shelshor
06-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Referee Assignments
Thurs. Jun 10
L.A. Lakers @ Boston: Scott Foster; Eddie F. Rush; Greg Willard

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Greg Willard's first ever Finals game.

Interesting that of the 12 Finals officials in 2010, there are two absolute first timers (Bill Kennedy and Greg Willard), two others who had worked only 1 Finals game before 2010 (Derrick Stafford and Monty McCutchen), another who had only worked 3 Finals games before (Scott Foster) and 3 others who've worked fewer than 10 Finals games in their careers (Joe Derosa, Mike Callahan, and Ken Mauer).

Altogether, that's 8 of 12 Finals officials who aren't exactly from the "old guard" of NBA officials. After years of hearing that an infusion of new blood would improve officiating at the highest levels, we have 8 relatively new refs and about as much controversy as we've ever had.

By the way, the 12 Finals officials have proven to be:

Mike Callahan
Dan Crawford
Joey Crawford
Joe Derosa
Scott Foster
Bill Kennedy
Ken Mauer
Monty McCutchen
Ed Rush
Bennett Salvatore
Derrick Stafford
Greg Willard

I suspect that Joey is the crew chief for Game 5 and will be joined by some combination of Derosa, Stafford, Mauer, and Callahan.

McCutchen is likely the crew chief for Game 6 and will be joined by some combination of Derosa, Stafford, Mauer, Callahan, and Rush.

My guess is that Dan Crawford is probably the crew chief for Game 7 and that a Game 7 crew would consist of Crawford, Salvatore, and Foster -- again, just a guess.

bostonguy
06-10-2010, 12:32 PM
If the Celts lose tonight, this series ends Sunday night. If they win, then this just means the trophy presentation for the Lakers will take place at Staples. Since the Rockets series, the Lakers have been 5-0 in closeout games with all 5 wins being on the road. The Celts just don't have enough offensive firepower to match the Lakers. That has been and will continue to be their downfall.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 12:39 PM
If the Celts lose tonight, this series ends Sunday night. If they win, then this just means the trophy presentation for the Lakers will take place at Staples. Since the Rockets series, the Lakers have been 5-0 in closeout games with all 5 wins being on the road. The Celts just don't have enough offensive firepower to match the Lakers. That has been and will continue to be their downfall.

Duder, quit already. There hasn't yet been a definitive moment in these Finals.

Sisk
06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Is Pierce going to play tonight or take another game off? I'll forgive him for game 3, but this is his game tonight, it needs to be.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
It's all up to Artest, Sisk.

LnGrrrR
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM
We need at least 2 of the Big 3 to step up.

LakerHater
06-10-2010, 05:38 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/photo_images/775744/86775_NBA_Finals_Lakers_Celtics_Basketball.jpg

bostonguy
06-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Is Pierce going to play tonight or take another game off? I'll forgive him for game 3, but this is his game tonight, it needs to be.

Take another game off? Pierce not going off on Walton is one thing. But Ron Artest just matches up real well with Pierce. He has the strength and toughness to keep the best player in the world from powering his way to the basket. The Lakers fucking length also is to thank for that.

LnGrrrR
06-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Take another game off? Pierce not going off on Walton is one thing. But Ron Artest just matches up real well with Pierce. He has the strength and toughness to keep the best player in the world from powering his way to the basket. The Lakers fucking length also is to thank for that.

Yup. Gonna have to hope Celtics play with more heart, and it overcomes the Lakers physical advantages. Gotta make the Lakers screw up mentally.