PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Are the Celtics pointing out the Spurs missteps?

Blackjack
06-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Are the Celtics pointing out the Spurs missteps?
by Andrew A. McNeill

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/duncan-garnett1.jpg

An aging, future-Hall-of-Fame big man. A 30-something shooting guard. A veteran post presence looking for another shot at an NBA title. Um, a ginger.

There are several similarities between the San Antonio Spurs and Boston Celtics. Two years ago, even more so. But since, their roads have forked a bit.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/06/09/san-antonio-spurs-boston-celtics-defensive-principles/#more-8642)

DBMethos
06-09-2010, 12:18 PM
One difference between the two: their ginger isn't counted on for 15-20 minutes per night, hitting 50% of his 3's and defending the mobile bigs that cause us so much trouble...ours is. :bang

Fabbs
06-09-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153965&highlight=Celtics

Fabbs
06-09-2010, 01:13 PM
One difference between the two: their ginger isn't counted on for 15-20 minutes per night, hitting 50% of his 3's and defending the mobile bigs that cause us so much trouble...ours is. :bang
Known by 5 year old basketball strategists everywhere.
Except in this land: :pop:

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2010, 01:19 PM
One team plays in the East...

Fabbs
06-09-2010, 01:30 PM
One team plays in the East...
And pounded the Lakers 4-1 in the 2008 Finals.
Same team, same year this guy :pop: bowed down to 1-4.

Cry Havoc
06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Mostly from what I've noticed.... the Celtics have better shooters than we do. A lot better.

And seriously... Bonner vs. Perkins.... lol

Sigh.... if we had a young Bowen this year it would have made a hell of a difference. An extra stopper, plus a corner three guy. Just what this team needs to stretch the other team's defense.

He was perhaps the best "role-player" (I hate that term) in NBA history.

hater
06-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Question is would the Celtics win anything giving Bonner major minutes??

Celtics front line is underrated. Big Baby + Perkins are beasts.

Garnett = Duncan
Perkins > Dyce
Baby > Blair
Sheed >>>>>>>>>>> ?... Bonner :bang

dbestpro
06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
When the Celtics play agressive D they win, just like we use to. When they do not play agressive D they lose, just like we do now.

sabar
06-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Celtics have yet to win anything and are likely to lose to LA. Gasol trade changed everything. With true big men dying out and getting old/slow, LA has a huge advantage over the next few years with a 29 year old big that actually plays like a big and has the size of a big. TD and KG are going downhill with no turnaround and there isn't any free agent that can hang with the Lakers' bigs for cheap.

And this only addresses ONE problem. As was pointed out a few posts above, San Antonio still has no 3-pt game or solid defense. Celtics have most of these things and are still losing (and going to lose) to the Lakers.

kobyz
06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
we not worse from the Celtics as a team this year, i think we could have had a great playoff run after disappointed regular season such as Boston scenario, after we defeated the Mavs i thought we could win the title, that the contenders are not so tough and we can win any series, but i don't know what happened, we should have beaten the Suns!

spursfaninla
06-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Reasons spurs lost to phx:

1) Manu was hampered by his injury (although he claims to the contrary).

2) Hill could not guard nash.

3) phx's bench WAY outplayed our bench.

4) Hill and RJ did not contribute consistently.

itzsoweezee
06-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Bonner would NEVER see the floor if he played on the Celtics.

BUMP
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
we not worse from the Celtics as a team this year, i think we could have had a great playoff run after disappointed regular season such as Boston scenario, after we defeated the Mavs i thought we could win the title, that the contenders are not so tough and we can win any series, but i don't know what happened, we should have beaten the Suns!

:lmao

TJastal
06-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Celtics have yet to win anything and are likely to lose to LA. Gasol trade changed everything. With true big men dying out and getting old/slow, LA has a huge advantage over the next few years with a 29 year old big that actually plays like a big and has the size of a big. TD and KG are going downhill with no turnaround and there isn't any free agent that can hang with the Lakers' bigs for cheap.

And this only addresses ONE problem. As was pointed out a few posts above, San Antonio still has no 3-pt game or solid defense. Celtics have most of these things and are still losing (and going to lose) to the Lakers.

Celts have a great chance of winning this years' title, yet and have the bigs to match up with the lakers.

The lakers' advantage was the twin towers but now Bynum's minutes and production are steadily falling off a cliff and celtics' bench players are stepping up big-time.

Fabbs
06-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Bonner would NEVER see the floor if he played on the Celtics.
Which team other then the Clippers and purposely tanking Nets would he see the minutes he got from Popped?