PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks & Blazers Trade Proposal

mikeschy55
06-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Bulter, JJ Barea, future 1st rounder to Portland
Oden and Martel Webster to Dallas

Proposed on another board elsewhere. Portland gets rid of a bad contract and obtains Butler and a reliable PG at only $1.8 million.

What would Dallas have to do to make it work?

Chieflion
06-09-2010, 01:46 AM
It includes Oden. Just shut it down immediately. The Blazers are not going to trade him.

dickface
06-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Dude, Mavs fans take enough crap as it is on this board, don't make it any worse with stupid ass trade proposals like this.

anyways, Mavs are getting leBron so they don't need anything from Portland.

mikeschy55
06-09-2010, 01:51 AM
It includes Oden. Just shut it down immediately. The Blazers are not going to trade him.

He did just shatter his knee cap.... thought it was worth a try at least.

mikeschy55
06-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Dude, Mavs fans take enough crap as it is on this board, don't make it any worse with stupid ass trade proposals like this.

anyways, Mavs are getting leBron so they don't need anything from Portland.

Mavs aren't getting Lebron, most Mavs fans aren't that delusional. Oden on the other hand has yet to have a break out season and has spent the majority of his career on the bench with injuries. Getting a proven all-star, a 1st rounder and a legit back up PG (which the Blazers are in need of) while clearing cap space for an unproven commodity doesn't sound like a pipe dream to me. A long shot? Sure.... but that's how all proposals start. What if the Mavericks replace JJ Barea with Roddy Beaubois?

Amarelooms
06-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Mavs aren't getting Lebron, most Mavs fans aren't that delusional. Oden on the other hand has yet to have a break out season and has spent the majority of his career on the bench with injuries. Getting a proven all-star, a 1st rounder and a legit back up PG (which the Blazers are in need of) while clearing cap space for an unproven commodity doesn't sound like a pipe dream to me. A long shot? Sure.... but that's how all proposals start. What if the Mavericks replace JJ Barea with Roddy Beaubois?

Shut up dummy...Roddy will not be traded. Oden lol...you idiot

:elephant

pauls931
06-09-2010, 08:34 AM
How about Lopez and picks from Pho to Sportland for him? Let the Suns medical staff have a shot at him.

Man About Town
06-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Blazers aren't ready yet to give up on Oden.

mikeschy55
06-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Shut up dummy...Roddy will not be traded. Oden lol...you idiot

:elephant

It's Mavs fans like you. Can't stand the thought that Roddy could be traded and no ones good enough except Lebron or Wade.

Reality Check: The Mavs aren't getting ANY impact player without giving up Roddy in all probability. I know you don't want to hear that, but that's the way it is. No one's giving up an all-star for Erick Dampier's contract and an over the hill Butler. Guarantee it. :wakeup

And Oden's nothing to laugh about. Oden has the potential to be a very dominant big man (top 2-3 center in the league type dominance) in this league for years to come.

tlongII
06-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Sorry. Not happening. And Barea is a reliable PG??? :lmao

Killakobe81
06-09-2010, 10:18 AM
LOL. roddy has some gret potential ...but why trade it for even shakier (medical-wise)potential in Oden?

I agree Mavs fan wants to act like they can only trade roddy in a wade or Lebron deal ...but if the goal is to win (titles) soon ...you want proven players not young guys with high cielings ...if you are looking towards the future trade for Anthony Randolph ad you build around dirk while you develop those guys ...

only problem is Dirk wont want to rebuild ...

so if you keeping dirk roddy and damp's contract are the only valuable trade chips you have.

JamStone
06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Blazers counter with Joel Przybilla and Jerryd Bayless for Najera, Stevenson, and Roddy Beaubois.

Killakobe81
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Blazers counter with Joel Przybilla and Jerryd Bayless for Najera, Stevenson, and Roddy Beaubois.

Much like with Rondo kidd needs a great shooting 2 guard in the backcourt with him to offset his weak deep jumper and lack of mid range game ...

manufan10
06-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I thought only Spurs fans made delusional trade proposals.

21_Blessings
06-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Maybe the Blazers should hire a GM first

Killakobe81
06-09-2010, 10:57 AM

Much like with Rondo kidd needs a great shooting 2 guard in the backcourt with him to offset his weak deep jumper and lack of mid range game ...

fo'shizzle
06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Screw this proposal! lol

BUMP
06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I never understood the point of making trade proposal threads. Is it just me?

I mean nobody really wants to hear what you think might be a cool trade if there's 0% chance it will happen. I mean I can make pointless threads all day about people trading superstars for superstars even though there's no way it will happen.

Hey everybody, what if the Spurs traded Tim Duncan, Manu, and Tony for Kobe and Gasol I mean the Lakers would get solid veteran experience and.....

Who fucking cares!?!?!!?

mikeschy55
06-09-2010, 05:59 PM
LOL. roddy has some gret potential ...but why trade it for even shakier (medical-wise)potential in Oden?

I agree Mavs fan wants to act like they can only trade roddy in a wade or Lebron deal ...but if the goal is to win (titles) soon ...you want proven players not young guys with high cielings ...if you are looking towards the future trade for Anthony Randolph ad you build around dirk while you develop those guys ...

only problem is Dirk wont want to rebuild ...

so if you keeping dirk roddy and damp's contract are the only valuable trade chips you have.

I consider Butler a valuable chip as well. Averaged 17 pts last year and he's an expiring contract. Dampier's contract, Butler, and Roddy make up the vast majority of our trade assets. We have a couple more expirings too... but so does just about everyone.

mikeschy55
06-09-2010, 06:02 PM

The Mavs wouldn't want Pryz.... they plan on having Haywood and Dampier back (I'm lead to believe at least). I know Pryz is expiring, but Cuban isn't looking to save money and we already have the biggest instant expiring contract this summer has to offer.

So essentially... the trade would be Bayless for Beaubois, which the Mavs would respond HELL NO