PDA

View Full Version : Offtopic: Gonna be in San Antonio next week

LnGrrrR
06-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I've got a TDY for a conference. Anyone want to get together to catch a Finals game? I'll be in town Sunday afternoon to the next Friday night.

Quit Hatin'
06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
There ain't gonna be a finals game next week.

Quit Hatin'

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2010, 08:09 PM
I've got a TDY for a conference. Anyone want to get together to catch a Finals game? I'll be in town Sunday afternoon to the next Friday night.

I'd join ya Ln but I too will be out of town starting next Tuesday till Thursday.
S.A. is a great city. Plenty to do and great food. Hope you enjoy your stay.

:toast

LnGrrrR
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
There ain't gonna be a finals game next week.

Quit Hatin'

Uhmm

I'll be in town Sunday afternoon to the next Friday night.

Do you only have to win three games now to win the Finals? I didn't hear they changed that. Retard.

LnGrrrR
06-09-2010, 08:15 PM
I'd join ya Ln but I too will be out of town starting next Tuesday till Thursday.

Oh yeah, I know. I was stationed at Randolph AFB from '00 to '04... that's how I met my wife. :) Still have in-laws there living on the SOuth side... looking forward to some carne asada. My wife is pissed I get to go. :lol

SomeCallMeTim
06-09-2010, 08:36 PM

Bu-bu-but Riverwalk is dirty!

I'll co-sign the great food and I agree, SA is a cool place. IMO if you can't find something cool about any major American city, you just aren't looking hard enough.

Shastafarian
06-09-2010, 08:37 PM

I'll co-sign the great food and I agree, SA is a cool place. IMO if you can't find something cool about any major American city, you just aren't looking hard enough.

Clearly you've never been to Houston.

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah, I know. I was stationed at Randolph AFB from '00 to '04... that's how I met my wife. :) Still have in-laws there living on the SOuth side... looking forward to some carne asada. My wife is pissed I get to go. :lol

BTW, thanks for your service

thedong
06-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Don't expect to see many skinny women down there, expect a whole bunch of entitled BBW's instead. :toast

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Don't expect to see many skinny women down there, expect a whole bunch of entitled BBW's instead. :toast

:lol

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2010, 08:51 PM

ain't that many Bbw's just Bw's here :depressed

Findog
06-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Clearly you've never been to Houston.

Houston has cool areas, but I wouldn't want to live there.

LnGrrrR
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Clearly you've also never been to Biloxi, Mississippi. :lol

LnGrrrR
06-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Thanks for the support! I'll have 11 years in, come this August. 9 more (at least) to go!

Sisk
06-10-2010, 12:12 AM
GTG.. lets do it!

Mouse will organize it or something.. haha

Killakobe81
06-10-2010, 12:58 AM

San Antonio is cool ...I no loner live there or we could hit a BWW or a local sportsbar ...

As for Houston they have more things to do than Dallas (live in Frisco now) but I think Dallas is abetter city to raise a family IMHO

TheMACHINE
06-10-2010, 01:14 AM
I never been to Texas...if i do go..which city should i visit?

LnGrrrR
06-10-2010, 01:38 AM
I never been to Texas...if i do go..which city should i visit?

If you had to pick one city? I'd say Austin. Sure, it's full of yuppies and hippies, but it's beautiful, there's tons of bands, bars and things to do.

Second choice would be San Antonio. The Riverwalk is great, and it's just a nice town, with high priced stuff in the Quarry to the poorer sections south of Military Drive that have great food cheap.

Third would be South Padre Island... :D

I can't stand Houston traffic, and I've never been to Dallas or El Paso.

Killakobe81
06-10-2010, 08:06 AM
If you had to pick one city? I'd say Austin. Sure, it's full of yuppies and hippies, but it's beautiful, there's tons of bands, bars and things to do.

Second choice would be San Antonio. The Riverwalk is great, and it's just a nice town, with high priced stuff in the Quarry to the poorer sections south of Military Drive that have great food cheap.

El Paso doesnt have much
Houston has the best night-life
San antonio mist family orientated lots of tourist stuff
Austin best bars
Dallas best housing ...

Agloco
06-10-2010, 08:31 AM
San Antonio is cool ...I no loner live there or we could hit a BWW or a local sportsbar ...

As for Houston they have more things to do than Dallas (live in Frisco now) but I think Dallas is abetter city to raise a family IMHO

Agreed. I'm in SA now and have family in both Houston and Dallas. I'd have to say that when I do my residency, I'd much rather it be in Dallas. My girls will be starting kinder when I graduate, so I'm looking for a more family friendly environment. The only spot near Houston I'd move to at this point is the Woodlands.

Agloco
06-10-2010, 08:34 AM

Well, you're not missing anything in El Paso, except Chicos Tacos. They're a local legend and they're not bad actually. I'd generally choose to stay away from the border though.

manufan10
06-10-2010, 08:40 AM

Agreed. Thanks for your service.

urunobili
06-10-2010, 09:13 AM

:tu

Austin is the best city in Texas to live in

Brazil
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Well, you're not missing anything in El Paso, except Chicos Tacos. They're a local legend and they're not bad actually. I'd generally choose to stay away from the border though.

El Paso is not that bad, white sand is pretty cool to visit and Juarez except for security issues is a nice place for fiestas and mexican girls !

LnGrrrR
06-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Oh and whoever mentioned Houston having the best nightlife, I'd say Austin is pretty close. San Antonio seems to shut down around ten o clock :lol

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 12:20 PM
El Paso is not that bad, white sand is pretty cool to visit and Juarez except for security issues is a nice place for fiestas and mexican girls !

Yup. White sands is cool not to mention the only place in Texas where snow sking is just1 hour and 15 minutes away.
Got some family there. Food is good also. Pretty authentic stuff not to mention the New Mexico influence on cuisine there.

manufan10
06-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Out of all the cities in Texas I've visited, the only major city I would consider living in is San Antonio. The only other city I would consider is Dallas, but that's just so I can go to Cowboys and Stars games.

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Bumping this... Anyone on the boards watching this at a bar or something? If so, let me know and I'll try to make it. If the Celts win I want someone to celebrate with and possibly call me a taxi home, and if the Celts lose I may need someone to prevent me from suffering alcohol poisoning. :lol

Trainwreck2100
06-15-2010, 06:06 AM
pm scott he owns a bar

SenorSpur
06-15-2010, 08:36 AM

What a coincidence.

So do I.

Hey neighbor.

silverblk mystix
06-15-2010, 08:55 AM
lived in L.A/So Cal for 16-17 years and absolutely loved it (still hated the lakers though)...

coming back to texas--which is where I started (San Antonio)...

there was only ONE place that had enough vibe to convince me NOT to go back to cali--and that was Austin...fwiw