PDA

View Full Version : My uncle had an interesting experience in Mexico

desflood
06-10-2010, 10:57 AM
My uncle (born and raised in MI) couldn't find work up there so he's renting an apt. in El Paso and drives over the border into Mexico for work every day. He sent this email to my aunt a few days ago.

Now I think I've experienced it all.

I was at the Flextronics plant today to solve a couple of issues they had. The plant manager insisted on taking me out to lunch. I didn't really want to go because I'm afraid of what real Mexican food would do to me but decided it wouldn't be polite to turn him down. We went to a local restaurant he likes, sat down and ordered lunch. Before we were served a half dozen guys walked in locked the doors and went around and collected all of the cell phones (politely) in a pillow case. They then proceeded to sit down and have lunch. No one else was allowed in and no one in was allowed out. They finished in about an hour and before they left, the big guy who collected all the cell phones walked around giving them back. He had collected probably 30 cell phones and was able to walk up to a table and without asking, return the proper cell phone to each person just by reaching into the bag and pulling one out, never saying a word. How he could remember who's was who's was beyond me. They then unlocked the doors and left. It turns out the head guy was a high up in the cartel. He also paid for everyone's lunch and told us to have a nice day.

Any how, thought you would like the story.

My poor uncle probably spent that lunch thinking it was his last :lol

Leetonidas
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
If that's true, holy shit, that's crazy. Too bad they're always killing people and shit otherwise I might be inclined to make a nice comment.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Wow. Can't imagine.

Sportcamper
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Cool Story...That stuff also happens in LA...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2010, 11:51 AM
As if border town food wasn't already enough to make someone shit themselves.

SpursWoman
06-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Crazy stuff for sure.

The company I used to work for that went out of business used to do a lot of business with Flextronics ... until they opened shop in Mexico for the cheaper labor. Bastards. :lol

TIMMYD!
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
This happens quite often actually, it probably was the leader, "El Chapo".

Sisk
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM

:lol

But damn, that had to have been his most interesting meal ever.

Goliadnative
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
This happens quite often actually, it probably was the leader, "El Chapo".

You sure it wasn't "El Guapo"

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
checkin if phones has phone tapping? fail..

DisAsTerBot
06-10-2010, 01:02 PM

uhhhh...no.

manufan10
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM

I would have played it cool. :hat

:D

panic giraffe
06-10-2010, 02:35 PM

wow, no. it was most likely a security measure to make sure that no one could give away the head dude's whereabouts. they probably had another dude posted out the door and a car at both blocks that would let anyone in or out towards the place, and more than likely shortwaves reporting in police and other traffic. your uncle couldn't have been in a more secure place then if he was in fort knox, as long as he's not in the drug trade.

also doubt it would be chapo, i don't even think he has a reason to leave sinola anymore, just sit back, watch money pile up, and order hits like a fortune 500 ceo while listening to corridos and bandas about himself. pimp.

the fact that it was a small man team screams zetas. the fact that the big dude had a photographic memory screams former special forces even louder.

CosmicCowboy
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
It was probably LeBron James and his posse.

polandprzem
06-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Flex clients

One of the best I have in my job

Slydragon
06-10-2010, 03:15 PM
So he paid for everyone, what that transfer to? 10 US dollars.

z0sa
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Cool story. Those guys are underworld capitalists and smart people, possibly even highly educated.

Blake
06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
My uncle (born and raised in MI) couldn't find work up there so he's renting an apt. in El Paso and drives over the border into Mexico for work every day. He sent this email to my aunt a few days ago.

I was at the Flextronics plant today to solve a couple of issues they had. The plant manager insisted on taking me out to lunch. I didn't really want to go because I'm afraid of what real Mexican food would do to me but decided it wouldn't be polite to turn him down. We went to a local restaurant he likes, sat down and ordered lunch. Before we were served a half dozen guys walked in locked the doors and went around and collected all of the cell phones (politely) in a pillow case. They then proceeded to sit down and have lunch. No one else was allowed in and no one in was allowed out. They finished in about an hour and before they left, the big guy who collected all the cell phones walked around giving them back. He had collected probably 30 cell phones and was able to walk up to a table and without asking, return the proper cell phone to each person just by reaching into the bag and pulling one out, never saying a word. How he could remember who's was who's was beyond me. They then unlocked the doors and left. It turns out the head guy was a high up in the cartel. He also paid for everyone's lunch and told us to have a nice day.

I do like the story.

Every time my wife wants to go across the border to shop, I like to show her these.......whether they are really true or not.

JudynTX
06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
I do like the story.

Every time my wife wants to go across the border to shop, I like to show her these.......whether they are really true or not.

You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico right now. F that! :lol

baseline bum
06-10-2010, 04:22 PM
I'd still be more scared of the cops than anything out there. Never had any of the gangs fuck with me, unless you want to call the policia a gang.

Blake
06-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I'd still be more scared of the cops than anything out there. Never had any of the gangs fuck with me, unless you want to call the policia a gang.

In Mexico, you call the gang hotline to report cop activity in the area.

JudynTX
06-10-2010, 04:25 PM

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2010, 04:27 PM

That's one of my favorite Jacobo Cuervo jokes.

Blake
06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
That's one of my favorite Jacobo Cuervo jokes.

aww......I thought I made that up on my own.....

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2010, 04:37 PM
:lol, I'm pretty sure you did Blake. That's a quality line.

EmptyMan
06-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Mexican food is that damn good. Even cartel bosses lock down blocks just to go out and eat that goodness.

mrsmaalox
06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico right now. F that! :lol

I was raised in El Paso (ugh!), lived half my life there; parents, brother and most of my extended family is still there and I can easily say that none of them have been over to Juarez in at least 20 years and will happily die never going there again. It's just plain ugly.

My cousin sent me this from the El Paso Times:

Special report: 'Juárez deserves the title of most dangerous city in the world'
http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_15241689?source=most_viewed

Stringer_Bell
06-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Cool story. Those guys are underworld capitalists and smart people, possibly even highly educated.

They're street smart for sure and have great instincts, but I have a hunch the educated ones aren't anywhere near the action when they're working numbers.

Does anyone know how many civilians have been killed in the violence? I'd be interesting to know if there's been a better combatant/civilian ratio than either of the Middle East wars going on.

Cool story, glad everyone got a free lunch!

DesignatedT
06-11-2010, 12:19 AM

:lol that's crazy.

desflood
06-11-2010, 07:51 AM
At one point he told my aunt that part of his orientation included learning which border checkpoint agents he could bribe and which he couldn't :lol
He may or may not have been kidding on that one. He's a funny guy.

panic giraffe
06-11-2010, 01:24 PM
They're street smart for sure and have great instincts, but I have a hunch the educated ones aren't anywhere near the action when they're working numbers.

Does anyone know how many civilians have been killed in the violence? I'd be interesting to know if there's been a better combatant/civilian ratio than either of the Middle East wars going on.

Cool story, glad everyone got a free lunch!

exactly, the higher ups just play the numbers like any efficiently ran corporation.

the violence is sickening. which is why even though i don't care what people choose to put in their bodies, i hope they do so in good conscience. buy good ole fashioned american hydroponic. don't give those asshats your money.