party is about to commence.

Mel_13
06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
you dumbass he wasn't saying goodnight, goodbye, he was saying good night, fortuitous evening.

:tu

I didn't understand the point of his post until you said this.

He's the only one who read it the other way. Clearly, Hill at 3.2M is a bargain and Amare at the max would be an albatross. So, yes a very fortunate evening for the Phoenix Suns.

da_suns_fan
06-09-2010, 10:56 PM
My OFFICIAL Offseason prediction:

Lebron stays.

Wade stays.

Bosh to Miami.

Amare to New York.

Joe Johnson to New York.

NY is going to get desperate when they cant Lebron or Wade and is going to offer MAX money to the b-list stars.

Findog
06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
My OFFICIAL Offseason prediction:

Lebron stays.

Wade stays.

Bosh to Miami.

Amare to New York.

Joe Johnson to New York.

NY is going to get desperate when they cant Lebron or Wade and is going to offer MAX money to the b-list stars.

What's your prediction for Dirk? If Amare leaves, that doesn't free up a max slot for Dirk unless they can get somebody to take Barbosa off their hands. But would Dirk take a substantial paycut to team up with Nash again?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Hill at 3.2M is a bargain

:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 11:56 AM
What's your prediction for Dirk? If Amare leaves, that doesn't free up a max slot for Dirk unless they can get somebody to take Barbosa off their hands. But would Dirk take a substantial paycut to team up with Nash again?

IMO, Dirk is staying in Dallas regardless, but the rumor is Phoenix would give Dirk the biggest contract they can give him for one year and promise him that next year when the Suns have even more cap room he'd get a max level deal (probably in the 3 year range).

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2010, 01:33 PM
JJ gettin max is bs to me, dude is fkn overrated

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure why people think max contracts are exclusive to Lebron James and Kobe Bryant. Look at the players who currently have max deals or really close to it:

Rashard Lewis
Michael Redd
Jermaine O'Neal
Yao Ming
Tracy McGrady
Ak-47
Gilbert Arenas
etc.

Amare and JJ are ideal max contract players but it wouldn't be some ridiculous undeserving monstrosity for them to get max deals.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Amare and JJ are ideal max contract players

Roddy Beaubois
06-10-2010, 01:51 PM
pretty sure thats an obvious typo mel

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 01:55 PM
pretty sure thats an obvious typo mel

Most likely, but then again he thinks that Hill for 1yr/3.2M isn't a good deal, so you never know.

BadOdor
06-10-2010, 01:55 PM
It's not. For some reason, DoK has an Amare fetish.

Roddy Beaubois
06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
"Amare and JJ are ideal max contract players but it wouldn't be some ridiculous undeserving monstrosity for them to get max deals."
:lol
Read the sentence how it is. Doesn't make sense that way. typo.

BadOdor
06-10-2010, 01:58 PM
DoK still has a fetish for Amare though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM

:lol meant to say not ideal max contract players. The only two "ideal" max contract players in the NBA today are Lebron and Kobe.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Glad to see at least someone (Roddy) knows how to use context clues.

BadOdor
06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Sons, that doesn't change the fact you wanna pat 4 rebound ecstasy a max contract for some reason.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Most likely, but then again he thinks that Hill for 1yr/3.2M isn't a good deal, so you never know.

It's not. Grant Hill is a shitty defender these days and wildly inconsistent offensive player.

lol getting bukkaked by Peja Stojakovic

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200911190NOH.html

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Sons, that doesn't change the fact you wanna pat 4 rebound ecstasy a max contract for some reason.

Depends. I don't wanna give him a full extension where he picks up his option then gets 5 more years, but if he picked up his option and got a 3 year deal with max money or close to it I'd be ok with it.

Tbh, idk why I take so much shit for hoping the Suns give Amare a max range deal yet no one thinks Rocketfan is moronic for being OK with Yao having a max deal. I really don't care, it just makes no sense.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 02:17 PM
It's not. Grant Hill is a shitty defender these days and wildly inconsistent offensive player.

lol getting bukkaked by Peja Stojakovic

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200911190NOH.html

You don't see it as unreasonable that Amare will get the max, but you think 3.2M for Grant Hill is above his market value.

21_Blessings
06-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Rocketfan defended T-Quit for years. Not surprising.

But Amare isn't worth the max unless you already have a championship caliber squad in place and you're just trying to stockpile talent. And that only works if you don't care about paying tax.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM

You don't see it as unreasonable that Amare will get the max, but you think 3.2M for Grant Hill is above his market value.

If you wanna talk about market value, then I'd love to hear why Amare getting the max is so far above his market value in a league where Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Redd have max deals.

EDIT: I still don't get why 3.2M is such a bargain for someone with the defensive capabilities of a walking corpse.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
If you wanna talk about market value, then I'd love to hear why Amare getting the max is so far above his market value in a league where Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Redd have max deals.

You laughed at the notion that 3.2M for Hill was a bargain. Are you saying he couldn't have gotten more if he had opted out?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
You laughed at the notion that 3.2M for Hill was a bargain. Are you saying he couldn't have gotten more if he had opted out?

Yes I am saying that he would not have gotten more. He tried to get more last season and failed miserably.

Now explain why Amare getting a max deal is so outrageous in a league where the players mentioned also have max deals.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Yes I am saying that he would not have gotten more. He tried to get more last season and failed miserably.

Now explain why Amare getting a max deal is so outrageous in a league where the players mentioned also have max deals.

I don't at all agree with the first part, but I have no interest in arguing the market value of Grant Hill. You think that he couldn't get more than a one year deal for 55% of the MLE, fine.

On the second part, I've never said Amare wouldn't get a max deal. I'm simply of the opinion that the team that gives him a max deal will regret it long before the contract expires.

The economics of the summer of 2010 mean that Amare's price will be at the max or very close to it. Some team will give it to him. It doesn't mean it will be a good idea to pay that price. I certainly wouldn't want him on my team at that price. Thus the thread title. IMO, Phoenix will be better off letting Amare walk than giving him a max extension.

21_Blessings
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM

Because the system is broken. Which is why we'll most likely see a work stoppage in 2011.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't at all agree with the first part, but I have no interest in arguing the market value of Grant Hill. You think that he couldn't get more than a one year deal for 55% of the MLE, fine.

On the second part, I've never said Amare wouldn't get a max deal. I'm simply of the opinion that the team that gives him a max deal will regret it long before the contract expires.

The economics of the summer of 2010 mean that Amare's price will be at the max or very close to it. Some team will give it to him. It doesn't mean it will be a good idea to pay that price. I certainly wouldn't want him on my team at that price. Thus the thread title. IMO, Phoenix will be better off letting Amare walk than giving him a max extension.

There's no way you can definitively say Phoenix will be worse off/better off letting him leave/resigning him. If they let him leave and find the next superstar in the draft, yeah they were better off letting him leave. If they let him leave, never find an adequate replacement while he's on another team and his knee never becomes an issue, it was a decision that hurt Phoenix. There are too many ifs and maybes to say one way or another.

Just a hunch, but Amare might just be saying this so teams don't low ball him if he hits free agency. If he really wanted nothing short of a max deal, then what the hell could Kerr and Amare's agent be "negotiating" about? If it really were the case, his agent woulda simply faxed Kerr a max offer and said you have till June 30th to accept this or my client is becoming a free agent.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Because the system is broken. Which is why we'll most likely see a work stoppage in 2011.

I can't disagree there, my only point is that given how the NBA is currently constructed Amare getting a max deal is raising a lot more eyebrows than it should.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
There's no way you can definitively say

Obviously, there are many variables that will come into play over the next 5-6 NBA seasons. Everything said on this topic is an opinion.

My opinion is that Amare will not play up to a max contract and that the team that signs him will regret the decision long before the contract expires.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 02:56 PM
that the team that signs him will regret the decision long before the contract expires.

This part I agree with completely, which is why I'd rather him leave than get a max 5 year deal. 3 year deal different story.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 03:01 PM
This part I agree with completely, which is why I'd rather him leave than get a max 5 year deal.

That's been my point since the first post.

Kamnik
06-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Amare will definetly get a 5 year deal somewhere and he is going to take it.

And the team that offers the most money and the longest deal is NOT going to be Phoenix Suns.

Sign&trade is the best possible outcome. Second best is letting him go.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Amare will definetly get a 5 year deal somewhere and he is going to take it.

And the team that offers the most money and the longest deal is NOT going to be Phoenix Suns.

Sign&trade is the best possible outcome. Second best is letting him go.

Completely agree.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
It's too bad he'd never want to go to a shitty rebuilding team like Houston because they have some assets to give in a S&T.

LnGrrrR
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
It's too bad he'd never want to go to a shitty rebuilding team like Houston because they have some assets to give in a S&T.

DoK, assuming a S&T, what do you think would be the best possible, realistic deal?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 05:01 PM
DoK, assuming a S&T, what do you think would be the best possible, realistic deal?

Well Phoenix will have some leverage because Amare can get a 6 year deal in a S&T. As much as he'll never admit it, Amare wants as much guaranteed money as possible in this next deal given how the health of his knee might be deteriorated when the contract is up. The 3 realistic destinations are NY, NJ and Miami. If it's a situation where a team whiffed on the other free agents and has tons of cap room beyond Amare, then pawn off Barbosa if possible.

If it's New Jersey, I'd be more than content with Terrence Williams + JianLian + 2011 1st rounder

If it's New York, I'd be happy with Bill Walker/Wilson Chandler + Toney Douglas + whenever the fuck their next 1st round pick they haven't traded is. I'd mention Galinari but I doubt NY trades him.

If it's Miami then Deaquean Cook + Beasley + 2011 1st rounder

crc21209
06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I think next year will be the year that age and health catch up to Grant Hill...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
If Amare leaves there's really no point in keeping guys like Nash and Hill around. Hopefully Kerr and Sarver would be ballsy enough to just gut the team assuming it happens.