PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation With Stern May Cost Celtics Part-Owner

BullsDynasty
06-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Confrontation With Stern May Cost Celtics Part-Owner

Celtics minority owner Jim Pallotta may face a fine from the NBA after he had a verbal confrontation with commissioner David Stern following Game 3 of the NBA Finals.

According to multiple sources, Pallotta, who was angry over the officiating in Game 3, confronted Stern and said the league should be embarrassed at the officiating in the series.

In the past, owners that have been publicly critical of officials have received six-figure fines.

The NBA officially had no comment on the incident, while a Celtics spokesman said he was unaware of it.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67118/20100610/confrontation_with_stern_may_cost_celtics_part_own er/#ixzz0qSQqknkb

Muser
06-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Don't mess with Stern.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Panic is starting to take root.

If the Lakers break thru here, kids, it's Katie bar the door (tee, hee), & an endless peat.

Finish it.

DazedAndConfused
06-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Celtic organization is pure class eh?

21_Blessings
06-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Hopefully the owner mentioned those two missed calls the Celts benefited from in the 4th quarter. I mean the officials even looked at that instant replay and still couldn't get it right.

21_Blessings
06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
HqIl4LOUjsc

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-10-2010, 10:15 AM
:cry

jag
06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm waiting for conspiracy theory celtics fan to explain how Stern made Ray Allen go 0-13.

lefty
06-10-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm waiting for conspiracy theory celtics fan to explain how Stern made Ray Allen go 0-13.
He made the rim move everytime Ray shot the ball, thanks to a super remote device.

It's a conspiracy, I can prove it ! :madrun

Baseline
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Confrontation With Stern May Cost Celtics Part-Owner

Celtics minority owner Jim Pallotta may face a fine from the NBA after he had a verbal confrontation with commissioner David Stern following Game 3 of the NBA Finals.

According to multiple sources, Pallotta, who was angry over the officiating in Game 3, confronted Stern and said the league should be embarrassed at the officiating in the series.

In the past, owners that have been publicly critical of officials have received six-figure fines.

The NBA officially had no comment on the incident, while a Celtics spokesman said he was unaware of it.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67118/20100610/confrontation_with_stern_may_cost_celtics_part_own er/#ixzz0qSQqknkb

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Peter Holt had every right to go after Stern after the bogus 0.4 shot.

And obviously the Maloofs had every right to go after Stern after the 2002 series with Sacramento.

But one hing you'll never, ever see is Jerry Buss going after Stern, because Stern will never, ever do anything to stand in the way of a Laker championship. In fact, he won't even let fairness stand in the way.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 02:40 PM

:lmao

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
And obviously the Maloofs had every right to go after Stern after the 2002 series with Sacramento.

Those goofy bastards wanted to start a Congressional investigation over it.

All they needed was to have Webber listen to Adelbrained: "just climb into Horry's shorts and don't step out, Chris."

"Oh, ok, coach, how many timeouts do we have left, coach?"

Kamnik
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM

:lmao:toast:toast:toast

Baseline
06-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Shut the fuck up, bitch. Enjoy the brief success we allowed you to have and stop complaining.

The Spurs won four titles despite absolutely nobody outside the state of Texas wanting it to happen. Not one win the Spurs have ever had has been assisted. It's an absolute, complete miracle that they won four titles in David Stern's NBA.

Meanwhile, you have to live with being a fan of a team which gets preferential treatment in every single aspect of the process, from trades to calls.

After watching the 2010 Finals, the Lakers are about a centimeter below the Globetrotters in terms of objectivity.

And Laker fans, if you don't know what objectivity means, and I'm sure you don't....it's a major component of why you're a Laker fan.

Jacob1983
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Laker fans shouldn't bitch about the refs or calls. Celtic fans shouldn't bitch either. Stern has helped both teams toward getting championships whether it was help from the refs or help from historically lop-sided trades that favored the Lakers and Celtics.

baseline bum
06-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Just like Red Auerbach's old ass shouting down refs at the end of games in the 87 Finals.