PDA

View Full Version : Tony Allen: Kobe intentionally kicked me in the neck!

ChrisRichards
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Tony Allen took eight stitches in his upper lip, and also said he suffered a neck injury in Game 3 thanks to Kobe Bryant's (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1018493#) foot.

Allen's says that Kobe kicked him while he was down in the fourth quarter. "I slipped and he actually kicked me in the neck," Allen said. "That's what he did. I ain't too happy about that, neither. But he kicked me in my neck and it is what it is." Allen however, is not sure how he hurt his lips that needed stitches.

Keep an eye on Allen and Kobe tonight, but the fact remains that it's probably a good thing Kobe didn't kick him in the knee instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8PqTNy0sQ&feature=player_embedded

Suspension?

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 04:04 PM
So, is Allen saying the kick was intentional, or, not?

JamStone
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Lmao, following Doc's lead.

What a joke. And yes, I watched the youtube clip.

Kobe never looked down, was looking at the rim the entire time, felt Tony Allen coming underneath him like an undercut and repositioned his body accordingly so he wouldn't sprain an ankle. Why the hell are you diving towards his feet anyway, Tony?

That is pathetic.

ChrisRichards
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
So, is Allen saying the kick was intentional, or, not?
Basically he's saying its intentional.

"I slipped and he actually kicked me in the neck," Allen said. "That's what he did. I ain't too happy about that, neither. But he kicked me in my neck and it is what it is."

ChrisRichards
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Lmao, following Doc's lead.

What a joke. And yes, I watched the youtube clip.

Kobe never looked down, was looking at the rim the entire time, felt Tony Allen coming underneath him like an undercut and repositioned his body accordingly so he wouldn't sprain an ankle. Why the hell are you diving towards his feet anyway, Tony?

That is pathetic.
not hating on kobe here, but he's been known for plays like this (Manu, Mike Miller, Jaric) so the possibility of kobe intentionally hurting allen is not a reach.

also, considering allen bothered kobe that night (10-29) im sure kobe was frustrated on tony allen and kicked him in his neck.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Basically he's saying its intentional.

"I slipped and he actually kicked me in the neck," Allen said. "That's what he did. I ain't too happy about that, neither. But he kicked me in my neck and it is what it is."

Finish it.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
not hating on kobe here, but he's been known for plays like this (Manu, Mike Miller, Jaric)

True, but, give Bryant credit:::he always feels bad afterward.

tee, hee.

JamStone
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
It's not a reach but it's not reality either.

Kobe never even looked down. Only reason he moved his legs different on the way down is because he felt Tony Allen undercutting him, due to Tony Allen slipping, which he himself admitted.

Don't want to get kicked in the neck? Don't put your head and neck right at a players feet.

Kriz-Maxima
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Serves him right. Why the hell would he dive under a guy taking a jump shot?

resistanze
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Lakers in 5. Celtics are more interested in whining.

Fabbs
06-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I wonder how hes going to feel we Kobe breaks his foot off in his ass tonight. Boston Bitches.
"we Kobe".
Your noze is so far up Kobes ass you refer to you and he as "we".
Successful cult deprogamming is available, KYluva.

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Not surprising at all..

Kobe has a history of dirty plays, he's probably the most underrated dirty player in the league..his elbows have intentionally done plenty of damage in the past, now he's using other methods..

It's tough to believe otherwise when the guy has a history like Kobe does, you can only defend his dirty play so many times..one of the biggest scum bags in sports history..

Yes, I acknowledge that Bowen was a dirty player as well..the difference is that the media and fans called him out for it all the time, even in situations where it didn't look bad..just want some consistency..

JamStone
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Kobe is dirty. An ultimate competitor with a do-anything-to-win type mentality.

This however was not intentional. Tony Allen himself admitted he slipped. That got him to dive towards Kobe's feet, also giving Kobe the feeling of getting undercut.

Don't slip and you won't get kicked in the neck.

Don't dive towards Kobe's feet as he raises for a jump shot, you won't get kicked in the neck.

Don't be a bitch about it when it's your own fault.

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Not surprising at all..

Kobe has a history of dirty plays, he's probably the most underrated dirty player in the league..his elbows have intentionally done plenty of damage in the past, now he's using other methods..

It's tough to believe otherwise when the guy has a history like Kobe does, you can only defend his dirty play so many times..one of the biggest scum bags in sports history..

Yes, I acknowledge that Bowen was a dirty player as well..the difference is that the media and fans called him out for it all the time, even in situations where it didn't look bad..just want some consistency..

Doesn't hurt to watch the video before you post retarded crap.

Anyone with a brain could tell that was in no way intentional. You guys are trying to say that while Kobe is concentrating on his shot, not even looking down, had a "feel" where Allen was and wanted to go out of his way in order to hurt him instead of make the shot.

Never mind that this idiot dove right at his feet or anything. Who the fuck does that?:lmao

Muser
06-10-2010, 05:04 PM
That's a big reach on Allen's part.

Ashy Larry
06-10-2010, 05:10 PM
has he even looked at the replay ???

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 05:12 PM
1h1Yt4KUND4

JamStone
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Lmao Kobe really can be a dirty motherfucker out there on the court.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I think this incident is nothing worth noting, I just found an opportunity to post that video. I like the song :lol

Tony Allen should worry less about Kobe and worry more about the fact most high school players have a better jumper than he does.

silverblk mystix
06-10-2010, 05:34 PM
kobe is dirty--almost as dirty as fisher--who is even dirtier than artest--who happens to be just a bit dirtier than gasol---who....

awww fuck it

celtics should just come out and match this shit tonight and turn this series into a fuckin barroom brawl

that would be better than this ref controlled pussy shit

crc21209
06-10-2010, 05:37 PM
not surprising at all..

It's tough to believe otherwise when the guy has a history like kobe does, you can only defend his dirty play so many times..one of the biggest scum bags in sports history..

Yes, i acknowledge that bowen was a dirty player as well..the difference is that the media and fans called him out for it all the time, even in situations where it didn't look bad..just want some consistency..

+1

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Doesn't hurt to watch the video before you post retarded crap.

Anyone with a brain could tell that was in no way intentional. You guys are trying to say that while Kobe is concentrating on his shot, not even looking down, had a "feel" where Allen was and wanted to go out of his way in order to hurt him instead of make the shot.

Never mind that this idiot dove right at his feet or anything. Who the fuck does that?:lmao

Which part of my post was false or "retarded"?..

I didn't watch the video, I just commented on Kobe's history as a dirty player, so any play of this kind becomes questionable when a player with Kobe's reputation is involved, similar to how the media treats other "dirty" players..that's on him for being dirty, when you do it so much, you get a reputation for it..

DPG21920
06-10-2010, 06:36 PM
"I ain't too happy about that neither". LOL

Medvedenko
06-10-2010, 06:40 PM

I didn't watch the video, I just commented on Kobe's history as a dirty player, so any play of this kind becomes questionable when a player with Kobe's reputation is involved, similar to how the media treats other "dirty" players..that's on him for being dirty, when you do it so much, you get a reputation for it..

He's right, you're retarded. Watch the damn video and comment rather than make bs allegations based on the past. The thread is regarding the Tony Allen neck kick, not anything to do with the past. TA is just trying to motivate himself for the next game and looking like a complete douche and delusional.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2010, 06:40 PM
HarlemHeat just being Harlemhe...err i mean ChrisRichards. Nothing to see here.

djohn2oo8
06-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Artest just holds people alot, he is not dirty

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
As a Spurs fan, I'm used to fans and media blasting Bruce Bowen for any questionable play, even when it's borderline(which would be the category I would place the play in the OP)..it's the reputation that Bruce earned by committing dirty plays..

I don't see how it's unfair for me to use the same criteria that is used when any other dirty player is involved..

Medvedenko
06-10-2010, 06:50 PM
As a Spurs fan, I'm used to fans and media blasting Bruce Bowen for any questionable play, even when it's borderline(which would be the category I would place the play in the OP)..it's the reputation that Bruce earned by committing dirty plays..

I don't see how it's unfair for me to use the same criteria that is used when any other dirty player is involved..

What does this thread have to do with Bruce Bowen.
Have you watched the video?

JamStone
06-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Watch the video then post your opinion before suggesting Kobe is now "using other [dirty] methods" implying he did in fact intentionally kick Tony Allen.

sexinthatsx
06-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Kobe just needs to get over the fact that there are people in the league who can stop him... albeit not consistently, but he doesn't have to resort to these dirty plays. If you take a look in the video, Manu, Shane Battier, Raja Bell... all those guys are known for their great defense. When Kobe got his shot blocked, he can't let go of the fact that he got owned, so it's his reaction to elbow the other person to try and regain possession. Obviously anybody who watched game 2 knew that Tony Allen played some good defense, while Kobe was struggling on the floor at the same time. It is not that surprising that Kobe would do something like this at all...

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 06:53 PM
1h1Yt4KUND4
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

You gotta admit, ever since Chris Childs stole on him, and Reggie got the best of him, he's been taking no prisoners ever since! :ihit

On the real though. WTF is Allen talking about. They are the dirtiest team east of the Mississippi (Thuggets are #1). Now that they can't bully us they want to whine and send tapes to the league to try and get an edge. Even funnier? PP getting worked by Ron "Chinese Death blow" Artest :blah

LnGrrrR
06-10-2010, 06:58 PM
There's no way that was intentional, unless Kobe has been practicing some sort of precognitive mystic martial arts.

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 06:58 PM
The video doesn't show anything..it doesn't really make a difference anyways, none of us know Kobe's true intentions, it's all speculation..

The only thing we know for certain is that Kobe DID kick Tony Allen in the head/neck area..based on the reputation he's built off of all the cheap shots he's taken, I don't see how it's a stretch to believe it was intentional..

To my knowledge, Tony Allen doesn't have a history of lying or being the type of guy that would fabricate something like this..

The other guy involved has had plenty of dirty incidents and was having trouble scoring on Allen that night..there was plenty of motive for this incident, so it's not far-fetched..

I'm not saying it's a fact that it was intentional, it's impossible to know, but it's certainly a very strong and more likely possibility IMO..

JamStone
06-10-2010, 07:04 PM
The video shows Kobe raising up for a jump shot. The video shows Kobe looking at the rim the entire time, even at the point when he kicks Tony Allen. The video shows that it was a shot clock winding down bail-out 25 foot three pointer Kobe took. How the hell is he going to think about kicking Tony Allen's neck when he's focused on beating the shot clock with a 25 footer? The video shows Tony Allen diving head first towards Kobe feet.

I guess what you determine as the video not showing anything is far different than what I took from the video.

Cane
06-10-2010, 07:05 PM
1h1Yt4KUND4

Gotta wonder how much they stress using elbows back in their high schools since KG, Dwight Howard, and Kobe love to use 'em. :stirpot:

Medvedenko
06-10-2010, 07:12 PM
The video doesn't show anything..it doesn't really make a difference anyways, none of us know Kobe's true intentions, it's all speculation..

The only thing we know for certain is that Kobe DID kick Tony Allen in the head/neck area..based on the reputation he's built off of all the cheap shots he's taken, I don't see how it's a stretch to believe it was intentional..

To my knowledge, Tony Allen doesn't have a history of lying or being the type of guy that would fabricate something like this..

The other guy involved has had plenty of dirty incidents and was having trouble scoring on Allen that night..there was plenty of motive for this incident, so it's not far-fetched..

I'm not saying it's a fact that it was intentional, it's impossible to know, but it's certainly a very strong and more likely possibility IMO..

Man you're dense.

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 07:15 PM
The video shows Kobe raising up for a jump shot. The video shows Kobe looking at the rim the entire time, even at the point when he kicks Tony Allen. The video shows that it was a shot clock winding down bail-out 25 foot three pointer Kobe took. How the hell is he going to think about kicking Tony Allen's neck when he's focused on beating the shot clock with a 25 footer? The video shows Tony Allen diving head first towards Kobe feet.

I guess what you determine as the video not showing anything is far different than what I took from the video.

Of course I saw this, it's right in front of me..it's meaningless though..

Are you saying Kobe has no periphery vision or awareness of what is right next or very closely around him?..it's basketball, you have defenders and all kinds of action all around you, you have to be aware of everything, especially if you're a player of that caliber..

Of course he knew where Allen was..Kobe is one of the top 3 best perimeter scorers of all-time, he's one of the most focused athletes ever..I'm pretty sure he knows how to follow his surroundings and be aware of everything around him, even in pressure situations, it's part of his talent and part of his responsibility as an elite player..

It wouldn't be that difficult at all for a guy of his stature, not even close IMO..

Going by reputation is a better method than reading minds..I'm saying that I don't know if it was intentional, but that it's more likely that it was than not, based on Kobe's well-deserved rep..

You're saying it definitely wasn't intentional, and you're basing this on your belief that Kobe has no awareness of what's around him and no ability to to focus on something while keeping track of where his defender is..

Kind of a stretch TBH, and you're really underrating Kobe's ability IMO..

silverblk mystix
06-10-2010, 07:18 PM
why is it that when kobe shoots unguarded---you don't see his legs kicking out---

but watch when he is closely guarded---legs swing out---elbows flail and swing,etc..

but this is on the league

they have let him get away with this type of play forever--and on the other side---you can't even breathe on him---

like the last game when he drove in --elevated--no-one made contact---he gets the and-1...:lol:lol

as long as the league has this double-standard---this will happen all the time...

maybe the kick was unintentional---but kobe has worked these aggressive offensive kicks/elbows,etc into his game to probably get more calls--so it was not that much of a mystery that he made contact...

as soon as a defender figures out how to neutralize this tactic

the nba---will change the rules again--so that their superstars get all the advantage again :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 07:20 PM

Are you saying Kobe has no periphery vision or awareness of what is right next or very closely around him?..

Of course he knew where Allen was..Kobe is one of the top 3 best perimeter scorers of all-time, he's one of the most focused athletes ever..I'm pretty sure he knows how to follow his surroundings and be aware of everything around him, even in pressure situations, it's part of his talent and part of his responsibility as an elite player..

It wouldn't be that difficult at all for a guy of his stature, not even close IMO..

Going by reputation is a better method than reading minds..
Bruce Lee Bowen was the king of effing perimeter players up. I know you are not defending what the Celtics are doing. It's no coincidence that Kobe is shooting a lower % this series. It's clear: he is worried about getting hurt. Now they are trying crowd him in an effort to hurt him. Funny how it has backfired on them. Studio Gangsta is next.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 07:24 PM

This attitude is fine, but when Spurfan won't shut up when someone like Kobe commits a dirty play yet in the very next sentence will talk about how classy and innocent Bruce Bowen was it's hypocritical. When the Spurs were winning championships, they committed just as many dirty plays as the Lakers do now, but that's not a problem, you don't win championships by acting nice.

cobbler
06-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Nothing of substance here. Just Harlem/Chris/Miami showing their obssesion and stupidity AGAIN and AGAIN!!!

It was clear when it happend and its clear in the videos. Nothing but accidental contact. Any 5 year old can see that.

duhoh
06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
incidental. kobe's dirty at times, but this wasn't intentional

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
This attitude is fine, but when Spurfan won't shut up when someone like Kobe commits a dirty play yet in the very next sentence will talk about how classy and innocent Bruce Bowen was it's hypocritical. When the Spurs were winning championships, they committed just as many dirty plays as the Lakers do now, but that's not a problem, you don't win championships by acting nice.

I agree, and I acknowledge that there are plenty of Spurs fans that get butthurt when somebody criticizes Bruce for it..

ChrisRichards
06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Kobe's frustration pushed him to do this last tuesday, in Phil Jackson's book the Last Season, Phil mentioned that "Kobe can be consumed with surprising anger". I remember Artest was manhandling Kobe in the post last year. So Kobe retaliated and elbowed Artest in the throat. That's pretty low specially since Artest is a good guy. Kobe's 10-29 shooting may have finally pushed him over the edge. Unfortunately for Allen, he just became one of the many poor individuals consumed by Kobe's anger.

I mean, Tony Allen is a good guy. Id take his word over Kobe Bryant any day of the week.

JamStone
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Are you saying Kobe has no periphery vision or awareness of what is right next or very closely around him?..it's basketball, you have defenders and all kinds of action all around you, you have to be aware of everything, especially if you're a player of that caliber..

Going by reputation is a better method than reading minds..I'm saying that I don't know if it was intentional, but that it's more likely that it was than not, based on Kobe's well-deserved rep..

You're saying it definitely wasn't intentional, and you're basing this on your belief that Kobe has no awareness of what's around him and no ability to to focus on something while keeping track of where his defender is..

Kind of a stretch TBH, and you're really underrating Kobe's ability IMO..

You misrepresented what I wrote.

Yes, Kobe was aware Tony Allen was diving underneath him. He felt him and he very likely saw him in his peripheral vision. That's precisely why he moved his legs differently, to avoid being undercut. My point was that his main focus was on beating the shot clock and making the shot, not on "intentionally" kicking Tony Allen's neck. I think there's a different level of awareness between trying to get out of the way of someone undercutting you and actually intentionally and purposefully kicking someone in the neck. That's how I interpreted it. And no, I'm not reading Kobe's mind. I'm looking at the video to make that personal determination.

Using Kobe's reputation doesn't even apply here. His reputation is for elbowing guys after he's done shooting the ball, not kicking a guy while still in the shooting motion. That's not his dirty reputation. And that's not something you can draw a parallel here.

But yes, I'm saying it was definitely not intentional. The video does support it. You don't have to read minds. You don't have interpret intent. You don't have to look at reputation. Kobe wasn't trying to intentionally kick Tony Allen.

ChrisRichards
06-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Kobe's elbow on Manu's face= intentional

kobe elbowing raja bell resulting in a payback clothesline courtesy by mr. bell= intentional.

Kobe's sharp elbow on Mike Miller coming down to the lane= intentional

kobe's elbow on marko jaric= intentional

kobe's elbow on artest's throat=intentional as fuck

kobe wrapping his hands on ms. fabers neck, eventhough she said stop= intentional

come on, look at the guy's record...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Back to Tony Allen's jumper though, does anyone agree it's one of the ugliest shots in the league?

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 07:46 PM

kobe elbowing raja bell resulting in a payback clothesline courtesy by mr. bell= intentional.

kobe wrapping his hands on ms. fabers neck, eventhough she said stop= intentional

come on, look ak the guy's record...

Why aren't you watching a cHeat game? Oh, that's right - they're at home. My bad...

ChrisRichards
06-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Back to Tony Allen's jumper though, does anyone agree it's one of the ugliest shots in the league?
Yeah, he's right there with Marion, Camby and Kenyon Martin.

Why aren't you watching a cHeat game? Oh, that's right - they're at home. My bad...
Wade is busy building a dynasty right now recruiting top of the line NBA talents. Dont worry, their time will come again.

JamStone
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM

come on, look at the guy's record...

I agree that all of those were intentional with the possible exception of the elbow on Artest. It may have been, but I don't think it was absolutely intentional. Kobe was boxing out for a rebound and caught Ron. That's something that might not be intentional.

But the others, they were all intentional.

Kicking Tony Allen's neck was not intentional.

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Well reputation or not, it was painfully obvious it was unintentional....

If you wanna argue otherwise, have fun looking stupid :lol

Killakobe81
06-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Kiss my converse (nikes) Leroy!!! LOL

VivaPopovich
06-11-2010, 04:36 PM
i'm rooting for the Celtics here but now the dirtiest team in the NBA can't take it when guys take their shit and throw it right back at them? don't bitch, get him back

BronxCowboy
06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Kobe kicking Allen was accidental, but Bynum tripping Allen??? Looked like he extended his leg when it looked like Allen was going to get around him to me... :stirpot:

BronxCowboy
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
BTW, it seems that all you guys calling the Celtics the dirtiest team in the NBA are drinking PJ's Kool-Aid.

Kamala
06-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Many of the best players have been dirty. Bird, Jordan, and Drexler come to mind as some pretty nasty bastards on the court.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Bowen, Horry, Manu as well.

You don't ring by doing good.

ezau
06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I like Allen, but this thing is simply whining.

Sisk
06-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Pretty clear this was unintentional

FkLA
06-12-2010, 03:56 AM
You cant say this was unintentional simply because he was looking at the basket. KG was looking straight ahead when he elbowed Q-Rich who was behind him in the first round so by that logic, unless he has eyes in the back of his head, KG's elbow was also unintentional? Im pretty certain Kobe felt and likely even saw Allen through his peripheral vision. So like Harlem said, the fact that he's pulled off weak shit like this before doesnt help his defense much...I wouldnt put it past Kobe that this was indeed intentional.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 06:30 AM
I wouldnt put it past Kobe that this was indeed intentional.

You got no room.

That barrel of shit Manu is a dirty thing as well.

TJastal
06-12-2010, 08:05 AM

It's mind boggling that laker fans like to think Kobe is some kind of saintly figure who has never done anything dirty in his career, when in reality he's up there with the worst offenders the league has ever seen as far as dirty plays. It's laughable that he thinks if he's sly enough about it, people won't notice (as in this example). Of course, refs turn a blind eye to it and play dumb as if the hundreds of "accidental" elbows to the face are just that.. accidents.

TJastal
06-12-2010, 08:14 AM
You got no room.

That barrel of shit Manu is a dirty thing as well.

There is a difference between the two. I have never seen Manu elbow anyone in the face or do anything to put another player in harms' way. The current laker squad (and especially KB) are notorious for taking cheap shots on other players if an opportunity arises.

TJastal
06-12-2010, 08:17 AM
You cant say this was unintentional simply because he was looking at the basket. KG was looking straight ahead when he elbowed Q-Rich who was behind him in the first round so by that logic, unless he has eyes in the back of his head, KG's elbow was also unintentional? Im pretty certain Kobe felt and likely even saw Allen through his peripheral vision. So like Harlem said, the fact that he's pulled off weak shit like this before doesnt help his defense much...I wouldnt put it past Kobe that this was indeed intentional.

+1

I would say for 100% sure it was intentional. Who the fuck kicks in the air after shooting a 3pt shot??

(beside Reggie Miller).. and he would only do it to flop on the floor in order to get a foul called.

TJastal
06-12-2010, 08:23 AM
And for you dumb shitsticks who can't figure out why Allen was falling headfirst, Andrew Bynum sticks his leg out and trips him (should have been a foul IMO)

TJastal
06-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Many of the best players have been dirty. Bird, Jordan, and Drexler come to mind as some pretty nasty bastards on the court.

I think the subject at hand is more about cheap shotting (as in, STRIKING an opponent with an elbow or fist), moreso than being "dirty" which is a more general term that could include other things like flops, holds, pushes, pulls, grabs, etc.

I don't remember Bird, Drexler, Jordan taking regular cheap shots on opponents (as in regularily elbowing/punching/kicking people "accidentally")

Karl Malone otoh might give KB a run for his money for being a total douchebag cheap shotter.

Will Hunting
06-12-2010, 08:42 AM
It's mind boggling that laker fans like to think Kobe is some kind of saintly figure who has never done anything dirty in his career

Not nearly as "mind boggling" as Spurfan who thinks Bruce Bowen is a classy player who's never done anything dirty.

Will Hunting
06-12-2010, 08:43 AM
+1

I would say for 100% sure it was intentional. Who the fuck kicks in the air after shooting a 3pt shot??

(beside Reggie Miller).. and he would only do it to flop on the floor in order to get a foul called.

Reggie Miller was the best 3 point shooter of all time dipshit, tons of players have mimicked that move to try and get the foul.

TJastal
06-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Not nearly as "mind boggling" as Spurfan who thinks Bruce Bowen is a classy player who's never done anything dirty.

I'll admit Bruce Bowen was a filthy bastard who had a knack for getting away with alot of illegal things when refs weren't looking (grab, hold, kick, trip, etc)

Was he a regular cheap shotter? I don't think so.

TJastal
06-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Reggie Miller was the best 3 point shooter of all time dipshit, tons of players have mimicked that move to try and get the foul.

Your point is moot. In this example it's clear that KB wasn't trying to get a foul by kicking his leg.

Will Hunting
06-12-2010, 08:53 AM

Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Steve Nash and countless other players would call this retarded.

TJastal
06-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Steve Nash and countless other players would call this retarded.

I guess you speak for them, then?

would these players call him a cheap shot artist? Or just a dirty player?

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I'll admit Bruce Bowen was a filthy bastard who had a knack for getting away with alot of illegal things when refs weren't looking (grab, hold, kick, trip, etc)

:lmao

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:05 AM
There is a difference between the two. I have never seen Manu elbow anyone in the face or do anything to put another player in harms' way. The current laker squad (and especially KB) are notorious for taking cheap shots on other players if an opportunity arises.

Manu throws elbows as well. That's harms' way, TJ.

Your squad (the old one, not the one with shaved poots that got beat flat by the Suns) we're just as dirty as our squad. Horry, thank goodness, rammed the Nash Rambler into the telephone pole. Bowen, would pull an Allen and put his different body parts under a jumper shooter's feet.

You've no room, sassafras.

AZLouis
06-12-2010, 12:19 PM

I seem to remember a Manu flop that took Barbosa's knee out.

He missed 2-3 weeks in Manu's attempt to earn his SAG card.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Testify, Lou, testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I seem to remember a Manu flop that took Barbosa's knee out.

He missed 2-3 weeks in Manu's attempt to earn his SAG card.

Did the Suns send him a "Thank You" card?..

mavsfan1000
06-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Not a surprise. Kobe is a dirty-ass player. That rapist should be in jail.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Not a surprise. Kobe is a dirty-ass player. That rapist should be in jail.

So should the Heat for raping you in '06.

tee, hee.

cobbler
06-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Anyone who looks at that play and says that was intentional, regardless of past history, is either a hater or a complete bafoon.

Heck, if that was intentional then Kobe is infintely more talented than given credit for.

This is hating and stupidity at it's extreme. Nothing more.

v2freak
06-13-2010, 03:39 AM
I can't determine if he did it intentionally or not. Another poster mentioned a discrepency between his shooting unguarded and guarded. From that video it does seem a bit strange to kick one's leg out that high and far. That's all I can surmise from it at the moment.

angelbelow
06-13-2010, 04:35 AM
lol thats not even close to being intentional. this is a joke.