PDA

View Full Version : Michael Cooper calls out Magic Johnson.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Check under 6/9 Michael Cooper section.
http://www.am570radio.com/common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=petrosmoney

"C'mon Magic!! Where's your Laker Pride?!"

He said Magic needs to always show his Laker pride no matter what and stop faking it just because he's on the round table on abc, lol he pwned Magic.

MiamiHeat
06-10-2010, 03:26 AM
National commentators, such as ABC, should always strive to be fair in their commentary. Homers are for local, hometown broadcasts where the audience is also from the team's hometown.

Cooper, stfu.

PGDynasty24
06-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Mchale sure as hell doesn't hide his biased toward Celtics so why should Magic

lefty
06-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Fuck Cooper

One of the worst homers IMO

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 08:24 AM
If Heinsohn could be professional enough at CBS during our redemption in '85 & '87, Magic can as well. I just don't know why either Heinsohn or Johnson would want to put themselves in that agonizing position. Neither needed the money. There is no fucking way if I was Magic that I could sit there with McHale and converse in a civil manner as if nothing ever happened.

These current Lakers/Celtics........phhhhhhttttt........they pose over the blood letting of yore, but, aside from Wallace they're ain't a grain a genuine hate twixt 'em.

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Fuck Cooper

One of the worst homers IMO

:rolleyes

Does Shawn Helliot ring a bell?

lefty
06-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Coop is the worst

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Coop is worst

Doubt it.

manufan10
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
I'll admit that Sean is a big homer, but he isn't on nationally and he's on more for the locals. I think how Magic handles himself is great. Of course he is a little biased, but that's ok. I still respect him because he conducts himself as not being a total homer in a national broadcast segment.

I don't mind when guys are homers when they're doing the local telecast (i.e. Sean, Cooper, Clyde Drexler, etc.)

:tu

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I'll admit that Sean is a big homer, but he isn't on nationally and he's on more for the locals. I think how Magic handles himself is great. Of course he is a little biased, but that's ok. I still respect him because he conducts himself as not being a total homer in a national broadcast segment.

I don't mind when guys are homers when they're doing the local telecast (i.e. Sean, Cooper, Clyde Drexler, etc.)

Agreed. I actually have nothing against Sean. Good guy and admire him when he went through his health crisis several years ago.

ChrisRichards
06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
National commentators, such as ABC, should always strive to be fair in their commentary. Homers are for local, hometown broadcasts where the audience is also from the team's hometown.

Cooper, stfu.

IronMexican
06-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Coop is awesome. It would be nice if KCAL added him to the mix. I get a little bored with Jim Hill and Worthy.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Why did Riley deserve a swift kick in the ass after coaching the Lakers during their most glorified era?

Sportcamper
06-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Cooper Rocks...I Rock Too...:tu

An Unbiased Fan
06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Magic is a horrible commentator period. He's adds nothing, and every other sentence from him is a reference to his playinng days.

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Magic is a horrible commentator period. He's adds nothing, and every other sentence from him is a reference to his playinng days.

As much as I love Buck (Earvin), I am afraid your right. Commentating is not his strong suit.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Who rocks more? Cooper or Vic the Brick!!?! lol

Feeling you!
0Fg8MCtZ5s8

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Vic the brick is da man!
He's an interesting guy that Vic is. Strong east-coast accent loving on the Lakers?

Hmmm....

midnightpulp
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Who rocks more? Cooper or Vic the Brick!!?! lol

Feeling you!
0Fg8MCtZ5s8

Vic the Brick and Michael Cooper are faggots.

bdubya
06-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Magic ain't the most articulate guy, but he's clearly better suited for national broadcast than Cooper.

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Riley was a front running media hog and turned into a dictator. The players grew tired of him, especially Magic. He wore out his welcome, and no one gave a shit when he left.

Luva,

You don't have a little love for Riles? He's still part of the Laker fabric don't you think?

21_Blessings
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Nothing but love for Riles the Laker. But his 90s Knicks/Miami teams were abortions to the game of basketball.

Ashy Larry
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM

Sean Elliott is brutal .... definitely up there with Tommy Heinsohn and that Portland Trailblazers crew .....

man, we are truly blessed to have/had Vin Scully, Chick Hearn, Bob Miller and Spero ......

TheManFromAcme
06-10-2010, 05:12 PM
None what so ever. You leave LA by choice, then fuck you. He's never invited to any of the ceremonies. He claims when the Miami Cheat won a title, it was better than any of the showtime titles. Riley ran our boys in the ground when we were about to three-peat and left town shortly afterward. Fuck him.

Shoots! I remember that now. It's coming to me.:depressed
I can understand your bitterness a little more now and being that he indeed did say that, he's gonna have to crawl on his knees for forgiveness should he ever want "in".

I guess I am more dissapointed in him more than anything. Riles was King of L.A. back in the 80's along with Magic.

Poor judgement on Riles end for saying something stupid like that.
Nice :lobt: run by Miami but to compare Miami or say they were better than showtime?........GTFO. That's blasphemy. :nope

TD 21
06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Cooper is an idiot. You're not supposed to be biased in broadcasting. In the case of Johnson, we know he's inherently biased and yet he makes no effort to conceal that fact. He said a while ago, "we" when talking about the Lakers. Every time Scott asks who the game at hand is more important for or which player it's most important for to step up, he mentions the Lakers or a Laker. He did so last game despite the fact that no one in their right mind could have made a case that it was more important for the Lakers. How much more biased does Cooper want him to be? On top of that, he's not even a good analyst. I know he's an all-time great and most people like him, but ABC/ESPN are embarrassing both themselves and the league by having him on their panel.

In general, their coverage is sub par. I know TNT has got the better, more entertaining talent, but still, ABC is home to the finals and the best they can do is Scott, Wilbon, Barry and Johnson? Brutal. Scott and Wilbon sit there kissing Johnson's, the Lakers, Bryant and James ass non stop and Barry just might be the most unlikable on air broadcaster/analyst covering the NBA.

MiamiHeat
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Shoots! I remember that now. It's coming to me.:depressed
I can understand your bitterness a little more now and being that he indeed did say that, he's gonna have to crawl on his knees for forgiveness should he ever want "in".

I guess I am more dissapointed in him more than anything. Riles was King of L.A. back in the 80's along with Magic.

Poor judgement on Riles end for saying something stupid like that.
Nice :lobt: run by Miami but to compare Miami or say they were better than showtime?........GTFO. That's blasphemy. :nope

He didn't say it was better.

he said it was more meaningful

The reason ?

Because success came fast and early for Riley with the Lakers, but once he left LA, he had to build a team from scratch.

He made it to the Finals in New York, but they lost.

Then he built the Miami Heat from NOTHING to Championship contenders through the late 90's.

It took riley like 16? 17? 18? years ? to win another title.

He said he had to work really hard to build the right team, and that his Miami Title was more special because it had been so long since he won a championship, and that this championship had a lot of blood sweat and tears in it, a long time coming.

Get it now?